• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Pls your experience at the G Sat nite

Flemo56

Unfortunately I only savoured the game on the box, three times now....lol........But i would like to hear of some live experiences from anybody who went to the G. Our support certainly seemed to be loud, any takers? I'm there next week tho.

I was there and i was sick as a dog but i went because i had a feeling we would win and god was that a great win.

i have to tell you guy's im 30 and i had a feeling that i have never had at a game of football ever in my life when the final siren went i was standing next to my little sister we both ran down to the fence near the cheer squad and i looked at the joy of melbourne fans and player's and my sister and i just lost it tears of joy ran down my face. I cant explain what happen but it just shows how much time and love i have for this great football club.

The real BIG JIM would have been very proud of our boys.

Cheers

Unfortunately I only savoured the game on the box, three times now....lol........But i would like to hear of some live experiences from anybody who went to the G. Our support certainly seemed to be loud, any takers? I'm there next week tho.

Was pretty good where i was, went with some canadians who loved it, few people got the chants going ect on the forth tier. Essendon were quite because they iddnt look like winning for most of the night imo. Got loud when garland kicked his first in the last.

Went to sit in general admission, and ended up in the space seats over the Punt Road Goals.

Before the game decided they were woeful seats so went down and snuck into the Essendon members area around from the Punt road goals. Only Melb fans within 10 m. Game started and when Howe kicked our first I jumped up (beer in hand) yelling. A woman bomber fan in front of us turned and yelled "What the ... are you doing?" I kept celebrating. The womans friend told her off for being anti-social.

Quarter time got more beer and we decided to switch seats. Sat in more space on the 50m line, yelled loud and laughed about how we had brought Essendon down to our fumbling level, which was just where we wanted them. Getting excited as it appeared the footy gods might be with us as the Dons failed to convert.The bombers fans were acting like like we just broken in and were in the process of carring off their children. No humour, no humility.

Last Quarter comes and we start looking good, we are loud and are the team is on.

We hit the lead jumping about wildly, hugging and hollering. Dons fan are stunned.

We hold the lead, they press, we hold and the MCG is awash with noise of Melbournes hope and excitement.

We win. We sing. We feel really good.

Love the footy

Go the Dees.

• Like 1

The Seaman has been to 90% of the games this yr, & unfortunately family commitments meant I couldn't make this one, although I begged, cheated and stealer to try & get there let me assure you. Weard feeling, I felt like I'd bee shot, when tears of joy came across my face as the siren sounded, my wife couldn't believe me depression, but after 5 mins hearing the boyz singing 'wadda we sing' I was up & bout. Chugged a glass of Johnny Walker green, got my wife to put on the old MFC Jumper ((Drake) sponsored and the rest is KISSTORY......yeah. & I will be there Q'ns b'day. You betcha!)

Was pretty good where i was, went with some canadians who loved it, few people got the chants going ect on the forth tier. Essendon were quite because they iddnt look like winning for most of the night imo. Got loud when garland kicked his first in the last.

I think I was sitting in front of you... We're they the ones that you were explaining everything to near the ramp where Essendon came out?

I would have to say, living in Brisbane I miss footy at the MCG! Much louder, greater atmosphere and I can't wait to get back next Monday for another big win!

It was an Essendon home game and I couldn't hear one of their supporters. In the final quarter I have never heard Melbourne supporters so loud, I had goosebumps. It's incredible what 17,000 Melbourne supporters can do when we're up and about- imagine what we'll be like when everyone gets committed and behind a winning team! Scary good.

• Like 3

I think I was sitting in front of you... We're they the ones that you were explaining everything to near the ramp where Essendon came out?

I would have to say, living in Brisbane I miss footy at the MCG! Much louder, greater atmosphere and I can't wait to get back next Monday for another big win!

dont think it was above the essendon gate, was number 55/56? if that makes sense around the 50M line we kicked to in the last, yeah i did alot of explaining, then one of them started explaining NFL and i tuned the frik out haha, she must have talked for ages before she realised i was preoccupied with the game.

dont think it was above the essendon gate, was number 55/56? if that makes sense around the 50M line we kicked to in the last, yeah i did alot of explaining, then one of them started explaining NFL and i tuned the frik out haha, she must have talked for ages before she realised i was preoccupied with the game.

Nope.. . That wasn't me. There must have been a few American/Canadian visitors!

Was also next to the cheer squad. By myself last night as it was a bit cold for the kiddies. Mrs gave me a night to myself and wouldn't have spent it any other way.

Caught the train from Essendon which was a little daunting but well worth it for the trip back.

Heard (Hird) Bombers supporters near me after Watson's first goal say "here we go!"

Here we go indeed.

Was also next to the cheer squad. By myself last night as it was a bit cold for the kiddies. Mrs gave me a night to myself and wouldn't have spent it any other way.

Caught the train from Essendon which was a little daunting but well worth it for the trip back.

Heard (Hird) Bombers supporters near me after Watson's first goal say "here we go!"

