Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm    

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat

Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Oliver Wines

PartyTimeJohnny

My mail is that Todd Viney was pushing very hard to recruit Wines and that Neeld overruled him with the Toumpas pick and that they had a fallout over it early 2013.Don't blame Todd by any stretch.It was that [censored] Neeld.

Sounds about right.

Viney and Neeld had a falling out over Wines TV wanted him desperatly just like the majority of us I watched Toumpas closely on Saturday and he has great skills but he runs funny and his courage is questionable,just another poor decision and what's amazing is that professional footy people that a paid massive $$$$$$$$ couldn't see what the rest of us could.

That must be the reason then. Jimmy living with Todd and Family was an order by Neeld. MN "Toumpas must live in your house so you know who is boss". TV "Ok Neeldy, if that's what you want. I'll have a kid live with me so I can keep telling him how much I didn't want him".

How you jokers come up with this shite as fact completely bewilders me! He said she said!! What sad miserable lives you must lead.

If any of you knew as much as you thought you did, you would know that TV was our National Recruiting Manager in 2012. The way it works is a Coach will outline to the Recruiting Team what style of footy he wants to foster and then the sort of player he needs to play that style. The Recruiting Team then goes out and finds those players. They also then take into account the 4 pillars as explained previously. TV, as National Recruiting Mgr, then oversees a list of players ranked from 1 down. There was only one club that didn't have Toumpas rated 2nd best player in 2012 draft pool. This was the same Club that rated 5 other players better than Wingard! Toumpas would have gone to any other Club if they had pick 4. Ask them.

• Like 3

That must be the reason then. Jimmy living with Todd and Family was an order by Neeld. MN "Toumpas must live in your house so you know who is boss". TV "Ok Neeldy, if that's what you want. I'll have a kid live with me so I can keep telling him how much I didn't want him".

How you jokers come up with this shite as fact completely bewilders me! He said she said!! What sad miserable lives you must lead.

If any of you knew as much as you thought you did, you would know that TV was our National Recruiting Manager in 2012. The way it works is a Coach will outline to the Recruiting Team what style of footy he wants to foster and then the sort of player he needs to play that style. The Recruiting Team then goes out and finds those players. They also then take into account the 4 pillars as explained previously. TV, as National Recruiting Mgr, then oversees a list of players ranked from 1 down. There was only one club that didn't have Toumpas rated 2nd best player in 2012 draft pool. This was the same Club that rated 5 other players better than Wingard! Toumpas would have gone to any other Club if they had pick 4. Ask them.

You're point being what exactly ... ?
  • Like 1

the recruiters who chose Toumpas also managed, Terlich, Matt Jones, Geourgiou, Kent, they have hardley missed a beat so far, and Todd Viney was like Ollie Wines second father, but they also knew Jimmy extremely well from SA footy, there is no one more informed in Australia to make the decision between those two and they are backing Toumpas to become a better player than Wines

Wines was ready to go, victorian so no go home factor, hungry to play with his best mate, it all fitted that we took Wines but they still choose toumpas, hopefully Jimmy is good enough to show us why over time, right now he needs to get back to the VFL and remember what it's like to enjoy his footy and focus on developing for now

...aha...but obviously there are just a multitude of posters here who know better than the professional recruiters....of course with the benefit of hindsight (which is missing at the time of the draft)

Wines has also had a taste of finals, which is invaluable to a first year player. Not only did he play, but he played well and contributed to their victory over Collingwood. Just wanted to throw the names of pick no2 Plowman and Pick no3 O'Rourke the two drafted before Toumpas, I think Plowman has played a few games and O'Rourke yet to debut.

Yes .... it is an indisputable fact that Wines played in finals and Toumpas did not....well sought out that fact. Does that necessarily make one a better player or a better choice than the other. (Just watched Bobby Skilton on Fox - one of the greatest players of all time...but only one final....didn;'t make him any lesser a player).

I havent really noticed Vineys pace as yet, am i missing something?

He is as hard as nails no doubt.

I'm not sure what is considered quick in AFL but Jack ran 51sec for 400m at the 2012 APS sports which isn't lightning but is above average. With that 400m time I reckon he would be about a 11.5 for 100m.

I can definitely tell you they don't make them soft where Fyfe comes from, Lake Grace, WA. Everyone I know from there I would consider pretty tough compared to the average.

Didn't work for Cale Morton who originally hails from that neck of the woods

• Like 1

Many Demon supporters didn't care who rated Toumpas and didn't care where he was rated by national recruiters etc because they don't always get it right. There were equally as many positives and reasons why we should have drafted Wines and many on here could see that. But it is not that simple and we will trust our recruiters because it is too late now.

