POLL: Who Needs To Go? ... The Fans Decide

Range Rover

Which players do you not want to see appear on the senior list in 2013?  

340 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Progress update

top 10 hasn't changed but some positional changes

===================

Bate 83

Bennell 62

Morton 62

Petterd 55

J Mac 54

Dunn 49

Davey 41

Spencer 41

Moloney 36

Bartram 31

========================

Younger players (and Greeny) shown more mercy

Didn't Jack Watts say something along the lines of...I don't care whether we win or lose?

Btw, West Coast are ripping the Lions a new one.....Darling is killing them (and the Number 2 pick...)

I'm not judging public statements to the media made by players..... it's their true feelings behind closed doors that are more disturbing

How exactly? Bate should have gone to the Doggies and believe me he wanted to as he was given very few opportunities under Bailey. Neeld talked him into staying to try him in the midfield. he hasnt set the world on fire there and hasnt played well as a centre half forward type in seasons. He might struggle to get picked up by another team now.

I personally think we have bigger problems list wise than Bater.

What I think will happen at seasons end will be that many might pay for the sins of a few. The history of pumping years and seasons into players on potential and faith that is not ultimately repaid means that Neeld will probably feel compelled to be more ruthless this time. Some might potentially need another season to show they can play under Neeld's gameplan and Misson's hardcore fitness regime, but some wont get it.

There are some superb players in the WAFL. It aint the best standard obviously but we could get some cheap pickups there (the WAFL Demons have a cracker of a forward crumber).

We might struggle to get a few free agents and quality players at the end of the season because we arent exactly an attractive option at the moment. So really memberships and good strong support-base is an important thing. I assume that a player that was wavering on an offer could at least be comforted by the fact we had as many members as St Kilda this season despite being utter shizen.

Penant St Dee, can you please come on and post your thoughts on this? I know you've mentioned a goal sneaking, quick left footer (whose name eludes me) but are there any more?

Is the VFL a better standard than the WAFL?

I question the integrity and moral judgement of supporters who would even consider sacking club champions like moloney Green and davey.

your opinions should be regarded as poison.

I would love to meet some of you people in a pub after a few frothies. Especially rr. I know who would be the first running to the door.

It's a pity you can't cull some MFC supporters. You would think they would have learned after jnr Mac.

Obviously not. A friggin disgrace.

Edited by tonatopia

I can't believe how gutless and cowardly some people can be.

They have blind faith in bulltish and are willing to drive a stake thru the heart of loyal warriors.

I can't believe this crap. It is enough to make me not visit demonland again.

Backing a 10month unproven import over club champions. Jesus Christ! Have mercy on your souls.

This is a topic I don't like thinking about but but here goes. I think we can only shed ten players so I am working on that logic.

Brad Green: I think he realizes his time is up. There won't be any of the nasty fallout after Junior's departure in that it is said he left before his time was up.

Cale Morton: He is a popular whipping boy but we are in year 5 now and I am wondering where the upside is. I would like to see him traded but who would pick him up?

Rohan Bail: I think he has a go but his kicking has not improved. He regularly 'pulls off' the clangers that are so emblematic of the state of our club right now.

Lyndon Dunn: He has some ability but I can't see him getting any better than he currently is.

Ricky Petterd: I had really high hopes for him but hasn't really fired a shot since 2010. I wonder if his heart is in the place.

Brent Moloney: I don't think this will be our choice. I think Beamer has made his mind up to leave and will go via free agency. He is one of the group who had his nose severely put out of joint by the leadership change.

Aaron Davey: I think the game has passed him by. I get the feeling he hasn't been happy with the new regime and will probably be forced to retire.

Jamie Bennell: He has some skills and crazy acceleration. I just wonder about the application. He is symbolic of the Bailey era. He looks great when things are going great but when they go pear shaped, he puts his head in the sand.

Neville Jetta: I put him in the same class as Bennell.

