• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

DEATH BY A THOUSAND KICKS

Demonland

At least you in a better place than the fantasy land you claimed to have been in 12 months.

Cheer up

Sorry to be thick RR but I have no idea what that line means.

Can you explain a bit please.

I hope I live that long!

It is now 5 years since it was decided our player stocks were not good enough mollydee.

Any idea what the time frame is?

Hawthorn have a number of top class players we have none; but that's ok we've recruited well and our cream will rise in about ten years time when they put on some weight. I noticed that some are happy to see Cook get a game with Casey firsts; well he'll have some good company there like the majority of our top 20 selections over the last few years.

Hawthorn have a number of top class players we have none; but that's ok we've recruited well and our cream will rise in about ten years time when they put on some weight. I noticed that some are happy to see Cook get a game with Casey firsts; well he'll have some good company there like the majority of our top 20 selections over the last few years.

Hi RobbieF nice to see you on here again.

Just had to re type 2 lines mate as I suddenly got it.

Bit slow tonight I think and not 1 single malt has passed my lips.

Oh Hell perhaps that is the problem.

By the way did you see that bum Darling got a super goal last night.

Gee I am glad we did not draft him

Hi RobbieF nice to see you on here again.

Just had to re type 2 lines mate as I suddenly got it.

Bit slow tonight I think and not 1 single malt has passed my lips.

Oh Hell perhaps that is the problem.

By the way did you see that bum Darling got a super goal last night.

Gee I am glad we did not draft him

16 Disposals 8 Marks 1 Goal 2 Points; hell our entire side only got 38 marks between them. Also got 68 Dream Team points (our top was 66 for Jones) and that was the same as Cheney got for Hawthorn; remember him he couldn't get a game with us.

It just makes you wonder how much damage the previous two coaches did to our club. Have a look at who we got rid of and have a look at where they went and what they did.

Sorry, correction he got 78 Dream Team points.

Edited by RobbieF

24 Hours down the track I still have the same feeling.

We are an ordinary side that no amount of coaching changes or the number of them will change.

On a number of occasions on different threads over summer i stated.

"the team is basically the same cattle as last year"

I was usually told but we have a lot better coach and FD add a better game plan we will be better in 2012.

Well guess what guys we are not better.

One simple fact is screaming at us.

This bunch of players is simply not up to taking us out of the bottom half of the competition.

We may have a dozen or so of good players, but no champions, no game breaker and the rest are very average at best.

We will win a number of games in 2012, my best estimate is 8.

None of them will be against the top sides.

Normally I am fairly optimistic before the start of a new year but on 11 March 2012 I can see nothing but a sad year ahead.

IMO we have at best an average team, we will be distracted for most of 2012 by the Jurrah saga.

I do not believe in curses or bad luck but what else describes the Jurrah situation and the loss of one of our few good recuits for multipule weeks with a broken finger before the season even starts.

There is a long winter ahead

The Storm looks good at this point

I find it hard to argue with any of that except the last line. But then we're Melbourne supporters. We were born to suffer.

As I said earlier, there's a distinct lack of class in the team, and I have a sinking feeling that we didn't maximise the recruitment during two years on the bottom of the ladder.

I could agree with some of the more negative posts here if what we saw last night had been repeated across the whole 3 weeks of the NAB cup, but that's not the case. We were OK up in Brisbane, though hard to judge given the conditions, and did very well, more or less, against Collingwood. But, we weren't able to back that up this week. Not surprising perhaps given the number of young players, and the absence of arguably our 2 best players against the Pies (Petterd and Magner). Learning the game plan and working together is going to take time. Learning to put it together week in week out is going to take even longer. Consistency will be the last brick to fall into place, frustrating as that may prove for many of us - if only we had a few senior players with the quality of Hawthorn's to show the way. Cheney looked better with the Hawks than he ever did at Melbourne - but who wouldn't with a Luke Hodge up the ground whenever you looked up.

But if our worst had to be on display, I'm glad it was at this stage of the season. Now all the new coaches have a clearer idea of what they're working with - and presumably can start to do something about it.

On top of that, we're still underdone. McKenzie's and Trengove's first game of any sort for the season - even Judd was described as being "rusty" in his first hit-out, and Jonathan Brown hardly took us apart when we played Brisbane for his.

I also think a few here are underestimating Hawthorn. Not so much because they aren't a very strong side, but because of where they are this year. They weren't quite able to go all the way last year, and they've been hurt badly. It's clear that that has put a kind of steel in their collective souls this off-season, and they're a team on a mission. They're going to be tough to beat, for everyone.

