Adelaide Game a Reality Check: Trengove

jnrmac

So why did you bother?

Because, for some stupid reason, I still like to try and help the hopeless to understand. I should know by now that it's a complete waste of time, but alas, I'll probably keep doing it anyway.

• Like 4

Guest King Cuthbertson

I was really impressed with Trengove's attitude, and they way he stood up to the press and spoke honestly last season when the ship had sunk. He showed great maturity for a 19 year old kid, at a time when more experienced and senior players were nowhere to be seen.

I agree though, saying it's a 'reality check'.....Well um, we've won 4 games this year and we haven't played finals for 6 years, and we've been non-competitive for significant portions of the majority of games this year. Cut the PR talk and give it to us straight JT..

He's a great kid and I like him when he's calling it for what it is, as opposed to talking in meaningless cliches' .

What's wrong with crediting a top team when they just applied the shellac?

No they don't. But the club needs to put more time into the media contingent because the above effort makes a mockery of us supporters. And we need them all

People are gettingjack of it.

Say nothing. DO.

OK, last time I'll bother to try to get through.

Player contracts mostly mandate a particular number of media and other appearances players and coaches must do.

And, while I'm prepared to be corrected on this, I am pretty sure the broadcast deal also mandates a particular number of appearances per club in various media, and the club allocates players and coaches to this accordingly.

Do you think the coaches do pre-match radio because they enjoy it? They don't, and they mostly talk meaningless rubbish.

Or because they think supporters care what they say half an hour before a match? I know I don't care, I'd rather Neeld was in the rooms reminding our players what manning up means.

Do you think James Hird wants to be interviewed at quarter time by some roving idiot, while he is wandering back up to the box?

Do you think players do media interviews before they've even wiped the mud off their faces because they are media whores?

Of course they don't. They do it because they are contractually obliged to do it.

• Like 2

Player contracts mostly mandate a particular number of media and other appearances players and coaches must do.

And, while I'm prepared to be corrected on this, I am pretty sure the broadcast deal also mandates a particular number of appearances per club in various media, and the club allocates players and coaches to this accordingly.

Do you think the coaches do pre-match radio because they enjoy it? They don't, and they mostly talk meaningless rubbish.

Or because they think supporters care what they say half an hour before a match? I know I don't care, I'd rather Neeld was in the rooms reminding our players what manning up means.

Do you think James Hird wants to be interviewed at quarter time by some roving idiot, while he is wandering back up to the box?

Do you think players do media interviews before they've even wiped the mud off their faces because they are media whores?

Of course they don't. They do it because they are contractually obliged to do it.

Not sure about others Undeeterred but I think the majority agree with you.

It is all about Television.

I almost never watch it because it is usually cobblers

With the possible exception of KS I am sure the rest would gladly not do it.

Yes i am fully aware of the AFL Obligations and you are right. But what Trengove said was an internal interview for us demon supporters. So i think it was very lame considering the last 5 years. We have all had enough of the reality checks...time to actually learn and put them behind us all. The team included.

Yes i am fully aware of the AFL Obligations and you are right. But what Trengove said was an internal interview for us demon supporters. So i think it was very lame considering the last 5 years. We have all had enough of the reality checks...time to actually learn and put them behind us all. The team included.

Its pretty simple and the club should be giving guidance to these young Captains. Maybe it was just an unfortunate choice of words but something like the following would be better:

"We have seen what level we need to get to and we aren't there yet, We know what we need to do and we are working hard towards getting there. It and it has been a hard time for our supporters and players but I think they can start to see we are performing better for longer in games. We are very optimistic that next year will see substantially improved performances by our team.'

Talking about a reality check like it has just dawned on them is infuriating.

• Like 2

Would that be the same Dangerfield that went at Pick 10 in the 2007 draft - the same year we picked up man mountain Cale Morton at pick 4?? Clearly he has had longer to mature and put on weight than Cale......

Would that be the same Dangerfield that went at Pick 10 in the 2007 draft - the same year we picked up man mountain Cale Morton at pick 4?? Clearly he has had longer to mature and put on weight than Cale......

If given the chance, Patty Dangerfield could possibly pick Cale Morton up like Bane and break his back if he really wanted to.

When I post on Demonland, if I read something that I believe deserves a considered response.......

Thats where your argument lost credibility.... point me to any post of that nature ?...(wee attempt at humor)

Its pretty simple and the club should be giving guidance to these young Captains. Maybe it was just an unfortunate choice of words but something like the following would be better:

"We have seen what level we need to get to and we aren't there yet, We know what we need to do and we are working hard towards getting there. It and it has been a hard time for our supporters and players but I think they can start to see we are performing better for longer in games. We are very optimistic that next year will see substantially improved performances by our team.'

my thoughts exactly with an added " I ain't gonna lose a minutes sleep over it"

Spot on Jnr. I expect more from a professional sporting club after 5+ years of dross. The club needs all it's supporters right now.

Semantics. It's clear what the intention of what he was saying was, yet you pull him to task over 2 words, delivered off-the-cuff and now taken out of context. It's just nit-picking and pettiness.

• Like 2

I don't know what you want him to say....maybe......"We are absolute crap and I'm pissing off now while I still can"

Or...."sorry not talking to anyone anymore, even when I am co captain"

What do you want him to say?????

Say nothing just Do!Its embarassing- has been all year. First thing Neeld should do is stop them talking to the media until thay have something to say by way of their actions on the fileld.Its pathetic!

Semantics. It's clear what the intention of what he was saying was, yet you pull him to task over 2 words, delivered off-the-cuff and now taken out of context. It's just nit-picking and pettiness.

Here is a better example of what we should be doing from Jeremy Howe. If you want to be a professional club it has to cut through all levels of the club including media performance.

As you for your pettiness comments I guess you you wouldn't know what it takes.

“To lose by 10 goals - it wasn’t the way we wanted to finish, but it happened that way,” he said.

“It’s another season over, and now we’ve got to get ourselves up and look forward to the next pre-season.”

Having played Adelaide and Fremantle in the last two rounds of the season, Howe said their form was just a taste of what Melbourne needed to reach and ultimately surpass in the long term.

“We played two teams that made finals in our last two games - it was good for us to show where we’re at,” he said.

“Freo and Adelaide are playing good footy and they deserve to be in there - and that’s where we need to get to.

“We’ve got plenty of improvements, so hopefully we’ll get there soon.”

• Like 1

Here is a better example of what we should be doing from Jeremy Howe. If you want to be a professional club it has to cut through all levels of the club including media performance.

As you for your pettiness comments I guess you you wouldn't know what it takes.

“To lose by 10 goals - it wasn’t the way we wanted to finish, but it happened that way,” he said.

“It’s another season over, and now we’ve got to get ourselves up and look forward to the next pre-season.”

Having played Adelaide and Fremantle in the last two rounds of the season, Howe said their form was just a taste of what Melbourne needed to reach and ultimately surpass in the long term.

“We played two teams that made finals in our last two games - it was good for us to show where we’re at,” he said.

“Freo and Adelaide are playing good footy and they deserve to be in there - and that’s where we need to get to.

“We’ve got plenty of improvements, so hopefully we’ll get there soon.”

That is a much better read.