I would really love to dabble for a few more midfielders in the likes of Mckenzie, Nicholson, Evans or even a Rockliff if we could....

I think we have alot of talls with Mcdonald, Cook, Davis, Sellar, Gawn, Spencer,Dunn not best 23 atm

But if there is a standout then we have to take them really, and of that list, 2 are rucks and only Mcdonald and Sellar look ready for first team next year if required...just dont want the list to go top heavy with the amount of running players required within the game.

I would really love to dabble for a few more midfielders in the likes of Mckenzie, Nicholson, Evans or even a Rockliff if we could....

I think we have alot of talls with Mcdonald, Cook, Davis, Sellar, Gawn, Spencer,Dunn not best 23 atm

But if there is a standout then we have to take them really, and of that list, 2 are rucks and only Mcdonald and Sellar look ready for first team next year if required...just dont want the list to go top heavy with the amount of running players required within the game.

I didn't understand your post fully - you said if we pick up an outstanding tall - IYO - you would take him.What type of tall - ruckman? forward? Back?

Please advise.

Updated Permission to train list

Adelaide

James Craig (Adelaide, Will Young (Adelaide)

Brisbane Lions

Justin Clarke (Booleroo Melrose Wilmington), Scott Clarke (Western Magpies), Sam Michael (Redland), Steven Wrigley (Labrador)

Carlton

Nicholas Heyne (St Kilda)

Collingwood

Daniel Farmer (Collingwood), Scott Reed (Collingwood), Trent Stubbs (Collingwood)

Essendon

Aaron Day (Woodville West Torrens), Rory Laird (West Adelaide), Brendan Lee (East Perth), Matt Little (Bendigo Bombers), Anthony Long (Essendon)

Fremantle

Zac Dawson (St Kilda), Brad Dick (Collingwood), Tom Lee (Claremont), Kane Mitchell (Claremont), Clancee Pearce (Fremantle)

Gold Coast

Michael Coad (Gold Coast), Aaron Hall (Hobart), Andrew McQualter (St Kilda)

Hawthorn

Paul Johnson (Hawthorn)

Melbourne

Freddie Clutterbuck (East Perth), Tom Couch (Collingwood / Bell Park), Carl Nicolson (Glenelg), Fletcher Roberts (Sandringham Dragons), Jai Sheahan (Geelong Falcons), Leigh Williams (Norwood)

North Melbourne

Marcus Darmody (North Ballarat), Lachlan Fairley (Western Jets), Liam Hoy (North Ballarat), Brad Mangan (Werribee), Oliver Tate (North Ballarat), Sean Tighe (Werribee)

Port Adelaide

Justin Hoskin (Port Adelaide Magpies), Ed Lower (North Melbourne), Darren Pfeiffer (Norwood), Luke Wilson (Port Adelaide Magpies)

Richmond

Pat Contin (Richmond), David Fahey (Coburg), Glen Grgic (Coburg), Ben Jakobi (Richmond), John McCarthy (Collingwood), Addam Maric (Melbourne), Leigh Masters (Coburg), William Wheeler (Coburg).

St Kilda

Jack Crisp (Murray Bushrangers), Beau Dowler (Noble Park), Danny Hughes (Sandringham), James Magner (Sandringham), Marcus Marigliani (Sandringham), Dylan Orval (Oakleigh Chargers)

Sydney Swans

Harry Cunningham (Turvey Park), Campbell Heath (Sydney Swans), Jackson Potter (Pennant Hills), Mitch Thompson (Sydney University)

Western Bulldogs

Mark Austin (Carlton), Jordan Jones (West Coast), Matt Jones (Labrador)

New additions underlined.

I didn't understand your post fully - you said if we pick up an outstanding tall - IYO - you would take him.What type of tall - ruckman? forward? Back?

Please advise.

Any tall which is regarded as particularly superior to the smalls/midfieders available.

First preference is a midfielder but as long as they are considered the best choice.

Edit - we obviously have the ruck division covered easily so that may be the one area i really wouldnt like us to go, but if you find a good one they will be worth something down the line....

I wonder if Scuttlebutt really has the drive .....says "it would be fantastic to be in an AFL list even for a year", or maybe just being modest.

Let's hope he turns out the goods and is just bring modest.

If not, then we could Employ him to operate a ShuttleBus between AAMI stadium & the Docklands precinct. LoL.

Forget the modesty and the shuttle bus, Freddie would best be engaged organising that elusive second jumper sponorship with this prestigious American clothing company Cutter and Buck. With that name, he's probably the heir to the company's fortune and the sponsorship would have to be worth squillions for the club!

With Mark Neeld wanting to keep his hand firmly on the tiller I wouldn't be surprised to see the majority of our rookie picks come from our permission to train list.

Wouldn't surprise me either. Mids and small forward(s) like mentioned above may well be on the menu. And the recent add-on addition in Williams.

Surely you wouldn't fly a kid halfway across the continent for one training session if you didn't intend to draft him?

Logic suggests such.

Logic suggests such.

On the other hand Redleg's theory is that if you really want a player then you shouldn't advertise the fact by including him on your PTT list.

If that's the case then, at least in the case of the two most recent additions, Leigh Williams and Shannon Burnett, they could have been invited down by the Casey Scorpions to train down there and nobody would have been any the wiser.

That said, it wouldn't surprise at all if Collingwood VFL player Tom Sundberg, who isn't on any PTT list is picked up very early on Tuesday. I wonder where he's been training?

On the other hand Redleg's theory is that if you really want a player then you shouldn't advertise the fact by including him on your PTT list.

If that's the case then, at least in the case of the two most recent additions, Leigh Williams and Shannon Burnett, they could have been invited down by the Casey Scorpions to train down there and nobody would have been any the wiser.

That said, it wouldn't surprise at all if Collingwood VFL player Tom Sundberg, who isn't on any PTT list is picked up very early on Tuesday. I wonder where he's been training?

Would it be fair to say that players on the PTT list at the particular clubs that are obviously interested in them are also sometimes decoys in rookie draft?

Would it be fair to say that players on the PTT list at the particular clubs that are obviously interested in them are also sometimes decoys in rookie draft?

I'd say fairly expensive decoys, and rather unfair to the boys themselves to pull them out of their lives over there, where they are probably working and having to take time off, to fly them over here, drill them with training they've never experienced before, then send them back without being drafted. I know I'd be pretty peed off.

I'd say fairly expensive decoys, and rather unfair to the boys themselves to pull them out of their lives over there, where they are probably working and having to take time off, to fly them over here, drill them with training they've never experienced before, then send them back without being drafted. I know I'd be pretty peed off.

Standard, provides an opportunity and many many players get drafted off opposition PTT lists.......not just about us in all honestly, us looking at them may get them taken at pick 40 or more

Similarly i expect us to draft 2 or more players who are not on our PTT, possibly on someone elses or not at all on one......

its a big game....

People are pawns... and get given a look in

Edited by Jordie_tackles