• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Callan Ward Gone

DeeMfc

Guest Gareth Keenan

or he may have made up his mind ages ago. Even your logic will have to concede that as an option. In so much as you purport he hasnt made a decision, the opposite must surely be true also.

It is an option, that he has already decided, but to say him leaving PROVES that he made up his mind earlier and is lying, is simply illogical.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is an option, that he has already decided, but to say him leaving PROVES that he made up his mind earlier and is lying, is simply illogical.

it opens it to suppostion. Many other mitigating arrangements and non specific actions leaves much to speculation.

There is no proof of anything yet,whether that coming , going, lying or speaking truths. All that has occurred to date are the forming of opinions.

probably change next week.

Guest Gareth Keenan

Maybe I need to remind you of the post in question, BB59?

I don't know if he's gone. But if he does leave then he has bullshitted us all season.

Sounds to me like the illogical conclusion that if Scully goes, he must have decided a long time ago, before the season commenced...

Maybe I need to remind you of the post in question, BB59?

You may..but why..I was actually replying to YOU

Sounds to me like the illogical conclusion that if Scully goes, he must have decided a long time ago, before the season commenced...

Its a view held by some

Guest Gareth Keenan

It's no more illogical than your belief that he hasn't made up his mind yet.

You're not that sharp, are you?

You said, that if he goes, it means he HAS been lying since the start of the season.

I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt, and say that he MAY NOT HAVE already decided.

Do you see the distinction? One is an absolute, founded on no evidence.

The other is a fair assessment.

But I still don't expect you to get it...

You said, that if he goes, it means he HAS been lying since the start of the season.

I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt, and say that he MAY NOT HAVE already decided.

You obviously didn't hear about SOS Silvagni's (GWS) comments on Hutchy's TAC show a couple of weeks back that threw a spanner in your line of thinking.

You obviously didn't hear about SOS Silvagni's (GWS) comments on Hutchy's TAC show a couple of weeks back that threw a spanner in your line of thinking.

Funnily enough, Neither did you Rangey but that didn't stop you from making wild assumptions and trying to twist words to suit your own theories.

Bascially, the only spanner flying around was you.... but we covered that already!

It's a fair assessment based on your belief. That doesn't make it any more true than my assertion. See if you can figure that one out dullard.

Funnily enough, Neither did you Rangey but that didn't stop you from making wild assumptions and trying to twist words to suit your own theories.

Bascially, the only spanner flying around was you.... but we covered that already!

I would have thought it more the case that a set of values and benefits of assumption are afforded one party by way of seeming sacrosanct and yet others are dismissed out of hand. No basis for such is given oter than a partisan approach to events as presented.

All worthy of Orwellian discourse

Meanwhile back to Callan

Interesting really that the only retort the Doggies can come up with is " Were really HOPING he stays " :unsure:

In other words they havent the foggiest otherwise they could dismiss it categorically. Staunch denials yes...informed , no.

One man's wild assumption is another's intelligent hypothesizing.

And hammering me doesn't make what Silvagni said disappear.

Guest Gareth Keenan

It's a fair assessment based on your belief. That doesn't make it any more true than my assertion. See if you can figure that one out dullard.

Jesus you're obtuse...

In the absence of any other evidence, it is illogical to come to the absolute conclusion that he has defintely lied since the beginning of the season.

However it is perfectly logical to conclude that he may not have. Understand that it also means he may have, but it does not come to an absolute conclusion, because there is not enough evidence.

If you can't figure that one out, you're beyond help.

Edited by Gareth Keenan

Who gives a rats what Callan Ward does? Why is there a thread about him on Demonland?

I was just thinking the same thing. Callan Who??

This is an MFC website. If GWS wish to pay grossly over inflated prices for young players why should i lose any sleep.

Go Demons, Fcuk Footscray, it's bad enough having to wear their colours on our "clash' strip.

Edited by why you little

good on him. its really not a tough decision and the same goes for scully. people will bag him for being disloyal and so on. yesterday i accepted a job that pays me almost double what i have been earning. it makes life a whole lot easier and buying fast toys a whole lot easier ;) congratulations to them

Did your previous employer give you your first break in the industry?

Did they always do the right thing by you?

Did they encouraged you, share experiences with you and make you integral to their business?

Did they invested time and money in developing you to be the best you can be?

Were they offering you $400+k to stay, with the oppurtunity to make even more in the future?

Did you leave while others within your industry, those who are much more qualified and experienced than you, decided to stay?

Did you value having more money over spending time with friends and family?

If this was you, then maybe it wasn't ever even about the money. Maybe you were just making excuses.

800k a season for Ward? I hope they kept a receipt. Geez, talk about over inflated player values. Kid is okay, but 800K??

He will be one of the elite midfielders in the competition in a few years.

You need to look to the future not just the present!!

He's not gone yet the bulldogs have increased their offer.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/122593/default.aspx

Fantasia admitted the club had asked Ward straight out whether he had signed or had an agreement with GWS.

"Yeah we have," he said.

"If it was nearly anyone else I’d be thinking there’s no chance whatsoever [that Ward would remain at the Bulldogs]."

Edited by RobbieF

But the thing is Ward hasn't made up his mind when the news broke out about gws offer and has been playing fantastic footy for bulldogs, maybe Rodney Eade been sacked and Bulldogs missing Finals mght have motivated his decision to leave.

I have to say right now even though we had a bad season we are ahead of bulldogs right now, and they are going to be in rebuilding phase starting next year so that might be the main reason ward decide to take the cash and run.

If its playing finals what's making him go he's going to the wrong place, they seem to be getting just very young players so they will be getting thrashed in front of 3-4000 people each week, these young blokes taking the money and running are pathetic mercinaries.

If its playing finals what's making him go he's going to the wrong place, they seem to be getting just very young players so they will be getting thrashed in front of 3-4000 people each week, these young blokes taking the money and running are pathetic mercinaries.

No they're not. They're taking advantage of an opportunity to get paid far and above what their services would otherwise be worth or could command but for the fact that the AFL created rules that clearly restrain their original clubs from competitively bidding for their services.

The fault lies with the AFL, not the players, as Callan Ward's mother states in today's Herald Sun. The problem is that whereas the Gold Coast had additional attractions like climate, lifestyle and a growing football market, GWS is a footballing graveyard. My Sydney contacts are extremely pessimistic about the chances of the GWS surviving in that market - hence it's missed out on a number of its targets who prefer less pay but greater future prospects both on and off the field to a dead workplace run by the likes of Sheedy and co.

That's why their signings to date are players like Davis and Ward rather than Thomas, Kreuzer and Bartel.