Altitude training in China?

angrydee

It is so obvious that Caroline Wilson is loathed to give any credit to Cameron Schwab at all, in the same vein as KB who will not even utter his name or even acknowledge him. It is very poor form, and for a chief sports writer i almost consider it a conflict of interest. If Caro has issues with Cameron, fine. Just give the story to another journalist Caro and keep quiet. CS is doing a top job, and you know it.

Caroline Wilson is simply reporting the news and is therefore under no obligation to start singing Cam's praises. The article reports the facts and reflects cam in neither a good nor a bad light and in fact, if anything, indicates that the whole success of this arrangement will be down to Cam's and the club's groundwork over the past year or so.

It is so obvious that Caroline Wilson is loathed to give any credit to Cameron Schwab at all, in the same vein as KB who will not even utter his name or even acknowledge him. It is very poor form, and for a chief sports writer i almost consider it a conflict of interest. If Caro has issues with Cameron, fine. Just give the story to another journalist Caro and keep quiet. CS is doing a top job, and you know it.

Gee haven't things changed A few months ago everyone wanted CS's head on a platter. He was the master mind of debt demolition and Jim was the front man (a very sucessful innovation). His only fault was he tried to influence the footy dept but now is committed to the financial well being of the whole footy club.

Caroline Wilson is simply reporting the news and is therefore under no obligation to start singing Cam's praises. The article reports the facts and reflects cam in neither a good nor a bad light and in fact, if anything, indicates that the whole success of this arrangement will be down to Cam's and the club's groundwork over the past year or so.

That would be fair if she used that approach to all her articles involving CS.

She has been a little more unrestrained in her reporting of the "facts" in the past.

I must disagree here. Caro has "quietly" put the boot into cameron for years. At Geelong last year she was leading the pack. Caro is a quality journalist but her Schwab slant is far too obvious. What relevance was mentioning $cully in the same article as the China Trip last week? There was no need at all apart from smug bitterness. That is not reporting news.

When has CS quoted $1.5m for the FoJ? Still is less than the >$1.9m that people are expecting.

Where has he been quoted wanting the $1.3m or less that you think is more reasonable?

No-one knows what he values the FoJ sponsorship at but I dare say, from the delay in signing up a sponsor, CS values it much higher than the former deal with Hankook.

Much higher.

I must disagree here. Caro has "quietly" put the boot into cameron for years. At Geelong last year she was leading the pack. Caro is a quality journalist but her Schwab slant is far too obvious. What relevance was mentioning $cully in the same article as the China Trip last week? There was no need at all apart from smug bitterness. That is not reporting news.

I see your point... but isn't that pretty much par for the course these days... a discussion of Melbourne will always turn into a discussion of the Son of Phildamort (Tom Riddle-me-this)? Look no further than these very forums.

Well done CS. A Man who is always looking at the bigger picture. Tom $cully did not comehome because of alchohol consumption. He came home to sign a contract.

China could be a Massive get for the Demons. Our name is what it is.

He didn't like the beer swilling.

But I hear he came home 'cause his dad was taking the family out to McDonalds. LoL... oh, pardon the unintended Pun.

Have to say i have always thought this to she is always laying the boots into cs. I wonder what her problem is? The club is really working hard to bring home that 13th flag and doing some great work. Im sure that mark neeld will be the next melbourne coach to bring home the flag we all want so much. And i will be off work for 2 months the day it happens. Was also good to hear jims brain op has gone well. Goodluck jim you are melbourne and we all love you

I see your point... but isn't that pretty much par for the course these days... a discussion of Melbourne will always turn into a discussion of the Son of Phildamort (Tom Riddle-me-this)? Look no further than these very forums.

There is room for many more $cully articles, i will read them with interest, but this was not one of them. If we pull of a major sponsor here it could dwarf other AFL deals. That is the story. Caro because of her Richmond connections will give CS no praise. Bu he is still there.

Where has he been quoted wanting the $1.3m or less that you think is more reasonable?

No-one knows what he values the FoJ sponsorship at but I dare say, from the delay in signing up a sponsor, CS values it much higher than the former deal with Hankook.

Much higher.

Oh dear RPFC, bad post. I just simply asked you where you read/heard that CS thinks that we need $1.5m+ for FoJ.

So, in answer to your question to me - not once have i said that CS thinks that it's worth the amounts I've said. My figures of the $1.3m per year have never been in relation to quoting someone, and it has always been of my own opinion. I may be right, I may be wrong, if I were in the inner sanctum of the Club, I'd have more of an idea.

I have always been of the opinion tha tif we can get between $1.3m - $1.5m, I think we have done very well, especially when combined with EW. Anything above $1.5m is ultra-impressive in my view (obviosuly not others). But that's why I have faith in CS getting the best outcome for the MFC.

Now, you can apologise anytime you like RPFC, let's see if you have it in ya!

Oh dear RPFC, bad post. I just simply asked you where you read/heard that CS thinks that we need $1.5m+ for FoJ. So, in answer to your question to me - not once have i said that CS thinks that it's worth the amounts I've said. My figures of the $1.3m per year have never been in relation to quoting someone, and it has always been of my own opinion. I may be right, I may be wrong, if I were in the inner sanctum of the Club, I'd have more of an idea. I have always been of the opinion tha tif we can get between $1.3m - $1.5m, I think we have done very well, especially when combined with EW. Anything above $1.5m is ultra-impressive in my view (obviosuly not others). But that's why I have faith in CS getting the best outcome for the MFC. Now, you can apologise anytime you like RPFC, let's see if you have it in ya!

