• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Ultimate Footy - Norm Smith League

Old Man Rivers

Nice trade there with Deevoted.

ZacClark/Firrito for RO'Keefe/Grundy.

I've been posting cricket scores in recent weeks yet falling short at hit-outs, handballs and marks. It's been costing me games. DV gets a much needed injection of class into his forward line.

The Rovers are a on a slow burn. If we can lumber to the halfway mark at 5-6/6-5, with Jurrah, Leuenberger and Hurley to return I'm backing the side to make the eight.

This fantasy footy format is far more challenging and enjoyable than Supercoach or Dreamteam.

Maybe. But when your team scores 2.8, 2.4, and 5.8 in consecutive weeks you've got to look at your cattle and think, shall I stay stagnant or do I want to be in the game ?

Winner is Dappa Dan by a short half head is my call.

I reckon if Vickery finally comes out of his shell and kicks 2-3 a game occassionally, then he wins, basically trading in a higher amount of hitouts for a player that kicks bags when he's on.

I reckon it's fifty-fifty and really comes down to how Vickery goes vs if Krooz has an injury and what they plan to do with Warnock.

I reckon if Vickery finally comes out of his shell and kicks 2-3 a game occassionally, then he wins, basically trading in a higher amount of hitouts for a player that kicks bags when he's on.

I reckon it's fifty-fifty and really comes down to how Vickery goes vs if Krooz has an injury and what they plan to do with Warnock.

My Radar on Trade's this year has been a little off target, so you are probably correct.DD

In Response to HT & RR's call for a relegation / promotion thread.

Jack Attack - Please confirm which way we are approaching the 2013 season?

Both Keeper & R/P concepts have there merits.

My concern is wasn't this already decided? eg: Keeper x 4 Players

To date I have based all my trading strategies on the Keeper concept - if this is likely to not be the case we need to know ASAP

I think the keeper method was already in place from memory. I was just expressing my preference in relation to RR's thread.

Happy to go with proceedings. Just thought it would be exciting for both Norm Smith and RF participants.

Just so everyone knows, the idea of promotion/relegation vs keeper was proposed before this season started.

I think whichever one we'd have gone with, the grass was always going to be greener.

Personally I like both ideas, but if there's a preference, I go for keeper league all the way. Based in no small part on the fact that the promotion/relegation system would be harder to maintain with people dropping out. And the fact that I think there's basically nothing not to like about keeper players. They've only added to the fun.

As things stand, I am in favour of the keeper idea, I have been taking that into part of my planning for next year,and if I were to suffer a LTI to a gun player I was prepared to hang on to him. I can see some merit for promotion / relegation,but if would be a logistics nightmare keeping it fair to all.

If 2 leagues remain, and I dont think one is better than the other,they should be treated as equal.

Promoting is going to have an adverse effect of some paybacks and banter/rivally that can be built during the year

But perhaps we have a playoff between the 2 top finals teams at the end of the season,decided by who performs the best,Done by simply comparing scores from the GF at seasons end. No need to worry about same players whoever gets the better score has bragging rights, also their league deemed to be the best. If scores in the GF are equal from the 2 different league GF teams ,then it falls back to % to deem a winner.

Nice and easy no fuss,easy to manage,.......... Just my view. :)

How about we stick with the 'keeper' concept (agree that we can't change ships mid-paddle) but ALSO start up this Demonland Champions League idea?

I think a DCL will be a great way to reward the top teams each across the different leagues each season.

At the end of the 2012 season ... the top 9 teams from RF and NS would gain entry into the DCL, which would run concurrently with the NS and RF leagues. Imagine winning your league title AND vying for the DCL title! Much like the great clubs of European soccer vie for multiple cups each season.

Ideally, we'd like to see the introduction of a 3rd UF league (Ron Barassi League) in 2013. That way, by the end of 2013 the top 6 (instead of top 9) from each of the 3 leagues would form the concurrently running DCL and really add to the prestige of qualifying for it.

* The DCL would be very easy to set up and organize. Very little hassle.

Edited by Range Rover
  • Like 1

Attn: OMR

I've stuffed up here re the Davey-Byrnes trade. I've only just realized Davey is a C and not an F as I had assumed.

Sorry it was very late and I didn't notice. Any chance we could rescind this OMR? It really stuffs my list balance.

RR

Yeah RR, I have no problem with the DCL... Would it be run out of demonland? I mean that will one person put the schedule together, and put up the numbers, winners and losers?

Not alot of interaction going on in the UF - Norm Smith Leauge in 2012?

This Post never sliped to page 4 in 2011. Step it up lads.

Deevoted - Thanks for the detailed response on my Trade Offer to you this week.

More than happy to revisit this possible exchange when you are ready.

I genuienly think both sides structure's would benefiet greatly,& as mentioned in my offer both boy's are guns.

