Ultimate Footy - Norm Smith League

Old Man Rivers

Pendlebury is a keeper full stop there is no logical trade other than a players just from my list for example Jobe Watson (who will be a keeper) and some other fodder like josh caddy. i can see no logical reason to rid your list of the best player in the game and the best keeper player in the league!

Pendlebury is a keeper full stop there is no logical trade other than a players just from my list for example Jobe Watson (who will be a keeper) and some other fodder like josh caddy. i can see no logical reason to rid your list of the best player in the game and the best keeper player in the league!

If you look at his list I think you could understand his thinking, he has some decent centers and nothing else. By trading pendles he is aiming to get 2 keepers for 1 and pick up a forward (fodder is useless to him at this stage). If you're bullish about Kennedy (as I am) and think Ebert can keep it up (which I doubt) then the trade is fair enough. I don't agree with it myself, but I think it is not as clear cut as you are suggesting MM. And for what it's worth I can garuantee you their motivations are genuine.

My only criticism of JLH from my point of view is that he has been lazy: If he genuinely wants to trade pendles for the best value available he should do more to shop him around. And he should look further than the guy sitting next to him while watching the footy. But then perhaps the rest of the league should be more proactive in offering trades for pendles.

Edited by JACKATTACK

If you look at his list I think you could understand his thinking, he has some decent centers and nothing else. By trading pendles he is aiming to get 2 keepers for 1 and pick up a forward (fodder is useless to him at this stage). If you're bullish about Kennedy (as I am) and think Ebert can keep it up (which I doubt) then the trade is fair enough. I don't agree with it myself, but I think it is not as clear cut as you are suggesting MM. And for what it's worth I can garuantee you their motivations are genuine.

My only criticism of JLH from my point of view is that he has been lazy: If he genuinely wants to trade pendles for the best value available he should do more to shop him around. And he should look further than the guy sitting next to him while watching the footy. But then perhaps the rest of the league should be more proactive in offering trades for pendles.

Who would think that when a keeper league is in place that the person on the bottom of the ladder would want to trade out the number one player in the league is all I'm confused about haha!

I just think if he wanted to get rid of pendles, putting up a league note would get him a much better trade, even a murphy or something as you suggested is the top keeper player at the moment.

It is an issue. I don't know how to resolve it but 3 good friends will always create drama. You've traded an A+++ player for an injured A/B+, a decent mid and 3 poor footballers. Each to their own

The dust is starting to settle.after the intial shock of wft is going on here? Its a bump in the road we can work through.

Cant blame WCN for trying :) Its unfair if friends / family feel guilty doing trades with each other ,they shouldnt need to feel that way.

Probably IF Pendlebury had been put out there for everyone,then it wouldnt have blown up. And looked bad as it did.

Regardless of who is/ was involved to everyone? but the 2 involved, it was an unreasonable trade.If that trade was reversed it would have gone through,is my bet. Perhaps if a lock player is on the table, its made known to everyone, to make offers,and its up to the owner to decide who has the best offer,then friends / family wont come into it. It still can be veteod if it doesnt look above board. I hate to think because being friends or family is going to make someone feel guilty trading between themselves.

As I said to WCN earlier tonight, it's all about communication... The Ryder/Grey incident from last year was a one-off, and it got us all through the teething period when it comes to major trades. These two guys are new to this system, and don't realise that usually trades are discussed on here before they go through, allowing some transparency. Had JLH gotten on here and explained why he's pleased with the trade, then that removes a lot of the doubt... had they played last year they might have known.

So as I say, I reckon if they jump on, and they probably will, and offer the explanation they did to me, this problem will have been dealt with.

One other thing though, now that keepers are included, and teams are now seeing that they're done for the year, these kind of trades will continue to happen at greater frequency. Speaking of which... Anyone interested in Mitchell? :)

I thought the 'keeper league' idea left us open to deals like this...

Those that want to do something this season will give a keeper for two or three borderline keepers to compete for that season, etc.

It's a tough one, but you reap what you sow...

I thought the 'keeper league' idea left us open to deals like this...

Those that want to do something this season will give a keeper for two or three borderline keepers to compete for that season, etc.

It's a tough one, but you reap what you sow...

Deals like this were always likely, the question is; Does the keeper league, including trades like this, add to or detract from the enjoyment of the game?

