• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Barry Prendergast

jnrmac

Guest José Mourinho

Mark Stevens should be paying Demonland royalties for his article ideas.

I concur.

This seems to have happened on numerous occasions.

BP is a huge loss to the MFC & I wish him well in his new pivotal role at the Carlton football club.

Good that you managed to work "BP", "huge loss" and "the MFC" into a sentence Dr Who but you're still not quite getting it.

Edited by Range Rover

It's all about perceptions; we're perceived as a weak club with players that aren't prepared to put up when the going gets tough.

Now whether that's true or not it's what the average football supporter sees our club as, in fact a lot of our own supporters have a perception of our club as being soft.

There's the the odd player that we pick up that has a certain element of toughness about him, Natan Carroll springs to mind, but it's not generally mental toughness the type that's required when the chips are down and the result of the game is on the line.

Our bad boys are the type that will sneak out and have a drink during the week, not like say a Robinson from Carlton who'll do anything to win a game, we fall down in that area and quite badly.

And that's all to do with the type of player we recruit; maybe it's all a coincidence or maybe they fall in to line when the come to the club.

The club is beyond perception of weak It is weak!

It is about the type of player recruited and the soft "we dont really need to win' apologist attitude driven by a weak culture over many years that i have witnessed over many years

Interesting reply - somebody might help you. BP had such a "bad" record that a professional football club (Carlton) would head hunt him? (Strange)

Now wait a minute - the very bloke you and others want to continually criticise - that he did such a bad job. Some tell me around here that it was our recruiting thats the problem. We have not had the "ability to recruit well"?

BP record is there for all to see? - (your words not mine)

But Carlton a professional football club thought he did that bad a job they would employ him? The makes no sense to me - unless the people telling me that our recruiting is the problem are wrong?

Oh thats right - you want to claim Carlton are wrong? (hehehehe - I dont think so)

Let me get this straight - you want me to listen to a bunch of Internet heroes over the Carlton football club.

Then when asked what is his role at Carlton? Nobody including the master of the un-written/unsaid could work it out?

I'm sure somebody will be smart enough to work it out - but then again maybe they wont.

Time will tell.

PS Dont bag a bloke you know nothing about - its the height of disrespect.

I for one was very sad to see him go. I will never forget one of Mark Neelds first press conferences when discussing our recuting team he was amazed "at the knowledge and details" our blokes know.

BP is a huge loss to the MFC & I wish him well in his new pivotal role at the Carlton football club.

Your post is as empty and hollow as the phone booth in your avatar. What about you cut to the chase an tell us what this "skill set" is; you keep rabbiting on but as I said you've really got nothing.

His record as a recruiter at Melbourne is very ordinary.

You remind me of another BP defender Grandson of a gun.

Here's a beauty for all you "know-it-all's".

Read this;

http://www.theage.co...1117-17xqp.html

This is a link to Emma Quayle's 2010 Phantom Draft. As a massive % of posters on here juice up every time Emma opens her mouth regarding draft picks, she too would've passed on Darling at our pick. In fact, she didn't even have Darling in her Top 25. Yet, there was a thread on here recently trying to create interest in someone like Emma becomming our head recruiter. did the Eagles pull the wool over her eyes too?

12. MELBOURNE

DYSON HEPPELL

Vital information: 18, from Gippsland Power. 189cm, 80. Clean, creative half-back/onballer who plays with urgency and a long left-foot kick.

The rationale: Too good to leave sitting there. The Dees will consider any tall options that fall to them, but Heppell is a top talent. Put him at half-back and send Jack Grimes into the midfield.

Best-laid plans: If Tom Lynch is there, he'll appeal. So will Jack Darling. Midfield options Shaun Atley and Brodie Smith will tempt them.

Where did she have Lucas Cook? No.23 to the Cats.

Your post is as empty and hollow as the phone booth in your avatar. What about you cut to the chase an tell us what this "skill set" is; you keep rabbiting on but as I said you've really got nothing.

His record as a recruiter at Melbourne is very ordinary.

You remind me of another BP defender Grandson of a gun.

RobbieF - I'd suggest you stop searching for evidence based explanations here. There are none.

In my observation, Dr Who seems consistently to avoid fact based analysis - and he is continually in the habit of qualifying, or ignoring altogether, overwhelming evidence that counters his view of our recent recruiting decisions.

