• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jake Stringer

The Great One 99

Read about this bloke today. I know it's a bit early for this talk, but he does sound like a ripper.

I also understand that we will prob be looking for mids, but he might be too good to overlook.

Any thoughts?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/bendigos-jake-stringer-a-budding-afl-star/story-e6frf9io-1226341933066?from=igoogle+gadget+compact+bi_rss

Read about this bloke today. I know it's a bit early for this talk, but he does sound like a ripper.

I also understand that we will prob be looking for mids, but he might be too good to overlook.

Any thoughts?

http://www.heraldsun...+compact+bi_rss

Fair chunk of a lad - already at 91 kays....

Sounds good, but.....I reckon it'll be mids, mids and more mids

I think we should still go for best available, whatever the position. Especially if we have three first round picks, and then early second. If this guy turns out to be a Mathew Pavlich type player, then he is as good as an extra mid anyway. Definately one to keep a close watch on for the rest of the year.

• Like 2

Guest José Mourinho

Been compared to Goddard a lot.

Strong basketball background, explosive athlete.

Horror broken leg last year, and there were concerns, but from the sounds of things he has recovered well.

Was in contention for one of the minidraft picks until breaking his leg.

Guest José Mourinho

Fair chunk of a lad - already at 91 kays....

Sounds good, but.....I reckon it'll be mids, mids and more mids

It'll be best available as much as possible, with a mind to making sure we get a handful of mids.

Nothing to stop Stringer from playing in the midfield though, like a Goddard, Kennedy, Goodes or Pavlich.

Anyone know if Jesse at Geelong is his brother?

I think he is. They're both from SA to my knowledge.

It'll be best available as much as possible, with a mind to making sure we get a handful of mids.

Nothing to stop Stringer from playing in the midfield though, like a Goddard, Kennedy, Goodes or Pavlich.

Anyone know if Jesse at Geelong is his brother?

I think he is. They're both from SA to my knowledge.

I agree, if he can play mid and has the tank.

Guest José Mourinho

Interesting report on the match he kicked 10 goals in on bigfooty:

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=24022827#post24022827

I don't know how many goals he finished with, might have been 10? I gave up keeping track in the last quarter, because quite frankly the Knights defense was embarrassing. It certainly looked like they had given up. Stringer played the whole game at essentially full forward, rarely left the forward fifty. Guessing he is still returning to full fitness, and he did have a noticeable limp. Although to be fair, I don't really know what his gait was like to begin with.

But, he did whatever he wanted today. He marked absolutely everything and was fending every tackler off with ease. His teammates were definitely feeding him the ball, and a few easy goals over the top helped his tally along. His goal kicking wasn't all that flash actually, missed a few easy shots but he did kick a bag anyway. But realistically, he should have kicked another 5 on top of that.

Apart from looking like Paul Duffield in appearance and running style, Stringer reminded me of Matthew Pavlich today. His body work and marking was very Pavlich like up forward.

So good and bad with Stringer.

Obviously, this is just one person's opinion though.

Pick him!

We still require a key big bodied forward. Reminds me of Neitz. Can play Back and forward and is getting a run in the midfield with Bendigo.

Pick 3 - best mid

Pick 4 - best fwd (eg. Stringer)

Pick 13 - best mid or small fwd

2nd rounder - Mr. Jack Viney (Son of a Gun)

Trade for a Jon Griffin or Zac Clarke from Freo (eg. Morton)

• Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

The thing with this draft is that there's a dozen players with his potential.

Good year to have 3 first round picks!

Guest José Mourinho

The thing with this draft is that there's a dozen players with his potential.

Good year to have 3 first round picks!

As I said - ruckman Grundy playing SANFL U/18s reportedly had 49 hitouts, 33 disposals, 10 marks and 5 goals - good year to have 3 x 1st round picks.

Any thoughts?

http://www.heraldsun...+compact+bi_rss

Take the kid to the pub now, get him on the sauce and away we go! Sounds like a good get at 25...

Poor character from where i sit, not the sort of 250 game, 600 goal ready made key position player we want to be considering a low first round pick on.

Guest Dr Who

Take the kid to the pub now, get him on the sauce and away we go! Sounds like a good get at 25...

Poor character from where i sit, not the sort of 250 game, 600 goal ready made key position player we want to be considering a low first round pick on.

Dont forget the "bleeding in the brain" issues or do the Heppell trick - make sure you send him to the MFC club doctor even if we pick up the bills.

Dont forget the "bleeding in the brain" issues or do the Heppell trick - make sure you send him to the MFC club doctor even if we pick up the bills.

What was the Heppell trick Doc?

Was they're some suggestion re his recruitment?

Guest José Mourinho

It was groins. The word from everyone was that his groins were cactus.

But apparently the Essendon doctor was also his doctor in the TAC cup and had a good look at them and knew he'd be fine.

Guest Dr Who

What was the Heppell trick Doc?

Was they're some suggestion re his recruitment?

The funnies thing was Tigers bought it (Heppell had be training with them and on their radar for years) - Tigers use pretty sophisticated tracking software these days- and I'm not saying this did happen but I suggest somebody may have manually over ridden it to get Conca above Heppell for what ever reason.

Oh GC17 bought it too & I'm sure that was who the "injury" deception was aimed at. Think (well might know) Tigers had other concerns.

Edited by Dr Who

I knew that the Lions were initially into Heppell, but were spooked by his groin "problems". I thought the Tigers were keen on Polec, but because the Lions took him amid fears of Heppell's injuries, chose Conca. Never knew they were keen on Heppell.

We can't be too critical of the Tigers though, after all they landed Martin at pick 3 when we had the first 2 picks. Though we may still come out on top depending on us drafting good replacements for the HWMNBN compensation.

Guest Dr Who

I knew that the Lions were initially into Heppell, but were spooked by his groin "problems". I thought the Tigers were keen on Polec, but because the Lions took him amid fears of Heppell's injuries, chose Conca. Never knew they were keen on Heppell.

We can't be too critical of the Tigers though, after all they landed Martin at pick 3 when we had the first 2 picks. Though we may still come out on top depending on us drafting good replacements for the HWMNBN compensation.

To be honest these sound like rumours and are not 100% accurate (hehehehe - sorry I'm laughing for different reasons & not at the rumours as such)

- Polec was always Brisbane bound.

- Tigers were always focused on Heppell or Conca - Bombers new their "real" opposition was GC17 with weight of picks and Tigers.