Apologise for what?

You have previously said that $1.3m is a reasonable return for the FoJ. This is an unsubstantiated number that may or may not be true.

I have proferred my own unsubstantiated number that may or may not be true. I have based the higher number on the inability to sign someone - hinting at the reason being we are chasing more $$.

Some on here have a different view on the market value of the FoJ sponsor.

Hardly reason for you to proselytise every time someone mentions the fact that we need to get our other major sponsor to pony up the big bucks that EW has.

As you say, we may have to settle for an entree instead of a main, but the sooner we eat on the grownups table the better...

Apologise for what? ...

I think he is referring to this

Cameron rightly thinks that we need to get $1.5m+ for the FoJ to compete and he is right.

then this

No-one knows what he values the FoJ sponsorship at .......

the only apology you owe is for your first statement where you wrongly attribute your personal opinion to that of CS's.

• Like 1

Meanwhile back to the Altitude training .......... This club continues to search and think outside the box.

The Sqawkers might like Kokoda for its trekking ....maybe we can do Base -Camp ????....that would set the bar rather high :)

I know nothing of the actual facilities or the altitude, but if the Chinese Olympic teams are training there one would presume than no expense has been spared, and particularly if we were to gain a local sponsor could prove less expensive as well as compared with the US facilities.

And just a logistics matter - those of us who have done it know the transpacific flights really knock the stuffing out for up to a few days each end, which can't be good for maintaining full fitness and alertness. On the other hand, traveling via KL (8.5 hrs) to Kunming - only a further 3.5 hours - and a time zone change of only about 5 hours can only compare favourably with Arizona or Colorado provided as I said the facilities are right.

Sounds exciting.

PS: 1,900 metres above sea level cf Denver 1,500-1,700

kosci is 2,228m.......seriously, just go up there and run around. surely theres no point going if the altitude is 1900........ so either your figures are incorrect, or the club should just be going to thredbo.

edit: your figures are correct, kunming is at 1850odd....... mfc go run up to the plateau from thredbo a few times.

Edited by Benno

I think he is referring to this

then this

the only apology you owe is for your first statement where you wrongly attribute your personal opinion to that of CS's.

While I am not certain that is exactly what Billy would like me to apologise for it was a terribly structured, contradictory post. I have fixed it.

My main point is that the dithering in finding a sponsor I believe is due to the fact that are expectations in terms of dollar value are much higher than the Hankook deal and near to parity of the EW deal.

I cannot confirm that is the case but I will endeavour to do so.

It was lazy journalism and I apologise.

While I am not certain that is exactly what Billy would like me to apologise for it was a terribly structured, contradictory post. I have fixed it.

My main point is that the dithering in finding a sponsor I believe is due to the fact that are expectations in terms of dollar value are much higher than the Hankook deal and near to parity of the EW deal.

I cannot confirm that is the case but I will endeavour to do so.

It was lazy journalism and I apologise.

Basically, and as DC pointed out to you, that in one post you said that Cam thinks the FoJ sponsorship is worth "x" figure, then you turn around and say you have no idea what he thinks it's worth?

Then when I asked where you heard this (the original thoughts of CS), you came out swinging asking where I had heard CS quote the figures that I have been talking about, when I have quite clearly NEVER said that CS thinks it's worth that, and in actual fact, I have said on a number of occasions that he will get the best deal that he can (indicating that he is likely to get more than what I estimate).

RPFC, you don't have to rape every post that is published, and if someone questions your posts (in regards to saying something in one post then retracting in another when challenged), just accept it.

Basically, and as DC pointed out to you, that in one post you said that Cam thinks the FoJ sponsorship is worth "x" figure, then you turn around and say you have no idea what he thinks it's worth?

Then when I asked where you heard this (the original thoughts of CS), you came out swinging asking where I had heard CS quote the figures that I have been talking about, when I have quite clearly NEVER said that CS thinks it's worth that, and in actual fact, I have said on a number of occasions that he will get the best deal that he can (indicating that he is likely to get more than what I estimate).

RPFC, you don't have to rape every post that is published, and if someone questions your posts (in regards to saying something in one post then retracting in another when challenged), just accept it.

Well we are criticising each other for the same thing then...

We both have numbers that we don't know are correct.

I was lazy with my wording.

Easy on the rape references, Billy.

I heard that High Altitude training for 2 weeks is only beneficial if you can have a room built which gives gives you the similar atmosphere for when you get back home.

Otherwise you ned to spend at least 6 weeks in High Altitude to gain full benefit.

Apparently the Filth have such a room at "Wespac"

Has anyone heard differently?

I heard that High Altitude training for 2 weeks is only beneficial if you can have a room built which gives gives you the similar atmosphere for when you get back home.

Otherwise you ned to spend at least 6 weeks in High Altitude to gain full benefit.

Apparently the Filth have such a room at "Wespac"

Has anyone heard differently?

What, they come back and sit in a special room for 4 weeks.....I'd like to see that

A good article from the BBC on different AT options.

ALTITUDE TRAINING - THE FACTS

The key to successful training at altitude is to live high and train low

2,000m-2,500m: The optimum altitude for acclimatisation

28 days: Number of days required for noticeable increase in red blood cell count

22 hours: Daily exposure sufficient to boost performance

http://news.bbc.co.u...ams/9432880.stm

Edited by Kick it LONG