Akermanis calls Stynes "A Nasty Man"

Jonesbag

Classic Akermanis. So many words to describe him: self-promoting, ignorant, washed-up, has been, dirt bag, cocky...the list goes on. He'll never be even close to 1/100th of the man Jim was and he knows it.

I don't think he does know it. And there lies the problem. Aker has a very skewed perception Yes, everyone has an ego and is motivated by self-interest at times but some people recognise that in themselves. They keep that instinct in check and work towards a common good most of the time. Aker doesn't appear to get this. Maybe it is why he alienated himself the other players at two different clubs.

What's even worse is that a lot of those dribbling maggots that are leaving comments under the story are actually agreeing with him. Where do these germs come from? What the hell has this world come to?

Come on guys, we all now why he's doing this but let's not be pissweak MFC again. Take some action, get him banned. DO SOMETHING MFC SUPPORTERS!

This isn't Eddie McGuire calling us a weak club (which we did nothing about by the way), this is a troubled attention-[censored] who is speaking ill of a universally revered human being who just died.

Ruining Akermanis would give me cold comfort as the man has ruined himself three times over and only garners relevance through those calling for his irrelevance.

This isn't Eddie McGuire calling us a weak club (which we did nothing about by the way), this is a troubled attention-[censored] who is speaking ill of a universally revered human being who just died.

Ruining Akermanis would give me cold comfort as the man has ruined himself three times over and only garners relevance through those calling for his irrelevance.

Make whatever excuses for apathy you want, I'm taking whatever action I can.

Make whatever excuses for apathy you want, I'm taking whatever action I can.

I'm apathetic?!

You go and destroy the life of a destroyed man - that's a good use of your time.

Jimmy would be proud.

THEY ARE LISTENNING!!! Got a tweet from SEN saying I might Want to listen in to hear the OX tear shreds through him to which I told them no the OX will just be giving him what he wants. Keep msging them they are LISTENNING and we might just get them to change Thier minds!!!

Why would the Herald Sun even publish this tripe?

It just proves that freedom of speech is wasted on some people.

...because people like getting outraged, and it prompts more readers/hits etc.

I'm with RPFC.

If anyone hasn't read the comments they might want to actually see what Aker said:

Akermanis is unlikely to be among mourners after telling breakfast hosts Mark Darin and Caroline Hutchinson that Stynes "was a nasty man in his day. He had a nice turn of phrase and he made sure you knew how he felt".

"What amazes me is yes, he was a legend of the game and did a great job and wonderful things with kids, but you know there are a bunch of people who have done just as much who don't get any recognition. I just think it's a bit out of kilter.

"He got a state funeral - do all football players get a state funeral? There's something about it all that just made me feel uncomfortable. Jim's good but is he that good?''

Honestly, is it really that outrageous?

Aker later said this to the Herald SunL

"Jim was a human being like anybody else full of good things and bad things.''

"I'm not bagging the guy, I'm just saying he was a human being.''

Akermanis said one of Stynes' greatest qualities was his competitiveness.

"When I knew him he was competitive and nasty and brutal. He wanted to win and would do anything to do it.

"That's the quality I admired the most about him.''

Yep - complete [censored]. Sounds like Aker came of second best against Jimma

But the nugget in the $hi$-pile

Akermanis said one of Stynes' greatest qualities was his competitiveness.

"When I knew him he was competitive and nasty and brutal. He wanted to win and would do anything to do it."

How I would love that to be true of every MFC player.

I'm apathetic?!

You go and destroy the life of a destroyed man - that's a good use of your time.

Jimmy would be proud.

You absolute toss. "Jimmy would be proud".. Who do you think you are?!

I'm standing up for a great man and the club I love. You just sit there in your haughtiness and have a lovely day.

I'm standing up for a great man and the club I love. You just sit there in your haughtiness and have a lovely day.

How about you do it the way you see fit, and others be entitled to be outraged in the way they see fit without being labelled apathetic?

How about you do it the way you see fit, and others be entitled to be outraged in the way they see fit without being labelled apathetic?

Yeah, fair enough. Apologies to rpfc, mean no disrespect to anyone, just pretty upset by this.

Yeah, fair enough. Apologies to rpfc, mean no disrespect to anyone, just pretty upset by this.

As you should be, but this is a man who likes a camera or a microphone in front of him.

He will say things just for a rise.

I wouldn't bother giving it to him.

I am more concerned with this:

"As long as they know ... this is not Melbourne where you can just walk in and steal the players. If you do this at Collingwood, good luck."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mcguire-threatens-to-go-feral-if-giants-target-pendlebury-20111116-1ni2m.html#ixzz1poll3UWR