Melbourne To Receive $9.1 million from the AFL

Grandson of a gun

The AFL has announced it's distribution of the Media Rights Deal to the clubs.

The Demons are to receive $9.1 Million which is the third highest in the league (forget the typo on the MFC website headline)

I reckon it is a bloody good deal for the club but it also shows that given everything that has been done by the administration, we are still a long way behind the top clubs in terms of financial turnover and strength, hence the need for greater assistance.

I trust this administration implicitly to use this money wisely and make MFC the powerhouse it once was.

I also commend the AFL on the breakdown of money- i reckon they have done a good job and still left themselves some more room for adjustment/assistance after 2014.

Carn the Demons!

Perhaps "implicitly" was a poor choice of words...........my meaning was that given the track record of this administration, i have great faith in the manner in which they will use this money to develop and strengthen the club on field and off...

Better?

Perhaps "implicitly" was a poor choice of words...........my meaning was that given the track record of this administration, i have great faith in the manner in which they will use this money to develop and strengthen the club on field and off...

Better?

I will go with that

Better?

......as long as it doesn't get spent on desks! (or such-like)

There is no excuse to not come out of those years without a better all-round club performance. The potential for spending those dollars on the football department is immense, and we need to use every dollar of it to better our chances as a club on-field. It's a two way street. The success off-field should be indicative of the success on-field.

And people thought we were half a chance to keep Scully

A bit difficult to put up a reasonable fight when the master,

rule maker and gate keeper has his hand up your jumper pulling your strings

This money is poison and is tainted. This is the money the club is payed

For playing 3 weeks out 4 on foxtel. For playing multiple poor attendance time

slots get used to some Sunday/Saturday twilight games.

Don't be fooled by giving with one hand they take with the other.

But alas without it we would struggle to exist

I hope I see the time this is the strong club it should be.

112.345 desks ($80,000 per desk)

cough

113.75 !! :unsure: ....you on commission ? :)

Bit extreme dude. Free-to-air games are favoured to the top sides, as it should be. When Melbourne gets back up there, I guarantee you we will get 5-8 Friday nights games a year.

We've had good TV scheduling and fixturing before, and that hasn't stopped our incompetently broken business model from failing the club and its fans over and over again.

And Scully went to GWS because he will get $2 million in 2012 + god knows how many endorsements is an offer too good to refuse. Any club would have lost Scully. Collingwood's players didn't get those kinds of offers. They wanted Scully.

I suppose the real benefit is in knowing where the money is over the next few years. Its not a year to year guessing game. Makes it easier to plan some things.

Use it wisely MFC B)

I Am happy about the cash coming but I would love for us to stand on our own two feet one day without the empire having to help us out all the time. I am no business man thats for sure but we need that onfield success to see some big exposure games and larger memberships. With our list and the cash coming in from the empire I could see us maybe turning into a powerhouse but only with that on field success.

It should be this way Diablo Demon, because we have an artificial populous of 12, then more, then 17, then 18 clubs.... Some strong and some up 'n' coming.

We will never have & Don't want one club 'dominating forever',,, again.

What we want is clubs having periods of strength then recirculating the talent. This gives every club Their moment in the Sun.

I would hope one day 100% of gate receipts would be collected by the AFL, then dispersed to clubs to equalize clubs revenues so each could afford the same caps & 'footy dept' Expenditure.

From they're it should be up to the clubs how they manage the Funds. To maximize their returns.

On second thoughts why don't we double our money and drop the lot on one (or more) of Redleg's geegees

I've got this great formulae....can't fail, bought it on eBay the other day

"[censored] Let's go to Vegas...."

Sweet. Lets get some desks that will make us the envy of other clubs .Then we should go on a trip to China!

Then we should spend 6 million promoting Rugby League in Western Sydney .WHaddyareckon?

PAAAAAAAR-TEEEEEEEEEE!

And Scully went to GWS because he will get $2 million in 2012 + god knows how many endorsements is an offer too good to refuse. Any club would have lost Scully. Collingwood's players didn't get those kinds of offers. They wanted Scully.

So that means he's getting paid $1m for every Brownlow vote he polled this year. Nice work if you can get it. Lucky they didn't go after Dane Swan.