Jake Spencer: I think there are too many competing for his position at the moment and he has been the one there the longest. He might need a few more years but I'm not sure they are years the club can give him.

I question the integrity and moral judgement of supporters who would even consider sacking club champions like moloney Green and davey.

I would love to meet some of you people in a pub after a few frothies. Especially rr. I know who would be the first running to the door.

It's a pity you can't cull some MFC supporters. You would think they would have learned after jnr Mac.

All three you have mentioned have had atrocious years after winning the Bluey. One might be unlucky, two careless but three and all of a sudden you have a strong trend of players getting ahead of themselves, earning extra money as a reigning B&F winner and not performing anywhere near the level of their B&F year.

What do you call it, coincidence?

This is a topic I don't like thinking about but but here goes. I think we can only shed ten players so I am working on that logic.

Brad Green: I think he realizes his time is up. There won't be any of the nasty fallout after Junior's departure in that it is said he left before his time was up.

Cale Morton: He is a popular whipping boy but we are in year 5 now and I am wondering where the upside is. I would like to see him traded but who would pick him up?

Rohan Bail: I think he has a go but his kicking has not improved. He regularly 'pulls off' the clangers that are so emblematic of the state of our club right now.

Lyndon Dunn: He has some ability but I can't see him getting any better than he currently is.

Ricky Petterd: I had really high hopes for him but hasn't really fired a shot since 2010. I wonder if his heart is in the place.

Brent Moloney: I don't think this will be our choice. I think Beamer has made his mind up to leave and will go via free agency. He is one of the group who had his nose severely put out of joint by the leadership change.

Aaron Davey: I think the game has passed him by. I get the feeling he hasn't been happy with the new regime and will probably be forced to retire.

Jamie Bennell: He has some skills and crazy acceleration. I just wonder about the application. He is symbolic of the Bailey era. He looks great when things are going great but when they go pear shaped, he puts his head in the sand.

Neville Jetta: I put him in the same class as Bennell.

Jake Spencer: I think there are too many competing for his position at the moment and he has been the one there the longest. He might need a few more years but I'm not sure they are years the club can give him.

I still think Dunny's a keeper - agree with the rest.

• Like 2

The only poison I hear on here is people like you saying we should sack the coach - knowing full well that would throw the whole team in turmoil and make it impossible to attract other players to the side.

I never said Moloney, Davey or Green should be sacked. What I said was Davey's injury is a compounding problem and I doubt he'll get back from it, Moloney doesnt probably suit the style of play Neeld wants to instill (and I did say that he was previously the heart and soul), and I think we should definaetly keep Green personally and he is a club champion.

But people who get all high and mighty about people on an internet forum critically analysing their list need to have a good think about what else the forum is for if it isnt for discussing how best to improve the team and get it back up the ladder. Or would you rather we sit here in denial, hold hands and sing psalms?

Every player that chooses the footy life knows that there can be very harsh realities and that the average player gets less than 100 games. i wasnt disrepectful about any players on the list and I could have been. Because its frustrating watching years being pumped into blokes making the same mistakes four years on...

I think its high time a few people on this forum took a chill pill, took a step back and got honest about where we are at. Remember that some of the older players are earning pretty tidy money for efforts that would not be tolerated anywhere else.

Edited by Norm Smith's Curse

Simply couldn't disagree more.

CS was a problem last year that was a convenient excuse for a playing group that has been underwhelming for years. He is not the issue nor any other of the football dept.

The players want for nothing in terms of support, coaching and facilities. Lunch cooked for them everyday by a chef.

Seriously the players we have were rubbish under DB and continue to display the same ethic and football smarts/ability under MN.

How many more admins/coaches can we sack before the players actually grow and do something?

Reality we don't have players who are up to AFL standard.

If we don't cull and wait another year to give them a chance with MN gameplan we will be in the same position with even more pressure on the club and players, not to mention our own sanity!

