Koby Stevens

jurrahcane

A Morton will never play at West Coast again.

a morton may never play again full stop...jarrod gone from hawks, mitch isnt setting the world on fire in sydney and with a bit of luck cale gone from our list

I mentioned in another thread that maybe Petterd for Stevens could work? Even if it was through a three way deal that maybe saw Petterd to Brisbane and a third round pick to West Coast that sends Stevens our way. We need another inside mid aswell as an outside mid.

Stevens is the moneyball type inside mid we should target if we can't get Boak.

David MacKay from Adelaide should be the outside mid we should target.

The Mortons father gave west coast a bake for not treating mitch morton like chris judd, hence why they wanted him out quick smart.

Wonder if he ll give the MFC a bake when we delist young Cale

The bit about lacking pace off the mark would be the concern, if still true. A very difficult attribute to improve on if it doesn't come naturally.

We need a couple midfielders with burst speed over the first 5 - 10.

It's very strange to me that Trengove, who apparently topped the charts in this area at his draft camp, appears to have lost some of this acceleration.

Trengove has invested a lot in the catch up training program....... We'll all see a different Trengove next year.....

Koby Stevens would be a good fit for us.... He need opportunity to play at the top level, we need mids

• Like 2

If we get a 2nd round compo pick for FA we could trade it to eagles for him? otherwise we would be offering overs ( 1st rnd pick) or unders(3rd round pick ) for him and the deal would probably not happen

Trengove has invested a lot in the catch up training program....... We'll all see a different Trengove next year.....

Koby Stevens would be a good fit for us.... He need opportunity to play at the top level, we need mids

can you shed some light on this 'catch up' training program?

If Gysberts goes, then i'd be interested in bringing Stevens in, but not before. Apart from build, they are one and the same. Thrive on contested ball, tough inside players, not quick and foot skills aren't exactly elite either.

Depends on attitude i guess, if Gysberts is slack in attitude and Stevens is a raging bull, then i'd swap immediately.

Edited by Demon Disciple

Has anyone heard anything in regards of which clubs have spoken to Stevens and if he's likely to have a preference ie who he supported as a kid or anything like that?

Supported as a kid is nothing these days. Money, possible team success and finals are the key ingredients.

• 2 weeks later...

The club is trying to up the trade value, if they rated him he would have played more games.

i think he would be in line to get more games if WCE didnt have Kerr still playing like a gun.

Stevens is by no means a ready to go, AFL standard mid, but given some time playing at that level should be able to make it.

Or Priddis, or Masten, or Shuey, or Gaff.

He's worth looking at, but he's the type of player you want to take in the PSD. You wouldn't want to trade for him.

Nothing like Masten Shuey or Gaff IMO

Koby Stevens is the exact type we need. Hard at it. Physically ready (differs from Gysberts in this regard).

Pic June 2012

a_160612sptwafllb2_1801n5b-1801n5e.jpg

I would see if we could get Koby Stevens as an out of contract player in the Pre Season draft.

Step 1 - make him the offer that he agrees to - he fits into our midfield and would be given a real chance of regular senior footy + 3 year deal at $200k per year.

Step 2 - offer around a 3rd round pick - #46 for him. West Coast would have to take this. Or swap Morton and get WC 3rd round pick #56.

Step 1 - make him the offer that he agrees to - he fits into our midfield and would be given a real chance of regular senior footy + 3 year deal at $200k per year.

So.... I thought you were trying to lure him over to the club. Playing regular, senior footy would be a good carrott, but the salary? in 2009, the average salary of an afl listed player was $220k... they have had a massive renegotiation of the player deal last year, and you reckon $200k would get it done? :wacko:

Koby Stevens is the exact type we need. Hard at it. Physically ready (differs from Gysberts in this regard).

Pic June 2012

a_160612sptwafllb2_1801n5b-1801n5e.jpg

I would see if we could get Koby Stevens as an out of contract player in the Pre Season draft.

Step 2 - offer around a 3rd round pick - #46 for him. West Coast would have to take this. Or swap Morton and get WC 3rd round pick #56.

Gysberts gets a lot of the ball and has rising star nom. (differs from Stevens in that regard).

Look he may well make it and so may Gys, both haven't as yet and are a punt. Is he really worth a trade? a lot here seem to think he is ...

Gysberts gets a lot of the ball and has rising star nom. (differs from Stevens in that regard).

Look he may well make it and so may Gys, both haven't as yet and are a punt. Is he really worth a trade? a lot here seem to think he is ...

i wouldnt trade Gysberts for Stevens

• Like 1

Not suggesting we trade Gysberts for Stevens but I am saying they are different types of players.

And as per average salaries, which are now around $240k / player. It is skewed by the top 10% getting on average $500-600k. Stevens would take the 3 years, a VIc based hometown team and the carrot of a regular game.

Nothing like Masten Shuey or Gaff IMO

I'm not talking about style, but clearly all clubs can only fit a certain number of players in a midfield rotation and those are players that Stevens is behind. He doesn't play like Rosa either, but he's another player that rotates through the midfield that is ahead of him. And you can add Embley.

It's not rocket science.