• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Cashed up - Now spend on a big forward

Dee Landing

The Club now has the readies and must go out and chase a big proven forward player and also try and entice Gaff to the club.

I wanna see the MFC become super aggressive in all aspects after this shyte today.

And finally - get the coach who will die in the ditch for the MFC!!

No more mamby pamby MFC...gutful already!

I don't necessarily think we need a forward as much as a big bodied midfielder. Someone to give us run and guts in the middle.

Goddard was suggested in another thread, and if we get Lyon as coach a sainter might not be totally off the cards.

for f#ck sake, how long do we have to be chasing a big key forward for! We go out of our way not to pick up darling, then we recruit skinny key forwards that turn out to be more flankers and refuse to get busy in trade week.

Grow some nuts melbourne and pick up Dawes or someone. anybody..and be done with it.

We need an elite midfielder now with the loss of scully. we were already getting raped at clearances etc. and now we lose scully without a whimper.

we will have 3 first round picks in next years draft but unfortunately 1 of them will be used on jack viney.

for f#ck sake, how long do we have to be chasing a big key forward for! We go out of our way not to pick up darling, then we recruit skinny key forwards that turn out to be more flankers and refuse to get busy in trade week.

Grow some nuts melbourne and pick up Dawes or someone. anybody..and be done with it.

We need an elite midfielder now with the loss of scully. we were already getting raped at clearances etc. and now we lose scully without a whimper.

we will have 3 first round picks in next years draft but unfortunately 1 of them will be used on jack viney.

We may use one of the compo picks this year's draft. I'm not saying we definitely will, but we might.

And Darling has been covered. Every side overlooked him. Cook's not a flanker, btw.

I love it how people say the club must go out and get a big proven power forward as if they're just floating around out there readily available.

1. The top liners are out of reach (buddy,Cloke,Reiwoldt x2,Petrie)

2. You would need to pay massive overs for any currently contracted mid tier key forward which will upset the balance of the rest of the list (a fact many were bemoaning re Scully).

2A. With mid tiers you there is every chance they will just be list clogging in a couple of years whilst getting paid massive overs.

3. Anyone else left is either not proven, untried or a dud.

Unless you name names your ridiculously general demands of a proven power forward are not worth the bandwidth sucked up by your post.

A similar situation is in place re the repeated calls for the strong bodied mid although there is a little more availability in this area.

Name names. Don't just make broad demands and then pot the club when those broad demands aren't satisfied.

Edited by Grandson of a gun

Should we pick up someone just for the sake of picking up someone? That's smart. Hey as long as were pro active it doesn't mean you have to have method hey?

Relax a little. Everyone passed on Darling and hindsight is awesome. Although I would have liked him at the club. Cook will be a gun so it's all good.

In the mean time we need to target a mature body with leadership skills. Preferably a mid. Or if its a KPP they must be better than mediocre, and they don't grow on trees.

I love it how people say the club must go out and get a big proven power forward as if they're just floating around out there readily available.

Yeah, and in the next breath they say, Just get "someone, anybody...and be done with it !"

That's not a "I want a premiership/flag attitude", Freak.

You've got to know what you want.

My mail is that we signed our big forward up last night...Stef Martin, and in my Round 1 team of 2012, there is ample room for he, Jamar and Gawn. The big question that remains is how BIG will Watts, Cook and Fitzpatrick get? I think it's fair to say that Watts will be a big figure with another 2 preseasons under his belt, Cook & Fitzy I just don't know...

Look at Geelong's team on Friday night against the Hawks - Ottens, West, Hawkins and Pods. 2 dedicated rucks, 1 that can pinch-hit, and the other a big forward.

Look at Collingwood - Jolly, Brown, Dawes, Cloke.

Can we see the trend here?

I was a Bailey fan, but 1 of my criticisms was the fact that we never really got to see any consistent forward structure. Our backline is basically pre-picked every week, but multiple changes were made to our forward line each week, and as a result, they don't have that same understanding of each others game like the backline does.

If we have cash to spend, target a quality midfielder. I mentioned in another thread that we should offer Brad Sewell good $$$ plus look at picking his brother up with a 2nd or 3rd round pick in the draft. I reckon we could get Brad for about $450k-$500k per season.