$urprise, $urprise, $cully $enior Employed by GW$

A bad day for the AFL, GWS, Dale Holmes and the Scully clan -

Greater Western Sydney Giants lose CEO Dale Holmes

Not to mention a shocker for the media. I can't believe the standard of journalism we're getting these days ranging from Bartlett and Denham on SEN this morning to the author of the above article.

Not quite clear whether they're claiming a connection between the sacking and the Scullys but it would appear that they're now disrupting a second club in the space of a calendar year. They deserve GWS and GWS deserves them.

Personally, I'll be happy to move on but this $cully imbroglio is too much fun.

They'd get more value for a lot less money by referencing bigfooty!

HaHaHa,,, good onya Jack. It is good now we can wash our hands and heads of the former. ah! A cleansing 'Ale', I feel.

I keep reading how well we have done with two 1st round picks for our GWS recruit, but like WYL I don't buy it. We wouldn't swap our pick 2 JT to Port for 8&9 and here we are getting about 13 & 16 for number 1 pick in the country. Would Tigers swap Martin for picks 13 & 16, would Hawks swap Hodge for 13 & 16. The compensation is nothing like what was lost. The only thing I hope is that we have dodged a bullet if the injuries are as bad as I have heard. I wish people would stop saying we were fairly compensated because we weren't. We were just compensated according to AFL guidelines not fairly or adequately.

Point well made. If Scully turns out to be the player we recruited him to be, then we have been bent over. In return we will get something like a Ziebell or a Cunnington. Good players but not stars. We need a star to make a difference to our midfield & that's what Scully was recruited to be. He was considered the best player of his year.

Now if the rules had been along the lines of ok, you lost your #1 pick, here is John Patton in a Melbourne jumper, I'd feel we'd been given like for like. Best player of his year for our best player of his year. What we lose then is invested development. I can cop that.

Point well made. If Scully turns out to be the player we recruited him to be, then we have been bent over. In return we will get something like a Ziebell or a Cunnington. Good players but not stars. We need a star to make a difference to our midfield & that's what Scully was recruited to be. He was considered the best player of his year.

Now if the rules had been along the lines of ok, you lost your #1 pick, here is John Patton in a Melbourne jumper, I'd feel we'd been given like for like. Best player of his year for our best player of his year. What we lose then is invested development. I can cop that.

He's got a bung knee and no ticker.

We've done well to be rid of him, just you wait and see. We have to stop dealing in hypotheticals, draft as best we can and get the footy club pumping.

I keep reading how well we have done with two 1st round picks for our GWS recruit, but like WYL I don't buy it. We wouldn't swap our pick 2 JT to Port for 8&9 and here we are getting about 13 & 16 for number 1 pick in the country. Would Tigers swap Martin for picks 13 & 16, would Hawks swap Hodge for 13 & 16. The compensation is nothing like what was lost. The only thing I hope is that we have dodged a bullet if the injuries are as bad as I have heard. I wish people would stop saying we were fairly compensated because we weren't. We were just compensated according to AFL guidelines not fairly or adequately.

correct we may be better off. But we chose badly and got shafted. Never Forget that

correct we may be better off. But we chose badly and got shafted. Never Forget that

Umm I have to pull you up on that- we didn't chose badly as Scully was the standout!

What transpired after we drafted him was inconceivable. An unforseen set of circumstances saw him taken from us. Maybe for the better, maybe for the worst.

We did get shafted though, that's the message people should be remembering

But resentment makes you bitter, so I'm focusing on the positives and look forward to Melbourne vs GWS where we can exercise our right to say our goodbyes to the Sculldog, as he never really gave us that opportunity when he decided to (lol) jump ship to GWS.

You see I understand why Sully did what he did, but that doesn't make me like it one bit. I sort of empathise with him in a way but I also hate his guts, it's a weird feeling to describe- one of acceptance and pure hatred.

R

Umm I have to pull you up on that- we didn't chose badly as Scully was the standout!

What transpired after we drafted him was inconceivable. An unforseen set of circumstances saw him taken from us. Maybe for the better, maybe for the worst.

We did get shafted though, that's the message people should be remembering

But resentment makes you bitter, so I'm focusing on the positives and look forward to Melbourne vs GWS where we can exercise our right to say our goodbyes to the Sculldog, as he never really gave us that opportunity when he decided to (lol) jump ship to GWS.

we chose badly because of his mental character. Maybe it was unforseen but the facts are what they are. We gave up a number one draft pick. We must be so much more vigilant in future drafts.

He was never going to be a long term prospect.

You see I understand why Sully did what he did, but that doesn't make me like it one bit. I sort of empathise with him in a way but I also hate his guts, it's a weird feeling to describe- one of acceptance and pure hatred.

Well put - my only difference is that instead of pure hatred I just desperately want $cully to fail .

