Sheedy accuses Demons

w00dy

There is nothing wrong with what he said. He doesn't accuse MFC of anything.

There's an interesting article in the Age today in which it is claimed that South Australia is trying to poach two promising young cricketers (aged 18 & 20) away from Victoria. The words used are "unscrupulously targeting". That's what I call an accusation but in the unethical world in which the AFL operates, people are more concerned with the evils of spreading stories about a player's knee.

Golly gosh!

I reckon TS will be skipper, and was one of the key factors in getting him there.

Could well be, and you can be sure that IF a contract was agreed to in late 2010 then it would stipulate minimum stress in 2011. Sheedy has said nothing wrong here. But iff T$ plays a full 2012 season then we get a clearer answer. We drafted the wrong kid i believe sadly.

I think this is brilliant.

If he does have a bung knee then we have saved a fair bit of our cap and got two early round draft picks instead of a player who may struggle to reach his potential because of the knee.

If he doesn't have a bung knee then good on the MFC for playing the mind games that other clubs do all the time.

And if the MFC have upset Sheedy - I am very very happy.

• Like 1

Sheedy's not finished. He's doing what he's employed to do which is to drum up publicity for the fledgling outfit because it needs to stay at the forefront of the news.

I'd say that's right. But not in Melbourne -- in Sydney. I barely see GWS mentioned here and Sheedy has zero carry.

I know we're not allowed to say anything bad about players and injuries but I have strong hopes for Scully's knee.

I'd say that's right. But not in Melbourne -- in Sydney. I barely see GWS mentioned here and Sheedy has zero carry.

Perhaps Sheedy should buy his wife a pink helicopter. May have a bigger impact in the Sydney media.

(I'm sure Vlad could tip in a couple big ones to help with the purchase.)

Greater Western Sydney's taking gamble on Tom Scully's knee

That was the major selling point on Scully having a legitimately bung knee and Larkins has never worked for MFC.

I think this is more about Sheedy still gunning for attention.

"I'd be really surprised if he was able to put out 20 games a season for six seasons in a row for that club," Larkins said. "I can't see 120 games over six years, based on the fact he played 10 out of 22 this year."

Larkins said Scully's initial left knee injury, which required surgery before he was drafted at No.1 in 2008, would continue to dog him.

"It's turned out the original injury, which has resulted in some bone being removed from his kneecap, has changed the shape of his knee," Larkins said.

"He now has an issue ... as he gets stronger and bigger he can only put more stress on the knee.

"As you get older, knee injuries only get worse ... they don't get better."

Larkins said Scully struggled this year when his training loads were ramped up, and that he needed to pull back "because the shock absorbing system at the back of the kneecap wasn't what it used to be".

"Unless Greater Western Sydney get on top of those issues, it will stop him in the future," Larkins said.

Scully first injured his left kneecap playing for Dandenong in the 2009 under-18 finals series.

He missed the TAC Cup grand final and draft camp testing because of surgery.

Larkins said Scully would have to be managed by the Giants.

"They are going to have to look at his training program," Larkins said.

"You'd hope (GWS) have got every 'i' dotted.

"We're not talking about a bloke who's had a medial ligament in a knee or an AC joint in the shoulder ... we're talking about a cartilage-related, stress loading problem."

"I'd be really surprised if he was able to put out 20 games a season for six seasons in a row for that club," Larkins said. "I can't see 120 games over six years, based on the fact he played 10 out of 22 this year."

Larkins should've been a maths professor.

I think this is brilliant.

If he does have a bung knee then we have saved a fair bit of our cap and got two early round draft picks instead of a player who may struggle to reach his potential because of the knee.

If he doesn't have a bung knee then good on the MFC for playing the mind games that other clubs do all the time.

And if the MFC have upset Sheedy - I am very very happy.

Win, win, win !!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.