Good Luck to all sides this week. Except you of course SnomeD

Edited by Old Man Rivers

i've been smashed the last three weeks, players just not performing, well done wreckers, you've built a nice team there there, if you could get some more goals up front you'd be top 4 for sure. well time to start looking at next week.

After some painful close loses Finally manage to tough out a victory against SnomeD.

Two big pats on the back for my new Ruckmen Billy Longer & Mike Pyke.

Now the ice is broken, the belief is back

I have decided to send Dane Swan of to Arizona for the next month to freshen up.

Big win over deevoted, with the season getting into the business end the ladder is still pretty congested!

My ruck stocks took another beating with Stanley going down, but hopefully the big o can get up and play again this week!

Selection dilemma for me though with players on my bench performing too well, Schulz 7 goals, Pearce 30 touches, Stanley 27 touches, josh caddy 27 touches! Keeping the players in my team honest!

Big win over deevoted, with the season getting into the business end the ladder is still pretty congested!

My ruck stocks took another beating with Stanley going down, but hopefully the big o can get up and play again this week!

Selection dilemma for me though with players on my bench performing too well, Schulz 7 goals, Pearce 30 touches, Stanley 27 touches, josh caddy 27 touches! Keeping the players in my team honest!

A Good Win MM. Not many could have matched that effort by your boys. I couldnt believe the amount of possessions they all had.

Now for Dappa, I am on the rebound. After we have a few quiet ones to get the fluid levels back up.

Dangermouse saved my team...

How do you have Bird as a sub? Crazy stuff Longmire!

Incredible player. Star of the uf world. 2 kicks and 1 mark... ouch.

A Good Win MM. Not many could have matched that effort by your boys. I couldnt believe the amount of possessions they all had.

Now for Dappa, I am on the rebound. After we have a few quiet ones to get the fluid levels back up.

Game on. :)

Yeh my stats this week were incredible, pretty impossible to back that up again! Especially considering Rhys Stanley only had 1 kick, but I wish my team would kick straight! I got the free kicks for the first time this season I think aswell, so I just had a lucky week!

Game on. :)

Game on huh?? How would you like a sneak preview on how a pro UF team trains? Might help you with team structures and game plans.

We have a closed session ,but for you, a once off only , ...a personal invite. We train Weds and Fri nights only, you have to get up real early too. (any time after 1pm)

We train Wed, to allow for a looooong recovery & Fridays cause they have a very short memory span, Last year I learnt come Sat or Sun they had forgotten anything learned.Training begins after 7pm until closing time,

PS Its the norm this year to play the team song pre match, but I will forgo this, would you prefer we play you hear the last post, or the funeral march.

Just so you cant say I wasnt thinking of your feelings :)

Game on huh?? How would you like a sneak preview on how a pro UF team trains? Might help you with team structures and game plans.

We have a closed session ,but for you, a once off only , ...a personal invite. We train Weds and Fri nights only, you have to get up real early too. (any time after 1pm)

We train Wed, to allow for a looooong recovery & Fridays cause they have a very short memory span, Last year I learnt come Sat or Sun they had forgotten anything learned.Training begins after 7pm until closing time,

PS Its the norm this year to play the team song pre match, but I will forgo this, would you prefer we play you hear the last post, or the funeral march.

Just so you cant say I wasnt thinking of your feelings :)

I'm in contract talks with a 300 pound woman who was shortlisted for "the voice." She'll be performing this week before our game in honour of my chances. Come Sunday night, it'll be a fire sale in dappaland... My whole list for four bordeline keepers for next year.

So wait what is the relationship between jack attack, wattscookn and jackliveshere? A few suspect trades!

With jack attack throwing away his whole season with that last trade!

Edited by Mad_Melbourne

So wait what is the relationship between jack attack, wattscookn and jackliveshere? A few suspect trades!

With jack attack throwing away his whole season with that last trade!

I'm thinking long term, and therefore it's a mutually beneficial trade. My team is shite and Murphy is the premier keeper target being both injured and a top 3 player in the league.

As I said when they joined; I know them cos I go to the footy with them (and Dappa) they have wanted to join since I told them about it last year. I can guarantee my trade with WCN is genuine (after 3 days of back and forth). I can't guarantee the JLH trade is genuine because I only found out about it this morning. Knowing JLH as I do I am equally confident it wasn't dodgy as I am surprised he would agree to it.

I reckon the JA one is ok, He's bottling out this year, and what he gave up were annoyingly patchy players who play in good teams, liked Walker who can benefit a team this year but aren't anywhere near being a keeper. This kind of trade was always going to happen.

But the other one, I'm not surprised it was vetoed. I can't see how it helps JLH. He's not looking good this year, has dropped a lot of games, so why trade away a top-4 player for a KP forward who's only just a keeper, a medium range midfielder who's stats are way higher than they should be, and a backup ruck? Not sure how that one works out.... but as usual, both those guys can make their case and try the trade again. As per usual.