I do however remember feeling a bit the same when Gerard Healy left but .... .............we played finals soon after and then I didn't care - hoping history repeats !

Hindsight. It's a wonderful thing..

Yes it is, but $cully was always a different egg. He played well for us in 2010 but that was only for his own gains IMO. His 2011 is not worth considering apart from the essendon game. I don't blame the club but we were bent over by both the AFL & the $cully family.

Well put - my only difference is that instead of pure hatred I just desperately want $cully to fail .

Lol I hate to break it to you but that is basically the same thing!

Yes it is, but $cully was always a different egg. He played well for us in 2010 but that was only for his own gains IMO. His 2011 is not worth considering apart from the essendon game. I don't blame the club but we were bent over by both the AFL & the $cully family.

Was he always a different egg though? Or is he viewed this way because of the nature of his defection. He never seemed to be the warmest of personalities but that was put down to being uber-professional and just wanting to get on with footy.

Who will ever know?

I would have picked Scully at number 1 and I- like many others on this forum and indeed the MFC would have and did get shafted, but there was no way to forecast this and I don't know how we can ensure they wont defect in the future, short of asking them. Is that considered proper? I don't knowl.

Lol I hate to break it to you but that is basically the same thing!

I guess my point was that we may get over this whole saga quicker than we think - if we're in the finals next year I won't be thinking about $cully much at all .

Edited by Nuggets

Was he always a different egg though? Or is he viewed this way because of the nature of his defection. He never seemed to be the warmest of personalities but that was put down to being uber-professional and just wanting to get on with footy.

Who will ever know?

I would have picked Scully at number 1 and I- like many others on this forum and indeed the MFC would have and did get shafted, but there was no way to forecast this and I don't know how we can ensure they wont defect in the future, short of asking them. Is that considered proper? I don't knowl.

My view is he never wanted to play at the MFC. He did it because it was his way in. He used the club to get a contract. Maybe fhe club thought they could turn him around, but i believe it was never going to happen. It just shows that character is as important in making judgement as football ability.

My view is he never wanted to play at the MFC. He did it because it was his way in. He used the club to get a contract. Maybe fhe club thought they could turn him around, but i believe it was never going to happen. It just shows that character is as important in making judgement as football ability.

What other club was going to offer $6mill? He was made an offer he couldn't refuse and I don't begrudge him for taking it.

The reason I will verbally abuse him loudly for the rest of his career is for his deliberate attempt to sully the name of our club in his PR exercise prior to leaving. A constant stream of "confidants" slamming the professionalism of the MFC in the media to give him an out that isn't just about the money. As I posted at the time, these stories were coming from somewhere. As little respect as I have for journalists, I don't believe they made the claims out of thin air, someone in the $cully camp was drip feeding them.

He calls us unprofessional then joins this rabble, karma's a [censored], hey Tom.

I think the fact the father was given a job with little credibility or credentials further lends credence to deals being sorted long before the official line

I agree the whole situation stinks to high heaven and the only proof positive is Scully Junior has little to no integrity based on his on record comments vs on record actions but again your line above is patent nonsense. The father getting a job is more pork barrelling but lends no credence or gives no indication that this part of the deal was sorted long ago. The AFL's action of including Big Phil's salary in the TTP certainly indicates that the job for Dad was part of the whole Scully package but using phrases like "lends credence" is disingenuous. Go with this line instead " With the Scully's obvious love of the dollar and his actions flying in the face of his press conference statements, with his integrity in tatters, it would come as no surprise to learn that Phil's job is another piece of puzzle that was put to bed months and months ago"

We weren't fairly compensated but we may well be better off.

But we won't know that for a while.

We are certainly better off for 2012, although that is like boasting about taking the 12th prettiest girl to the high school formal...

I put a positive spin on the two compo picks - I had the best looking girl in town one on one - she went alright but her heart wasnt in it but now i get to have threesome with two birds who are not too shabby at all.

( I apologise for this post in advance)

Edited by nutbean

I put a positive spin on the two compo picks - I had the best looking girl in town one on one - she went alright but her heart wasnt in it but now i get to have threesome with two birds who are not too shabby at all.

( I apologise for this post in advance)

Or I had Bentley but they took it off me and gave me two Holdens.

Wow ! - I have searched back for any indication you knew this at the time ? Actually I searched back to see if anyone knew this at the time. I searched back for anyone who thought for at least 6 months leading up to draft time that we Scully wouldnt go number one. I have searched back to find anything other than Scully was a dedicated and focused footballer but geez I have missed that too. "maybe the club thought they could turn him around" - assuming again that they knew . Wow - plain wow.I am as bitter and twisted about it as you are but geez - hindsight the size of Serena Williams.

( can i have the tattslotto numbers for Saturday night please)

Edited by nutbean