Inside knowledge

Hip & Shoulder

Good. We should also demand that players with less than 30 games experience play like they have 130 games under their belt. Its only fair.

Its basically the same list as last year with Clark and changes at the edges. Everyone can certainly hope for finals and I think everyone does.

But there is nothing wrong with making an objective assessment of where your side is at. It may give you a broader horizon to understand the good and also the tough times as well.

I felt we did not get much of out of Davey and Green last year. Anything we get from them is a bonus IMO.

Just my thoughts but i can see why you think this. But to me mark neeld will not be happy coming 10th he will want finals this year. And so do i. If you think 10th is were we are at with draw we have this year then in my view we have not even improved from last year with the easy draw we have. Lets start to demand results on the ground. GO DEES

Guest Jackie

I don't buy the argument that making the finals this season is an unrealistic expectation. After all its half the comp if we ignore the upstarts. Scraping into 7th 8th or 9th is more or less par. If we give that little bit extra we can win the two or three games that will give us the edge over other lower sides. Last year we constantly heard the excuse that it was our inexperience that let us down in many winnable games but what ever happened to the spirit of youth that is supposed to give encouraging and uplifting performances? Our young players played like tired old men for the most part.

Edited by Jackie

I said up to 3 games. No need to be pedantic. Cheers.

Lets start to demand results on the ground.

Then peace in the Middle East to round it off. I would not be surprised that Neeld would be unhappy with 10th IF we put in the inconsistency of performances this year.

I don't buy the argument that making the finals this season is an unrealistic expectation.

Good. Because I dont think anyone made it. And the spirit of youth does not always equate to the physical maturity of men......

Pedantic ? No , just pointing out that there's often a fine line between making the finals and just missing out .

All sorts of factors need to be taken into account including injuries , fitness , coaching abilities , etc etc . And sometimes even a last gasp kick from Hassa Mann .

Round 22 , 1987 is another example . The Hawks scored the last 3 goals of their match against the Cats to win narrowly , thus ensuring our passage into the finals .

Cheers !

Edited by Macca

Pedantic ? No , just pointing out that there's often a fine line between making the finals and just missing out .

And more often there isn't.

Since the 8 was introduced in 1994, there have been 12 years where the difference between 8 and 10 on the ladder has been two games or more. I can often recall that the when the 8 had been settled at R22 or earlier for a season, there was a gulf between the top 8 and the bottom 8. 2011 being a good example. There have clearly been outcomes over the past 50 years where a kick has decided a finals berth but it is illusory to use the odd example to justify the difference between 8 and 10 may not be much. Especially when history suggests otherwise. Hence my comment up to 3 goals. Cheers!

A football club, like any organisation, is based on results, the outcomes of its actions.

Criticisms directed at the club come about by very simple observations that have been consistent for years/decades.

Neeld sounds like a real hard nut and I have no reason to not believe him individually, but sounds like more of the same ol' PR fluff to me. Lots of talking and yap-yap-yappin'. Actions speak louder than words.

Cautiously optimistic. Am I aloud to be that here? Or is any criticism considered trolling?

And more often there isn't.

Since the 8 was introduced in 1994, there have been 12 years where the difference between 8 and 10 on the ladder has been two games or more. I can often recall that the when the 8 had been settled at R22 or earlier for a season, there was a gulf between the top 8 and the bottom 8. 2011 being a good example. There have clearly been outcomes over the past 50 years where a kick has decided a finals berth but it is illusory to use the odd example to justify the difference between 8 and 10 may not be much. Especially when history suggests otherwise. Hence my comment up to 3 goals. Cheers!

Fair comment . I'll trust your research .

I look forward to chatting to you when our club makes the finals - this year !

Cheers

Fair comment . I'll trust your research .

I look forward to chatting to you when our club makes the finals - this year !

Cheers

I think Sept is unlikely this year. Hope to see otherwise.

No problem. What I believe objectively on how we will go is different to what I hope. The same applies every season. Here is to Sept football for MFC!

Neeld could be criticised but after last year it would be a very big call!!

Not at all. Neeld has behind him, Neil Craig, a high priced recruit in Clark, an expanded fitness department, (hopefully) settled and supportive Board with a talented playing list that is up 1 year older and at least 20 games. The wind should be in Neeld's sail.

I hope Neeld succeeds with it . However if Neeld's first year produces an outcome and standard of play that is no better and if possible worse (does not necessarily need a 186+ display) than 2011 then he will surely know what it is like to be an AFL coach. And questions will be rightly be asked. People like you have been patient (well most of the time) for a number of years. If they are not seeing that improvement then MFC will not be a happy place.

People will have their expectations up over what has happened in the past six months. I think 2011 will give Neeld less room to hide. Perhaps unreasonably in his first year.

Jokes are not permitted .

This is life and death.

Sorry Sir. I will be more tactful next time...

Even HT used the word G-d here.

This place is going to hell .

Then peace in the Middle East to round it off. I would not be surprised that Neeld would be unhappy with 10th IF we put in the inconsistency of performances this year.

Good. Because I dont think anyone made it. And the spirit of youth does not always equate to the physical maturity of men......

your a funny man but this is my thoughts and thats what counts were im sitting so good luck with 10 th rhino we all love the club the same i just have high hopes cheers

A football club, like any organisation, is based on results, the outcomes of its actions.

Criticisms directed at the club come about by very simple observations that have been consistent for years/decades.

Neeld sounds like a real hard nut and I have no reason to not believe him individually, but sounds like more of the same ol' PR fluff to me. Lots of talking and yap-yap-yappin'. Actions speak louder than words.

Cautiously optimistic. Am I aloud to be that here? Or is any criticism considered trolling?

..not so sure about the PR fluff, there seems to have been a lot of action since Neeld arrived but of course the real action is yet to come, lets see what the results are.

Jumbo ,I can get you the grass it's just the finals that are tough to find .

Edited by Biffen

It was D-g, not G-d and it was taking the pi55 of someone who had used it earlier in the same thread. Biff.

Cool de-la.