Many Demon supporters didn't care who rated Toumpas and didn't care where he was rated by national recruiters etc because they don't always get it right. There were equally as many positives and reasons why we should have drafted Wines and many on here could see that. But it is not that simple and we will trust our recruiters because it is too late now.

Please stop now. You have no idea. People on here can't see Jack. All the National Recruiters have no idea??

Time for you to log out forever mate. I get you also thought Hawthorn got it wrong with Hodge, Eagles with Judd?? Take two pills and call Dr Nitschke in the morning lad.

I'm a bit with you here. I don't know where the story about Wines, Neeld and Viney comes from, I guess because young Viney and Wines were mates but what isn't said is that Jack also played a bit of footy with Toumpas in SA and he rated him very highly.

I don't understand how Neeld could take Wines over Toumpas as I doubt he would have seen either of them play much footy. It would have more likely been a decision made by Viney and Harrington.

I could see Neeld directing that we needed better kicking skills and that would be understandable to all on here. The knock on Wines was his disposal.

• Like 1

Just on the stats. They are skewed because they involve sub impacted games. I haven't checked but I think Wines had a few of them, which makes his stats all the more impressive.

I'll back our players and support them as hard as I can but Wines is a ripper and to suggest otherwise, as has been stated, exposes your bias. And that's fine because this is a demons forum but as a football comment it's tainted.

Please stop now. You have no idea. People on here can't see Jack. All the National Recruiters have no idea??

Time for you to log out forever mate. I get you also thought Hawthorn got it wrong with Hodge, Eagles with Judd?? Take two pills and call Dr Nitschke in the morning lad.

I just said we should trust our recruiters, but you missed that bit. You are right, I am wrong. Sorry for voicing an opinion. I shall leave you to listen to yourself because you know everything. Enjoy

"Because it is too late now"......I didn't miss it JVF. I saw it as well as your dig at them.

Mate, I'm not here to argue who we should or shouldn't have picked, I just hate the fact that we eat our own. Please, if we are going to bag out our players, at least lets be factual and not listen to hearsay and flat out lies. That crap (not said by you) about Neeld and Viney arguing is all Bullshite. Why would Todd and Family invite Jimmy to live in their own home if Todd didn't want him at the Club? It just doesn't make sense. I'm all for discussion, but if you go through all of my posts, you will notice that not once have I bagged any one of our players. I'm sick of seeing Wannabes bagging everyone and everything about our Club. Lets ALL get behind this group and see where we go with it. Roosy is in charge now and even he said that we have to temper our expectations. You can't change a mess that was ten years in the making overnight. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I too have left family interstate when i was a teenager for work purposes, and it's bloody hard. Lets give the Toump and all our interstate boys time and our support. It can't be easy for them!

• Like 3

Hmm this fine Tuesday morning I ventured on here to see why a player that players for another club in his second year has achieved 30 pages.

Now here is a surprise a large part of it is members calling each other names.

The surprising thing is I am surprised!

• Like 1

Forget about wines , he is a port adelaide player who has just signed for another two years.

We have no other option than to support jimmy, ive seen some good glimpses, he has had a good pre season, it will come.

This thread just equates to crying over spilt milk.

Edited by DeeZee
  • Like 2

Forget about wines , he is a port adelaide player who has just signed for another two years.

We have no other option than to support jimmy, ive seen some good glimpses, he has had a good pre season, it will come.

So glad you have seen some good glimpses. How nice for you.

We passed up a player who is regularly in their best players.

Not the first time it has happened either.

When you spot another glimpse let me know, i may miss it in the act of blinking.

• Like 1

When you spot another glimpse let me know, i may miss it in the act of blinking.

I understand your stance WYL but do you reckon it's a little unfair to totally write a young bloke off after one season? just because Wines is good doesn't mean Jimmy won't match him in time

We must have blinked at the same time wyl

I am not holding my breath, So far what I have seen ( far from everything ) suggests an average player.

At this point we have no choice but to be patient but being patient with the MFC after the last seven years is something I have in short supply.

• Like 1

Pretty much I think everyone's had there say. Don't see any Nic Nat threads

I understand your stance WYL but do you reckon it's a little unfair to totally write a young bloke off after one season? just because Wines is good doesn't mean Jimmy won't match him in time

the kid doesn't like the hard ball. It is why we get smashed in the middle.

Toumpas will not match Wines. He may improve but you either like the hard ball or you don't.

Port Radelaide must still be laughing at our stupidity.