Personally I like it for a few reasons:

1. Injured players retain value. Murphy has no value for this year.

2. Promotes trading.

3. Keeps mugs like me interested because it is in my interest to position my team well for next year by upgrading my keepers.

On the flip side it does place those who are prepared to trade aggresively at an advantage over those who perhaps are not so much. Which essentially means more work is required to get yourself a win. Also it creates a situation where some teams are just completely uncompetative, but then generally speaking only uncompetative teams will choose to trade away their players as I tried to.

I think as a rcourtesy in the future; if you're out to trade yourself into a good keeper position then you should make public your intention to do so. That way you guarantee yourself the best trade and you give every other team the opportunity to make better offers.

one good keeper doesnt make a team, if the out put of kennedy and ebert is more then pendlebury and some fill in player he had up forward, why not improve your team? i did a lop sided trade when i traded bellchambers for conca, joe blow could see he was going to be number 1 ruck at essendon when hille went down and always get alot of hitouts and scores heavily on uf. bellchambers is a far superior uf player then conca but the out put i got from playing nicnat stef martin and bellchambers wasn't as good as putting conca as utility, i just backed stef into stepping up, bad move. i think it was quite a smart trade and was looking at doing similar things in a couple of weeks if my losing streak continues, maybe we need some base morales on when to start trading for keeper league, cos i did weeks ago with accepting conca over fisher i think it was.

So some already have two eyes on next year already with the Keeper league ?

Geez, I might have to get with the program too. I still think I can get back into the mix this year. Any interest in my players ? Send 'em through.

Caddy, Danylel pearce, Clinton jones, Jay Schulz and Ryan crowley are all looking for more opportunities at another club!

Edited by Mad_Melbourne

1 free, 3 handballs, 3 tackles......... Aaaaaaaaggggghhhh...... Bloody Ufooty - well played RPFC

Need to gather my boys for a "love in" - we need to clear some air and get back on the winners list

Caddy, Danylel pearce, Clinton jones, Jay Schulz and Ryan crowley are all looking for more opportunities at another club!

Back to Back victories, lead by the most unlikely Ruck Combo of Mike Pyke & Billy Longer (60 Hit Outs between them again if you dont mind)

Big Mummy might struggle to get straight back in when fit.

Jay Schultz interests me MM.

Check out my list

Well done to all winners in round 9, especially our new Ladder Leader.

Stevie J is propelling your squad rapidly towards the Ultimate glory

Back to Back victories, lead by the most unlikely Ruck Combo of Mike Pyke & Billy Longer

My ruck combo of Orren Stephenson and Kosi have done me well this week, bit of an odd couple there!

Pyke and longer too good pickups I shouldn't have delisted longer :|

I have a good group of players, but they never seem to be able to be 'good' on the same weekend!

I struggle to trade because all my players seduce me with their 1 great game in 3 and I hope they will string a few together...

I guess that is the life of being a coach...

Anyway, Polkinghorne, the Porpoise, and Batram can be got on the cheap.

And I will listen to anyone willing to push me up the ladder in a super deal for one of my guns...

Actually any interest in Blake? I'm looking for a defender that offers tackles... Thinking Broughton or something like that?

Blake for Waters......ah no thanks robbo24...

Oh and OMR, I considered your offer of Colin Sylvia for Luke Shuey for all of a millisecond ! No deal.

One is ranked no.4 the other no. 468 or some infinite number. I'll let others be the guess of who is who.

:)

Edited by H_T

Even being away for the last 5 weeks in Asia, I am still on top of the league and 10 in front in the tipping comp.I am sprouting now, as I expect to be thumped this week by another mod, the Wrecker, they just hate me these mods.Want to destroy an old soul like me.Another point fellow coaches, we need to take stock before next year and make sure we agree with all the rules and sundry before we move ahead. JA has done an outstanding job IMO, however sets of broths along with very close friends offering pathetic and underhanded trades needs investigating before we move head.This is a great game, but needs to have scrutiny in place.Maybe we need a league committee, with say, RFPC and Lower Deck ( HT ) as panel members. Take care all- and take joy of the whipping I get this week , because it will be the last.I will not give your look in after the break.

I like the idea of a league commissioner who has the ability to reject trades if they are unreasonable. I know UF has this feature.

Anyway welcome back JCB. You have quite a team going there. I'm glad your back to stuff it up :)