Jade Rawlings on Sen with Ox & Frank later tonight

jayceebee31

Gotta love live streaming on the net for us interstate Dee's.

Interesting he indicated that Bartram has got a role play down back, I hope it has something to do with hitting other players on the [censored] with his passes. Nev Jetta mentioned as well. Overall pretty happy with the backs even if he was backed into a corner by Ox's questions/suggestions.

Tappy seems certain to be moulded into a midfielder.

Had an offer to join the filth too before coming to the Dee's.

Good insight from Rawlings of what is currently happening at the Dees.He stated that it was very serious around the place getting into the start of pre season training.He said he was offered another role in Victoria( Ox stated Collingwood))whom he knocked back to join Mark Neeld

He said he was extremely impressed with Neeld's philosophy to take the club forward. He said the club was currently challenging the players to succeed.With regards to fitness he said certain players were in the elite level and felt that others were not up to it at this stage.Seen the list as being very talented and especially his group the back line.

Stated they had a very different game plan to implement requiring players to being very versatile.Game plan will be structured.In closing the interviewers concluded he was very impressive and the Dees had obtained one of the strongest coaching panels around.

• Like 1

"Bartram has a really important role for us" quote

Did everyone hear this?

Someone has to play a shut-down role on the most dangerous small forward.

Tapscott is moving to the midfield, Grimes is an attacking rebounder, Strauss is attacking rebounder as well and is injured till mid-year. Who else is going to play that role.

Until we find an upgrade, Bartram is the best we have and therefore plays an important role

Someone has to play a shut-down role on the most dangerous small forward.

Tapscott is moving to the midfield, Grimes is an attacking rebounder, Strauss is attacking rebounder as well and is injured till mid-year. Who else is going to play that role.

Until we find an upgrade, Bartram is the best we have and therefore plays an important role

I heard it, but I didn't believe it.

Point being he cops a major flogging on this site but the new defensive coach has already stated he has a role

Edit - Bartram is far from the most impressive player on our list, but i have believed for a while that he adds good defensive pressure and for all the back lash he gets, he still averages in the top 5-10 for disposal efficiency.

If there is a better option then great, because we will have a pretty good back pocket imo

Edited by Jordie_tackles

Point being he cops a major flogging on this site but the new defensive coach has already stated he has a role

Edit - Bartram is far from the most impressive player on our list, but i have believed for a while that he adds good defensive pressure and for all the back lash he gets, he still averages in the top 5-10 for disposal efficiency.

If there is a better option then great, because we will have a pretty good back pocket imo

Bartram has a lot of guts i think...he takes many marks standing his ground.

for all the back lash he gets, he still averages in the top 5-10 for disposal efficiency.

That doesn't mean much. These days he looks for the easiest option, not the best option, because he knows his limitations. Having someone who can't pull the trigger coming out of the backline isn't helpful.

(Of course, Bartram offers other things to the team, but I'm specifically addressing your comment on his d/e).

• Like 2

That doesn't mean much. These days he looks for the easiest option, not the best option, because he knows his limitations. Having someone who can't pull the trigger coming out of the backline isn't helpful.

(Of course, Bartram offers other things to the team, but I'm specifically addressing your comment on his d/e).

I find these comments funny, maybe it wasnt yourself but numorous posters here and else where have cried out for Bartram to "take the easy option" " take his first option".

Now he does this, and maybe it isnt great but it is better than giving the ball away, i dont think that 23 players on a team can "pull the trigger", different players have different roles in a team, Bartrams isnt to do this.

He applies pressure, plays on small opponents and tags very well, which are all important roles within a team, if he can give it to other players who can pull the trigger that may be his role. I also think he began to work forward when given the opportunity....and ironically it was his kicking that cost him around 5 goals during the second half, maybe he can develop this pat of his game

Ideally i would love for all 23 players on our team to be able to kick directly and under pressure but i dont think Collingwood had this in their team, Geelong may have been closer, but my point is that not even the best teams had 23 A grade Kickers.

Anyway i was just hoping to throw the bloke a life line around hear as many seem to be very hard on him.

I find these comments funny, maybe it wasnt yourself but numorous posters here and else where have cried out for Bartram to "take the easy option" " take his first option".

Now he does this, and maybe it isnt great but it is better than giving the ball away

I agree that it's better than turning the ball over. Where did I say it wasn't? (Hint: Nowhere). What I pointed out is that you posting about his disposal efficiency doesn't mean he uses the footy better than others. Virtually anyone in the team would be in the top 5-10 for disposal efficiency if they decided only to make easy kicks.

He applies pressure, plays on small opponents and tags very well, which are all important roles within a team, if he can give it to other players who can pull the trigger that may be his role. I also think he began to work forward when given the opportunity....and ironically it was his kicking that cost him around 5 goals during the second half, maybe he can develop this pat of his game

Cool story, bro ;) I don't disagree with this stuff, but maybe you don't like math and avoid anything in brackets? Here it is again, sans brackets:

Of course, Bartram offers other things to the team, but I'm specifically addressing your comment on his d/e.

Anyway i was just hoping to throw the bloke a life line around hear as many seem to be very hard on him.

Suggesting he's in the top 5-10 for disposal efficiency is just damning him with faint praise. The other stuff is more useful.

A player that won't take the game on, effectively, out of the backline, and continually selects the "safe" option or turns it over, will get you killed against an efficient forward press.

Football is increasingly unable to accommodate players with Bartram's limitations.

Him playing an important role says more about the state of our list and lack of a decent small defender, than it does about his ability.

Guest Deefence

Bartram, along with Rivers, Frawley and Joel MacDonald have all been told that their disposal isn't as important as making sure their opposition player doesn't get use of it. I heard they were all told by Neeld that he would even prefer the ball to go out of bounds, as it gives them a chance at a stoppage win.

Bartram, injuries not withstanding, will play 22 games this year. Hopefully more.

Our backline will be hard and uncompromising this year. Cannot wait.

I agree that it's better than turning the ball over. Where did I say it wasn't? (Hint: Nowhere). What I pointed out is that you posting about his disposal efficiency doesn't mean he uses the footy better than others. Virtually anyone in the team would be in the top 5-10 for disposal efficiency if they decided only to make easy kicks.

Cool story, bro ;) I don't disagree with this stuff, but maybe you don't like math and avoid anything in brackets? Here it is again, sans brackets:

Of course, Bartram offers other things to the team, but I'm specifically addressing your comment on his d/e.

Suggesting he's in the top 5-10 for disposal efficiency is just damning him with faint praise. The other stuff is more useful.

I actually started by saying it probably wsnt you who i was commenting on Bru, wants some chups?

What about maths? your point is?

I am saying Bartram has a better DI than people perceive otherwise, and he will be doing better to hold onto possession, people who say this is bad against good teams, maybe but holding your own possession is what good teams do, they dont take the risky option every time. Hawthorn hold possession for minutes if they need to, becasue any team needs possession to do anything of meaning, generally.

Why so personal? you barley responded to my points at all?

Guest Deefence

Others a chance for 100th's next year are Bate, Dunn & Chip,

Clark as well, but that's 100 AFL games.

Greeny should get 250. Beamer and Rivers chances for 150.