Here we go indeed.

belongs in the Essendlol qoutes thread

Had the first oh-oh when I jumped on the footy special at Newmarket. Normally there's a few Demons fans I share a nod with but I was confronted by a sea of Black and Red wearing folk and a carriage full of eyes looking at me in my red and blue.

Didn't see another Demons fan until I got to the gound, I saw a Tiger, a Kanga and even a Giant before I saw another Dee, I thougt I'd be in for a long night. Found a patch of Dees in the Ponsford right in front of some Essendon folk and settled in. Was shaking like a leaf the last 10 minutes, but what a releif when the siren sounded. None ofg my mates went, other engagements, glad I made it in.

Got off at Newmarket with a restrained "Go Dees" to the carriage full of Bombers (once again I was the only one in Red and Blue)

Oh and got home to realise I didn't set the PVR correctly, oh well at least I won't be scarred by listening to Taylor "commentate" an Essendon game.

Edited by Rich Demon

Guest José Mourinho

Sat on level 2 in front of the Long Room for the first time in a long time.

Atmosphere in general was good, but there was some unintentionally humorous commentary from a few of the old biddies in the crowd.

The closest I've ever come to hearing the stereotypical "Jolly well done number 22!"

There was a lot of "just kick it long!" and "oh, why would you do something so stupid?!"

Didn't hear too much out of the Essendon supporters, but I think they were shell shocked after coming in expecting a huge percentage booster, but much to their chagrin they got the opposite.

In GA with little brother, along with a recent demons convert we all feel a bit sorry for, and my little bro's best mate who's a lifelong pain Essendon supporter. A years-long standing bet between him and me involving a great deal of shame would have finally been lost had we lost the game... but we won... and it stays alive another year. He'd be one of the only dignified Dons supporters around, he was very complimentary of the side, and us for turning up in the context...

It really doesn't get much better than beating Essedon in my circle of footy friends.

• Like 1

I was level 1 on the wing (MCC) and the emotion was phenomenal. Everyone was going crazy (could hardly hear myself screaming) and the joy on people's faces was amazing to see and be a part of - those are the sort of moments you go every week for.

Must say, even the Dons fans sitting around us I was impressed with - had about half a dozen of them either patting me on the back or quietly congratulating me. I felt like there was so much joy and emotion that they couldn't help but feel (in a small way) happy for us.

A night that I will not forget.

Oh and got home to realise I didn't set the PVR correctly, oh well at least I won't be scarred by listening to Taylor "commentate" an Essendon game.

Actually, Taylor got right behind the Dees and, if I recall correctly, was tipping an upset by the end of the first quarter.

• Like 1

At the beginning of the night it seemed like the crowd was 80% Essendon and 20% Melbourne. The level of cheering as the teams ran out seemed to indicate that, anyway. By the end of the night the electricity magnified the sounds of the Demons so it became more like a 50/50 crowd. I'm sure, in fact, that the proportion of 80/20 was correct - but the excitement of the Melbourne supporters combined with the probable disappointment of the Bomber fans meant our 20% sounded equal to their 80%.

• Like 1

Sat level 1 mcc wing, with about 6 mates. Had a few drinks and hooked into an essendon supporter all night after he called watts a private school baby, then proceeding to say Hurley was 100 times better in the first quarter. Needless to say we had a great time bagging him, getting people around us on board and the dees winning. Great night

• Like 1

I went to the game, sat on level 4 on the wing in the MCC. Went along with my borther and his wife and kids(all essendon), my girlfriend came along who was formally Fitzroy supporter and has not followed a team since, but she has come with me to 3 dees games this year, so went to the Demon Shop before the game to get her a dees scarf. My nephew kept on showing us the ladder and the dees at the bottom with no wins, I just sat there quietly until Garland kicked that goal in the last and I lost it, gave a few good fist pumps in the air. When the siren went I just jump up and screamed...9 weeks of frustration gone. Took a photo of the girlfriend with the dees scraf to send to her dad who is also a essendon supporter and we went home and watched the reply on foxtel til 1am.....great night.

• Like 1

I was level 1 on the wing (MCC) and the emotion was phenomenal. Everyone was going crazy (could hardly hear myself screaming) and the joy on people's faces was amazing to see and be a part of - those are the sort of moments you go every week for. Must say, even the Dons fans sitting around us I was impressed with - had about half a dozen of them either patting me on the back or quietly congratulating me. I felt like there was so much joy and emotion that they couldn't help but feel (in a small way) happy for us. A night that I will not forget.

Same with me, Essendon fans while livid were very impressed with the dees

Reminds me of 2010 when we lost to Collingwood by 1 point in Petterd Gate and at the end the Collingwood fans around us wernt even celebrating, they were consoling us dees sitting with out hands in our heads.

Took a few showers that night but was a nice gesture

was sitting mcc level 1 and took a few bomber mates along. they were pretty confident all the way through. at the siren im jumping around like a crazy man. i look down at the two of them and they were deadpan. must admit they were happy for me. i have to congratulate the bomber fans on their response. they took it with grace.