What number to put on my jumper? What do you have?

That's a Stretch

Wear it with pride people!! I love nothing more then seeing the older supporters with the old merchindice on I like the old stuff better then the new stuff! I must admit tho even at my ripe old age of 27 I kinda would feel weird running into trenners while wearing he's number haha

My mates and I have a rule: Once you are older than the eldest player on the field, no football jumpers to be worn and especially one with a number.

I wear the Melbourne Jacket that the coaches wear.

I'm 31(How old's Greeny)? and also wear the jacket but I wore the jumper in the designated 'Wear you jumper day'instigated by Jimmy.

Wear it with pride people!! I love nothing more then seeing the older supporters with the old merchindice on I like the old stuff better then the new stuff! I must admit tho even at my ripe old age of 27 I kinda would feel weird running into trenners while wearing he's number haha

Yokozuna has it correct.

I wear MFC gear but jumpers on old guys look stupid.

I do agree though I like a lot of the older gear more than some of the later stuff.

Must be bright red and Blue.

No Maroons or pinks thank you

My mates and I have a rule: Once you are older than the eldest player on the field, no football jumpers to be worn and especially one with a number.

Only Brad Green stands between me and ignoring this rule.

Whatever you do don't get a young player with a high number due to the obsession with changing their numbers. Where will the next Shaun Rehn 50's and proud player come from?

I too got the #16 on the back of my new guernsey last season, the week prior to Grimes being injured against the Crows.

I'm a big fan of Jack and the way he plays.

I'm surprised we don't see more #16's around.

My son has the #6 after we met Bater at the Intra-Club match in 2010. He gave my son a high 5 and he's loved Bater ever since. It was hard to advise him that Bater wasn't playing most of last season cos he was 'sick'... Hoping that both Grimes and Bater have much more sucessful seasons ahead.

Gippy

• Like 1

Bought my one and only jumper during the "Merger" nonsense fearing the worst. I'm now a senior citizen( member for 39 consecutive years ) but the "Tooheys" comes out of mothballs on "Jumper Day" as requested by Jimmy. Sure i feel a bit self concious but i also feel entitled !

Sometimes I think that this is whats wrong with many of our supporters .

Far too conservative.

I love seeing our jumper being worn with pride no matter whos wearing it .

• Like 1

Far too conservative.

Absolutely correct.

If I haven't got my jumper on I'll have my footy nicks on.

Loud and proud.

i have an old navy blue vfl training jumper with drake across the front. was pinched from the junction oval dressing rooms back in the 80's. number 35 on th eback

I have the old long sleeve navy blue one with Drake also. Mine has No. 8 (Graeme Yeates).

I have No. 2 (Jonesy) on my 2011 guernsey and No. 9 (Neita) on my one before that. Still thinking about getting 13 on my old LG long sleeved guernsey, just for the memory.

Funny how you rarely see the old long sleeve worn by players any more. My old long sleeve LG jumper had 33 on it, and from memory, the Wizard wore the sleeves quite a bit!

Far too conservative.

I am not being conservative, just something I believe in.

And to say "that is the problem with our supporters", what a load of rubbish. My mates I am talking about dont even support melbourne, so i guess you can call all teams supporters conservative.

I am all for people wearing jumpers, just thought I would add my opinion.

The fact I am a member, go to the football and wear our colours should be good enough!

• Like 1

I am not being conservative, just something I believe in.

And to say "that is the problem with our supporters", what a load of rubbish. My mates I am talking about dont even support melbourne, so i guess you can call all teams supporters conservative.

I am all for people wearing jumpers, just thought I would add my opinion.

The fact I am a member, go to the football and wear our colours should be good enough!

It is enough and you have my vote!

Funny how you rarely see the old long sleeve worn by players any more. My old long sleeve LG jumper had 33 on it, and from memory, the Wizard wore the sleeves quite a bit!

He and Yze both! I wonder what happened to the long sleeve? Climate change?

I forgot to say my first number was 26 for Luke Williams. And I think I was the only one at the time.

:)

Remember when Yze wore the 3/4 length sleeves? I was right into that but then the AFL banned it. Shame.

Yet it's all the rage in the international rules series.........

I'm sure you'd get away with it, if you had a bit of strategic taping