Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Ultimate Footy - Norm Smith League

Old Man Rivers

Not long now.

7:30 tonight.

Went a little hard on the amber liquid last night celebrating Silencing The Pies supporters

Head is just starting to clear - Should be back up & firing by 7.30pm

Thumbs up from me also JA for all your efforts this Pre-Season to date.

I am sure its a tough gig at times & you have been all over it & very informative.

Now who to take at Pick 4?

i've been kicked out of the room and when i try to get back in says security error. anyone else having this problem?

System has crashed- stick with it, JA will advise us.

Someone in the room let me know who I picked up this shitty 21st has killed me and the website doesn't update your team until the end of the draft!!!!

Please and thanks!!!

In the same boat here

My idle time just had a horrible horrible thought with auto picks.... $c....

Edited by Deevoted

Thanks for everything JA,although system crashed and I missed some picks,that's life. Look forward to a great season.

Selwood, Bartel, Power and Dangerfield in the guts, Jamar and Hale in the ruck, Pods, Betts, and the Porpoise in the forward line, and Grimes, Batram, Clarke, and Nick Smith/Nicholson/Smedts in the backline.

I am betting on my guys to kick goals, win the ruck and compete in the tackles and marks.

Will it work out for rpfc?

Find out, this year on Ultimate Footy and Demonland.

Selwood, Bartel, Power and Dangerfield in the guts, Jamar and Hale in the ruck, Pods, Betts, and the Porpoise in the forward line, and Grimes, Batram, Clarke, and Nick Smith/Nicholson/Smedts in the backline.

I am betting on my guys to kick goals, win the ruck and compete in the tackles and marks.

some quality there.

Very Nice squad RPFC

Swanny, Sylvia, Sheuy & Jonesy my main mids

Mummy in the Ruck

Mitch Clark my No.1 Forward & Heath Shaw, Burgoyne, Harry taylor & Josh Gibson holding the backline together.

Hoping Team OMR gets away to a flyer.

Edited by Old Man Rivers

Hrm - I missed the start of the draft and made a couple of mistakes before figuring out the ordering for autopicks so missed a couple.

Not too disappointed with the team, though. Certainly not the best.

Indeed, my if we do the keeper league suggestion (is that what's happening) I may be happy with my team in future years!

Esp with Trenners, Watts, Gaff, Sidebottom, Beams, Hibberd, Swallow, Whitecross, Dawes, Curnow, Blease, Saad, de Boer, Prestia, Lynch, Tapscott, Talia and Swift.

Indeed I just named pretty much my whole list. My only old dudes are Jolly, Morris, Malceski, Gram and Renouf (5 out of 24).

Not overly impressed with my picks. Like JA, strategy soon went out the window. With the exception of LeCras, very happy with my forwards - Pavlich, Riewoldt (the Nick variety), Reid (Swans), Howe in particular with the addition of Kreuzer and Matera.

Have an even spread of mids with no big name guns. Mundy being the biggest who gave good service in large patches last year. Picked him up relatively late - but that may have something to do with the fact he hasn't resumed yet; but he isn't far away. My backs are ok, nothing flash.

Ruck could be a weakness. .. hmm.

Open for trades, boys.... LeCras anyone ? :)

Backs: Goddard © Hurley Grundy Hurn ... Schoenmakers R.Shaw Buntine

Centres: Griffen (vc) Kerr Rich D.Swallow Bastinac ... Armitage Conca Polec Atley

Forwards: Waite Jurrah O'Keefe Byrnes ... Callinan

Rucks: Leuenberger ... J.Griffen Sellar

A nicely rounded squad, quality across the park and a smattering of dual position players in Hurley (B/F), Goddard (B/C), O'Keefe (C/F), Rhys Shaw (B/C) and even Sellar (R/F). No Swan or Ablett in midfield but my on-ball rotations bat deep and opposing defences will have their hands full with a Waite - Jurrah forward line combo. Grundy and Hurn to provide the rebounding grunt in defence and very happy to secure one of the comp's elite tap ruckmen in Leuenberger with my second pick, #21 overall.

Precociously talented youngsters D.Swallow, Bastinac, Conca, Polec and Atley should also give Range Rover fans plenty to crow about heading into round 1, with any and all of them possibilities to have break-out seasons.

Open to trading J. Griffen if someone needs a decent ruckman. Averages 30+ hit-outs and 14 possies a game. Dare I say it ... we couldn't believe our luck when he slid to #309. Make me an offer ...

Game on ladies!

Edited by Range Rover

Oh man...

Having the last pick sucks. Don't ever ask for it. That's my advice.

Redden and Mitchell in the midfield, with hanneberry, Gysberts and McKenzie as only solid B graders in my starting lineup... Some issues with durability there. I don't even think Gys will be in our starting 22 at the start of the year.

Backs I get on early, got Van Berlo and Scott Selwood. But then fumbled and bumbled to Farren Ray (born again Fiora) and Guerra... again B graders in my starting lineup.

Forward line is Jack Riewoldt (is he still in one piece?), Leigh Adams (who?), Tyrone Vickery who's a ruckman moreso and Jack Darling as again, more B graders with wobbly A graders.

Ruckmen I failed on miserably... Missed Macintosh who I had earmarked the whole draft. Ended up with Ivan Maric as a starting ruck, and Ayce Cordy as backup... yikes.

Very weak. And to make matters worse I thought Patton wasn't out all year, but now I see he probably is. A good keeper player, but jeez, won't get anything out of him this year... Or for the next three years... Probably will move him on early this year.

VERY poor drafting from last year's grand finalist. Open to trading all and sundry. :)

I am the master of the dual positions

B/C - heppell, mackie, Ibbotson, broadbent and first year mature age Morris

C/F - Chapman, rioli, embley and first year mature age Zorko

B/F - the Chad

I'm hoping it pays dividends in bigger stats for my fwds and backs - my midfield may not be great - Brennan, Moloney, magner, shiel and....... tom scully. Sandi in the ruck needs stay injury free

Oh man...

Having the last pick sucks. Don't ever ask for it. That's my advice.

Redden and Mitchell in the midfield, with hanneberry, Gysberts and McKenzie as only solid B graders in my starting lineup... Some issues with durability there. I don't even think Gys will be in our starting 22 at the start of the year.

Backs I get on early, got Van Berlo and Scott Selwood. But then fumbled and bumbled to Farren Ray (born again Fiora) and Guerra... again B graders in my starting lineup.

Forward line is Jack Riewoldt (is he still in one piece?), Leigh Adams (who?), Tyrone Vickery who's a ruckman moreso and Jack Darling as again, more B graders with wobbly A graders.

Ruckmen I failed on miserably... Missed Macintosh who I had earmarked the whole draft. Ended up with Ivan Maric as a starting ruck, and Ayce Cordy as backup... yikes.

Very weak. And to make matters worse I thought Patton wasn't out all year, but now I see he probably is. A good keeper player, but jeez, won't get anything out of him this year... Or for the next three years... Probably will move him on early this year.

VERY poor drafting from last year's grand finalist. Open to trading all and sundry. :)

Might be able to help you out with Hamish Mac

Make me a decent offer & we can see what unfolds

He had to go somewhere JA, I'm just thinking that on the off chance that he was playing within himself last year - he may be handy at UF this year.