To be fair, recruiting has not been our only problem, but to suggest that it's actually been good, is completely delusional. It literally breaks my heart to see some players that many of us (as rank amateurs) would liked to have seen in the red and blue overlooked by us, then picked by other clubs with lesser picks, and now dominating in those positions.

In terms of some of our recruiting decisions, I feel as though we received this great inheritance, spent it recklessly, and we now have this sickening realisation that we're facing bankruptcy. And we're all saying - how the hell did this happen?!

• Like 4

RobbieF - I'd suggest you stop searching for evidence based explanations here. There are none.

In my observation, Dr Who seems consistently to avoid fact based analysis - and he is continually in the habit of qualifying, or ignoring altogether, overwhelming evidence that counters his view of our recent recruiting decisions.

To be fair, recruiting has not been our only problem, but to suggest that it's actually been good, is completely delusional. It literally breaks my heart to see some players that many of us (as rank amateurs) would liked to have seen in the red and blue overlooked by us, then picked by other clubs with lesser picks, and now dominating in those positions.

In terms of some of our recruiting decisions, I feel as though we received this great inheritance, spent it recklessly, and we now have this sickening realisation that we're facing bankruptcy. And we're all saying - how the hell did this happen?!

After 207 comments on this thread you have nailed it all RB

The above is exactly our situation.

Excellent summary

I need say no more

Thanks MR Moderator - I have no idea WTF you talking about.

It's quite clear you're hangon007 resurrected - no-one else could post so "distinctively"

In my observation, Dr Who seems consistently to avoid fact based analysis - and he is continually in the habit of qualifying, or ignoring altogether, overwhelming evidence that counters his view ...

Guest Dr Who

Carlton didn't employ him for a recruiting role. They picked him for another role that his years of experience in footy is probably well suited to.

This is not correct. But thats ok.

It's quite clear you're hangon007 resurrected - no-one else could post so "distinctively"

Yes!!

I agree, his style has been bugging me because I knew it but didn't quite.

It's HO007 with an unearned sense of arrogance.

Guest Dr Who

To be fair, recruiting has not been our only problem, but to suggest that it's actually been good, is completely delusional.

But Mr Burgundy why would Carlton head-hunt him for such a key-role in the recruiting process in 2012 if they thought he did a bad job?

That just blows your whole argument out of the water! But thts right you know more than the Carton football club. How silly off me.

Guest Dr Who

Good that you managed to work "BP", "huge loss" and "the MFC" into a sentence Dr Who but you're still not quite getting it.

Think you should give Carlton a little call - then we will see who is not getting it. But you want them to detail it on there website - hehehe

PS I will pass the message onto the boys for you - but dont hold your breath - it could be painful

Edited by Dr Who

Guest Dr Who

nah, just a troll who gets his rocks off by annoying others and exercising his ego......er...that sounds like mark stevens....hmmm

btw he is hinting that BP's role is really FA ......big deal

Good to see you have NFI about BP new role - but that never surprised me. PIVOTAL role at Carlton in 2012.

Good to see you have NFI about BP new role - but that never surprised me. PIVOTAL role at Carlton in 2012.

What's he playing in the centre is he? Probably do a better job than some of the players he's recruited for the job at Melbourne.

Guest Dr Who

12. MELBOURNE

DYSON HEPPELL

Vital information: 18, from Gippsland Power. 189cm, 80. Clean, creative half-back/onballer who plays with urgency and a long left-foot kick.

The rationale: Too good to leave sitting there. The Dees will consider any tall options that fall to them, but Heppell is a top talent. Put him at half-back and send Jack Grimes into the midfield.

Best-laid plans: If Tom Lynch is there, he'll appeal. So will Jack Darling. Midfield options Shaun Atley and Brodie Smith will tempt them.

Where did she have Lucas Cook? No.23 to the Cats.

Dyson what club did he end up at? How did he go in the rising star? OMG GC17 must be kicking themselves - How many chances did they have to grab him? Actually as an interesting exercise look at their whole draft - GC17 .

But wait a minute - Is there a pattern? Only time will tell if it becomes obvious to you.

You are too busy bagging the MFC to learn from others.

Edited by Dr Who

Guest Dr Who

What's he playing in the centre is he? Probably do a better job than some of the players he's recruited for the job at Melbourne.

What Chris Judd? Yeah he is a pretty good player - I would have him as an A-grader for sure.

No you are referring to Brock? Was that a good or a bad decision from Carlton? How did Carlton obtain the "services" of Brock?