Finally, I don't know about anyone else around here, but the Jurrah episode has left me feeling as flat as I've been for a while - not just for Liam and the events, but because of the broader context for it all. I cannot believe that Liam's team mates, professional as they are, haven't been touched by it as well. They certainly looked flat.

"Trying" is the word Big Jim.

Who do think are the teams we can beat?

I truely struggle with more than six wins.

Lions 2

GWS 2

GCS 1

Port 1

we are then a chance against the Bulldogs and Richmond if we strike them at the right time

i.e. our injuries down and theirs up.

Beyond those teams I think it is fanciful to imagine we can beat the other sides.

Yeah, that's my take too. People penciling in a certain win over Richmond are dreaming. I think they've streaked ahead of us, which is really painful.

Lions 2

GWS 2

GCS 1

Port 1

we are then a chance against the Bulldogs and Richmond if we strike them at the right time

Beyond those teams I think it is fanciful to imagine we can beat the other sides.

I wouldn't guarantee all those games either Old Dee, I reckon we'll struggle against Brisbane up there, remember they should have beaten us in the NAB game. If we are going to struggle I hope we get it right this year in our recruiting, I'm not sure if we can use them this year or not but it would be advantageous if we can use our compensation picks in this draft, we may have had to signal our intentions prior to the season's start.

Not sure how that works.

I could agree with some of the more negative posts here if what we saw last night had been repeated across the whole 3 weeks of the NAB cup, but that's not the case. We were OK up in Brisbane, though hard to judge given the conditions, and did very well, more or less, against Collingwood. But, we weren't able to back that up this week. Not surprising perhaps given the number of young players, and the absence of arguably our 2 best players against the Pies (Petterd and Magner). Learning the game plan and working together is going to take time. Learning to put it together week in week out is going to take even longer. Consistency will be the last brick to fall into place, frustrating as that may prove for many of us - if only we had a few senior players with the quality of Hawthorn's to show the way. Cheney looked better with the Hawks than he ever did at Melbourne - but who wouldn't with a Luke Hodge up the ground whenever you looked up.

But if our worst had to be on display, I'm glad it was at this stage of the season. Now all the new coaches have a clearer idea of what they're working with - and presumably can start to do something about it.

On top of that, we're still underdone. McKenzie's and Trengove's first game of any sort for the season - even Judd was described as being "rusty" in his first hit-out, and Jonathan Brown hardly took us apart when we played Brisbane for his.

I also think a few here are underestimating Hawthorn. Not so much because they aren't a very strong side, but because of where they are this year. They weren't quite able to go all the way last year, and they've been hurt badly. It's clear that that has put a kind of steel in their collective souls this off-season, and they're a team on a mission. They're going to be tough to beat, for everyone.

Finally, I don't know about anyone else around here, but the Jurrah episode has left me feeling as flat as I've been for a while - not just for Liam and the events, but because of the broader context for it all. I cannot believe that Liam's team mates, professional as they are, haven't been touched by it as well. They certainly looked flat.

You are probably fairly close to the mark Bing and my comments may be negative but I am very tired of being positive when the results consistantly show year in year year out that we are an ordinary side.

Flat describes it and the problem will not go away, Jurrah will be a constant sourse of negative vibe all year.

Just as TS was last year.

• Like 1

Moreso than the people who pencil in a certain loss?

I have them firmly in the maybe camp bing181

But look at the results.

They beat us the last time we played.

They beat the reigning premiers by 9 goals

We got beaten by a semi finialist by 13 goals

They have probably the best young midfielder of the last 5 years.

We have um err Jones.

They have a proven full forward we have umm! I think he has a broken wrist and may well spent most of 2012 away from Melbourne.

The list goes on.

Hell I might change my mind.

• Like 1

Wouldn't a better instruction be to position himself somewhere where he can positively impact on the play?

Dunno Nash, but I do know he would be better doing as the coaches instruct him to do.

And coaches have been using decoys to draw players away for ever.

Is watts doing this? I don't know. Is watts opponent stronger than him in the contest? Many would be at this time. If Watts opponent had the physical advantage on him, maybe he could draw his opponent away from the desired contest. Would watts be quicker than most his opponents, probably. He could sprint to a contest better than most.

Tell me, do you still want Malthouse as Coach? Are you still listening to his media spiel? Are you panicking just yet this Pre season?

After such a bad loss in such an important game I feel we should sack the coach, FD & captains.

They have had plenty of time to correct the problems of the last 5 years. It's time for them to go.