Well I would love to see my opinions tested. I called on this forum early last season that we had an internal meltdown going on. I was on the money Scully was leaving even before his infamous presser. I warned posters that they were being duped by his management. I was first to identify Whiteboard Wednesday for the stupidity that it was. I copped a lot a flack for all this from those who only listen to what they want to hear. Interesting how discussion on this poisonous subject always gets deflected. But I dont care because I know my onions.

Edited by america de cali

Really, sacking club champions would make us a club devoid of decency and fundamental human values.

It is enough to start a war within the club, for we did not learn our lesson from jnr Mac.

This club definitely needs some written principals that should Not be breached.

Simple things like;

'always play to win'

'respect for club champions'

Both of which are lacking from tbhe MFC.

• Like 1

Really, sacking club champions would make us a club devoid of decency and fundamental human values.

It is enough to start a war within the club, for we did not learn our lesson from jnr Mac.

This club definitely needs some written principals that should Not be breached.

Simple things like;

'always play to win'

'respect for club champions'

Both of which are lacking from tbhe MFC.

Great post.

The people have voted Tona!

Lol @ the pub comment. You're probably right though. Two sentences out of your mouth and I'd be making up an excuse to leave.

And RR - get Gysberts back on there. I am sorry to those who see his talent - he hasn't impressed.

He was actually there originally but the poll function only allows for 20 options. I had forgotten Spencer so swapped him out.

It's truly sad that we can actually consider 20+ names on the list in an exercise like this.

Rr, the elitist who has blind faith in his king while blaming the workers for the ills of the kindom. You are the personification of poor character.

Edited by tonatopia

Rr, the elitist who has blind faith in his king while blaming the workers for the ills of the kindom. You are the epitomy of poor character.

Get a grip.

You're the one baying for the blood of the coach.

It is a fact of AFL footy that careers come to an end and blokes get moved on.

In fact, the minimum number of changes is 3.

If you don't like talking about list management - leave this thread and go start one about why Neeld should be sacked inside of 12 months on the job.

Talk about poison...

FMD.

• Like 1

Rr, the elitist who has blind faith in his king while blaming the workers for the ills of the kindom. You are the epitomy of poor character.

This post belies some deep seated personal issues Tonatopia.

There are forums where you can get help. I'm not kidding around about that.

Joel Mc might not be the most skilled, but for consistency and effort he'd only be behind Nathan Jones IMO.

Will hopefully get overtaken by the young brigade coming through, but sets the tone as much as he can (or at least tries to).

• Like 1

Joel Mc might not be the most skilled, but for consistency and effort he'd only be behind Nathan Jones IMO.

Will hopefully get overtaken by the young brigade coming through, but sets the tone as much as he can (or at least tries to).

The test question is can they or will they be able to play well in finals.

I know we have a way to go before then but that is what we have to "see" in a player.

Edited by Biffen

The test question is can they or will they be able to play well in finals.

I know we have a way to go before then but that is what we have to "see" in a player.

I disagree with people assessing players in that way.

My reason is that I think we still need senior bodies, like Joel, to help us through this development stage, they may not be the best players and they (hopefully) will get less and less game time as the younger ones come through.

If the whole "will they be there for finals" thing was the criteria, then we would have 0 players over 24, and we've seen what that focus has done to us, we're still paying for it.

List management is one thing, club champions is another.

Bate, Dunn, and Morton should be moved on, but when you start talking about players who have been the heart and soul of this place, I am sorry, you are out of line.

Culture change is required, unfortunately it is the culture that is reflected by rr that needs to be culled.

The Melbourne Football Club is not a superannuation shelter for footballers past their used-by-date.

Clearly a significant number of other Demonland posters agree with me.

Things must ... and will ... change.

Keep believing in fairies rr. Even if you fail, you still have the silver spoon to keep you safe.

I live in reality. I am a business owner, employing 19 men. The buck stops with me, i am accountable for the performance of the company, not the friggin storeman.

You have absolutely no idea, and it scares me how many people can't see the problem, or dimly blame it on the players.

Madness.