Maybe there is a weakness there at CFC? - Identification of talent on opposition lists.

Remind me who is the new coach and works closely with the Carlton list & now assists them with opposition list analysis?

Geez I wonder what else he would have a deep knowledge about?

Dont worry somebody will work it out - but then again around here I'm not so sure.

Good Luck

Dyson what club did he end up at? How did he go in the rising star? OMG GC17 must be kicking themselves - How many chances did they have to grab him? Actually as an interesting exercise look at their whole draft - GC17 .

But wait a minute - Is there a pattern? Only time will tell if it becomes obvious to you.

You are too busy bagging the MFC to learn from others.

But wait, there is a pattern here and it's obvious, you are wasting everyone's time, but fortunately not mine any more.

• Like 2

What Chris Judd? Yeah he is a pretty good player - I would have him as an A-grader for sure.

No you are referring to Brock? Was that a good or a bad decision from Carlton? How did Carlton obtain the "services" of Brock?

Maybe there is a weakness there at CFC? - Identification of talent on opposition lists.

Remind me who is the new coach and works closely with the Carlton list & now assists them with opposition list analysis?

Geez I wonder what else he would have a deep knowledge about?

Dont worry somebody will work it out - but then again around here I'm not so sure.

Good Luck

No mention of Chris Judd here, try again.

Good to see you have NFI about BP new role - but that never surprised me. PIVOTAL role at Carlton in 2012

The whole place has been risk averse for 50 years. It's ingrained!

It's why recruiters like Prendergast and Cameron so often preferred the safe option, the long-term prospect with 'upside', the boy with good manners, over the diamond in the rough or the plug-in-and-play type.

IMO they were as much a victim of Melbourne's soft culture as their own failings as recruiters.

Polite, RR, or 'Rather',,, they've been overs for PoliticaL CorrectNess.

Interesting reply - somebody might help you. BP had such a "bad" record that a professional football club (Carlton) would head hunt him? (Strange)

Now wait a minute - the very bloke you and others want to continually criticise - that he did such a bad job. Some tell me around here that it was our recruiting thats the problem. We have not had the "ability to recruit well"?

BP record is there for all to see? - (your words not mine)

But Carlton a professional football club thought he did that bad a job they would employ him? The makes no sense to me - unless the people telling me that our recruiting is the problem are wrong?

Oh thats right - you want to claim Carlton are wrong? (hehehehe - I dont think so)

Let me get this straight - you want me to listen to a bunch of Internet heroes over the Carlton football club.

Then when asked what is his role at Carlton? Nobody including the master of the un-written/unsaid could work it out?

I'm sure somebody will be smart enough to work it out - but then again maybe they wont.

Time will tell.

PS Dont bag a bloke you know nothing about - its the height of disrespect.

I for one was very sad to see him go. I will never forget one of Mark Neelds first press conferences when discussing our recuting team he was amazed "at the knowledge and details" our blokes know.

I agree.

It's not the recruiters faults per se, well not BP's anyway.

But to me, it's been generations of MFC making wrong choices & coming out Losing. This damages the clubs culture over a long time, (losing) & creates a defeatist attitude.

This all started when they lost the plot & sacked Smith, lost Barassi, & the rest is (OUR) History. THIS is where Our Political CorrectNess started, back in the '60's, with those who undermined Smith...

And this is where some started to interphere with the footyclub & turned it into a Losing Place.

It's these Reasons, that has our kids still failing to overcome soft attitudes & poor culture, a Breeding ground for Loss.

Edited by dee-luded

"You're less likely to get a player of real influence with late picks" - what players like Cox, Magner, Boyd, Bartel, Swan etc

First time I've opened this thread and had a quick skim. Why did I bother ?

Btw, Bartel was a top 10 pick, Chuckles.

I agree.

It's not the recruiters faults per se, well not BP's anyway.

But to me, it's been generations of MFC making wrong choices & coming out Losing. This damages the clubs culture over a long time, (losing) & creates a defeatist attitude.

This all started when they lost the plot & sacked Smith, lost Barassi, & the rest is (OUR) History. THIS is where Our Political CorrectNess started, back in the '60's, with those who undermined Smith...

And this is where some started to interphere with the footyclub & turned it into a Losing Place.

It's these Reasons, that has our kids still failing to overcome soft attitudes & poor culture, a Breeding ground for Loss.

So should we shut the doors and retire to the Amos?