We should also trade in all our picks for the last 5 years for picks in next years draft.

• Like 1

After such a bad loss in such an important game I feel we should sack the coach, FD & captains.

They have had plenty of time to correct the problems of the last 5 years. It's time for them to go.

We should also trade in all our picks for the last 5 years for picks in next years draft.

Sounds fine to me however I would lay off on Neeld till after the game against Port.

Does that seem fair!

Sounds fine to me however I would lay off on Neeld till after the game against Port.

Does that seem fair!

I SUPPOSE we could wait one more week.

24 Hours down the track I still have the same feeling.

We are an ordinary side that no amount of coaching changes or the number of them will change.

On a number of occasions on different threads over summer i stated.

"the team is basically the same cattle as last year"

I was usually told but we have a lot better coach and FD add a better game plan we will be better in 2012.

Well guess what guys we are not better.

One simple fact is screaming at us.

This bunch of players is simply not up to taking us out of the bottom half of the competition.

We may have a dozen or so of good players, but no champions, no game breaker and the rest are very average at best.

We will win a number of games in 2012, my best estimate is 8.

None of them will be against the top sides.

Normally I am fairly optimistic before the start of a new year but on 11 March 2012 I can see nothing but a sad year ahead.

IMO we have at best an average team, we will be distracted for most of 2012 by the Jurrah saga.

I do not believe in curses or bad luck but what else describes the Jurrah situation and the loss of one of our few good recuits for multipule weeks with a broken finger before the season even starts.

There is a long winter ahead

The Storm looks good at this point

Hear you go 'old dee', a modern day Bex formula.

http://www.organicsa...capsules120.jpg & a good Lei down.

But be careful when your getting Up. :blink:

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 1

I think we will be ok, well I hope we will. I guess I've been around and seen too many seasons go down the drain.

At the moment we are looking at the rookie's and a few of the guys playing in different positions plus developing a game plan. For instance I don't think you will see Magner, Couch, Maloney and Bate in the same mids, strong bodies are ok but you need a good mix. You are going to have Benell, Blease and Davey pushing for similar positions. Strauss and Tapscott will be important with their kicking skills. Morton and Gysberts, who knows? ability is not in question but application???? if they come good then we are away.

Also remember that Neeld hasn't coached a game of AFL yet.

If Hawthorn run over us like this in the season proper then I will say we are in trouble as I did with Bailey's first game. In a real game that margin is not acceptable. NAB cup plus the off field issues during the week, if the group is a tight unit, and I hope they are then the Liam thing will effect them.

Anyway rambling on a bit here.

Over

• Like 1

I think we will be ok, well I hope we will. I guess I've been around and seen too many seasons go down the drain.

At the moment we are looking at the rookie's and a few of the guys playing in different positions plus developing a game plan. For instance I don't think you will see Magner, Couch, Maloney and Bate in the same mids, strong bodies are ok but you need a good mix. You are going to have Benell, Blease and Davey pushing for similar positions. Strauss and Tapscott will be important with their kicking skills. Morton and Gysberts, who knows? ability is not in question but application???? if they come good then we are away.

Also remember that Neeld hasn't coached a game of AFL yet.

If Hawthorn run over us like this in the season proper then I will say we are in trouble as I did with Bailey's first game. In a real game that margin is not acceptable. NAB cup plus the off field issues during the week, if the group is a tight unit, and I hope they are then the Liam thing will effect them.

Anyway rambling on a bit here.

Over

I was starting to believe until you got to the fourth line, sixth word.

Can you edit with "You are going to have Blease and Davey pushing for similar positions."

I can live with that.

Carn the Dees

I was starting to believe until you got to the fourth line, sixth word.

Can you edit with "You are going to have Blease and Davey pushing for similar positions."

I can live with that.

Carn the Dees

Ok, well at the mo it looks like they are trying Benell back, small defenders/forwards, running half backs whatever they are similar types. For what it's worth my money is on Blease in either of these roles or as a running mid in the medium long term, he has the run and the skills and now needs the experience at the higher level.

Lions 2

GWS 2

GCS 1

Port 1

FFS Old Dee we get your not impressed with last nights game you've put it across every thread on here, Thank christ the great man Big Jimmy is not this negative!

FFS Old Dee we get your not impressed with last nights game you've put it across every thread on here, Thank christ the great man Big Jimmy is not this negative!

Oh good you got the message.

I just see little quality across the team

Leaving the ranting aside.

How many games are you confident we can win and who will we beat.

I would like to know and I am not trying to take the mickey out of you.

Just interested in your opinion