• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Oliver Wines

PartyTimeJohnny

I dont think we can blame it all on the Toumpas / Wines scenario.

Watts, trengove,viney, toumpas,tyson,michie even hogan, are yet to really star consistently for the MFC during the home and away, whether it be injury, form , poor development,or their first or second years.

This is "THE" year we must find a star or two.

I believe though , that once viney and Hogan get a few games under their belt, they will drag the rest with them.

I dont think we can blame it all on the Toumpas / Wines scenario.

Watts, trengove,viney, toumpas,tyson,michie even hogan, are yet to really star consistently for the MFC during the home and away, whether it be injury, form , poor development,or their first or second years.

This is "THE" year we must find a star or two.

I believe though , that once viney and Hogan get a few games under their belt, they will drag the rest with them.

Interesting DeeZee if Viney was not the son of a legend would we giving him a free pass at present.

He seems to be without criticism at present.

I wonder if his seeming lack of fear is going to cost him dearly in the injury stakes.

There is a difference between being tough and being fool hardy and getting injured too often.

If ever a player should be eased into AFL level it is him IMO.

Without some help he will end up battered to death before he is 21.

This is the first time I have read this post because I knew it would be full of manic depressive people lamenting the Dees taking Toumpas over Wines. I am not dissapponted. For what its worth I thought Toumpas was every bit as good as Wines has been in the Richmond and Geelong games. If I recall correctly Neeld was at pains to point out that the Melbourne were well aware Toumpas was recovering from surgery that was likely to negatively impact on his firs season. I think it may have been an error to play him last year but if he was not played I can only imagine what would have been said on here.

Give the kid a break, he has not played with a decent preseason behind him.

• Like 2

This is the first time I have read this post because I knew it would be full of manic depressive people lamenting the Dees taking Toumpas over Wines. I am not dissapponted. For what its worth I thought Toumpas was every bit as good as Wines has been in the Richmond and Geelong games. If I recall correctly Neeld was at pains to point out that the Melbourne were well aware Toumpas was recovering from surgery that was likely to negatively impact on his firs season. I think it may have been an error to play him last year but if he was not played I can only imagine what would have been said on here.

Now that is true.

But is an often heard excuse for all and sundry.

We must be the unluckiest team in the AFL to have so many fail for this reason.

He has not played a game yet.

He might be a total bust!

Its not about that OD, it's about little Stuie trying to dig his way out of a hole. anyone that thinks the coach has no say in who's selected on draft night is a half wit.

Its not about that OD, it's about little Stuie trying to dig his way out of a hole. anyone that thinks the coach has no say in who's selected on draft night is a half wit.

Yes I know mjt but I could not resist.

The assumption that all good juniors will instantly transfer into champion AFL players never ceases to amuse me.

So did Neeld have no say in Hogan?

Hogan has nothing to do with what is being talked about.

You really do struggle don't you.

WYL said he's sick of people who no longer work for the club shafting us, Viney was our recruiter when we picked Toumpas, he still works for us.

Ok here we go "If Only...........

Sorry to digress..

but this is now easily the worst website ive ever dealt with.

am i doing something wrong? is there new rules or etiquette somewhere I should read??

I cant quote or multi quote anymore, cant edit posts, cant delete them.. cant cut, copy or paste anything anywhere?

-although it seems to be working for everyone else?

Its a f*cking shambles :huh: please help!

Edited by DemonDan...

Hogan has nothing to do with what is being talked about.

You really do struggle don't you.

WYL said he's sick of people who no longer work for the club shafting us, Viney was our recruiter when we picked Toumpas, he still works for us.

I struggle Christ keep digging Stuie and make sure you use thongs in the shower,who knows what you catch using those public showers in the Park. Edited by mjt

Fair dinkum, is this thread for real?

Both have played one season.

Wines clearly had a better first season than either Viney or Toumpas, but there were factors such as his physical maturity, quality of coaching, and players around him.

In the end, all three have only played one season, their first, doesn't mean Wines will have the best career out of all 3, but he now has a small headstart.

Haven't we learned anything from the last 8 years? Let's focus on the senior players not doing their job and let the kids develop. We can't continue to on one hand bemoan our lack of development, and on the other hand crucify a young player who has played one season with recovering hips, in a woeful midfield, under a truly terrible coach.

• Like 2

I struggle Christ keep digging Stuie and make sure you use thongs in the shower,know telling what you catch using those public showers in the Park.

Now you're just showing off your football knowledge...

You can bring up all the stats you want - the fact is, last season Ollie Wines was 10x more effective than Viney..

Wines changed matches last season - he influenced results..

Viney is still a year away at least and most of that in the gym, before he has the physical strength to be able to even attempt to do what Ollie was doing last year..

Are you new to the game of AFL?

I agree with you on Wines first season, but don't on Viney needing time in the gym. He really wouldn't want to put on any more size but does need to get some consistent game time. Having a better team around him like Wines has will help.

hey rjay

I think if he wants to break packs (like Ollie did) he may need some more weight..

BUT - I was actually trying to quote D26 from a top of pg.29

Im still trying to work out why I cant do somethings that I could always do when replying on d-land..

lets see if I can quote your post..

EDIT: Nup, See.. WTF? Have I missed something?? I cant even quote a post..

Mods.. Help!

Edited by DemonDan...

Wednesdays, Friday.

Today is my free lunchtimes that i get some time to myself which i choose to use for arguing with you nit-wits on this godforsaken website.

Correction "Football club"

• Like 1