The Tom Scully Saga © continues ...

old55

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember, leaks are human nature, apparently those in the know think it's common knowlegde anyway!

wink wink nudge nudge say no more actually told me he was staying.

The Scully saga is over for me fellers, I know I cant prove anything on this forum, But like most of you, I went through the going balistic stage, then have been hoping that he might stay stage, but I've had it put to me recently by someone who would know that not only is tom going, he's long, long gone. Now it seems so obvious why he has never shown one bit of emotion whilst singing the club song, even after the few good wins we've had this year. At the time I didn't think the cats got enough for Ablett, and unfortunately we probably won't get enough for Tom. You can shout me down about not naming names ect ect, but I'm just giving you the heads up because I read the forum nearly everyday, and I know how dedicated most of you blokes are. Remember, leaks are human nature, apparently those in the know think it's common knowlegde anyway!

Well thanks for that.

I'm so relieved to finally know conclusively.

or maybe we could hope that Tom is a pea heart like Murphy was in his first two seasons.

I stress WAS - his last two seasons have seen him eradicate the unjustified soft tag that he carried. I say unjustified to the extent that he wasnt hard at the contest in any way shape or form but was a young kid built like a twig. Five seasons of football and look what he is now.

You said you wouldn't post....wwwweeaakkk! :)

The Scully saga is over for me fellers, I know I cant prove anything on this forum, But like most of you, I went through the going balistic stage, then have been hoping that he might stay stage, but I've had it put to me recently by someone who would know that not only is tom going, he's long, long gone. Now it seems so obvious why he has never shown one bit of emotion whilst singing the club song, even after the few good wins we've had this year. At the time I didn't think the cats got enough for Ablett, and unfortunately we probably won't get enough for Tom. You can shout me down about not naming names ect ect, but I'm just giving you the heads up because I read the forum nearly everyday, and I know how dedicated most of you blokes are. Remember, leaks are human nature, apparently those in the know think it's common knowlegde anyway!

That's great that you share this information with us. However when someone comes onto a message board and says

'I've got a contact and he told me this. But I can't tell you who it is'

I instantly think its [censored].

Nothing against you personally. But there have been many people say similar stories on this board and 90% of the time they turn out to be [censored].

I'm starting to get annoyed at all the comments that his family are not happy with this and that. Have heard them all season. Sounds like they may be like those stage/tennis mums and dads who meddle too much.

Really?!!! Is that so? When this story broke in Feb this year, my sources said the parents were stunned by the the rumours and hadn't heard anything till the news broke on 3AW rumour file.

Once again, i ask....what proof have you got that Scully is leaving? Or do you just have a 'gut feeling' that he's gone?.

Just thought you argument was reality vs crystal balling - who would know ?

P.S. We could have had Darling

Anything to do with Tom is speculative by its nature. We can see how Murphy progressed. I simply supposed it would be good if Tom followed suit in that regard. Hardly crystal -ball gazing. Just commentary.. That is all

People don't still seriously think he is going to stay do they?

Lyon certainly thinks we're a chance of keeping him. If it's the done deal all here are suggesting Lyon would know. If Lyon knew, he wouldn't have gone public about talking to Scully this week - it just makes him look stupid and out of touch.

People don't still seriously think he is going to stay do they?

I can't see the result being anything else but him going.

Sure the rank and file believers will trudge out he only made his mind up post season

I expect there to be even blame towards people who think he's gone for contributing to him going.

I don't profess to know for sure but any salient person balancing probabilities can read the writing

on the wall.

Jim said it best when he said that this situation would cause young men to lie to their clubs.

Worse part of all this is the slow burn and how it seems to have caused unrest.

When Tom's management first announced to the club that they would hold off contract negotiations until the end of 2011 (some time last year I think?), had GWS been allowed under the rules set down by the AFL to approach his management?

When Tom's management first announced to the club that they would hold off contract negotiations until the end of 2011 (some time last year I think?), had GWS been allowed under the rules set down by the AFL to approach his management?

Thre was a window in Oct 2010 to sign.

Lyon certainly thinks we're a chance of keeping him. If it's the done deal all here are suggesting Lyon would know. If Lyon knew, he wouldn't have gone public about talking to Scully this week - it just makes him look stupid and out of touch.

Clutching at straws still me thinks. I mean, if Scully was a bit unsure still, I cannot possible see how the last few weeks wouldn't have tipped him towards GWS. If he was worried about being in a poorly performing team up there, they probably won't ever go close to losing by 31 goals. There is far to much drama and conflict within the club right now, and even senior players (Sylvia) are rumoured to be considering jumping ship. I just cannot see Scully wearing the Red and Blue next year; he will be in the horrible orange and charcoal or whatever it is.

Indeed there was!

How many people got shouted down for simply questioning the "Scully leaving the China trip early for family reasons" situation....

a few...B)

This whole sage could have had an entirely different twist if when the allegations first broke and TS said into to the first microphone (assuming he allowed it) that was shoved under his nose something like "WTF, This is ridiculous. An absolute joke. I am a Melbourne player. I love this club and I intend being a one club player. I'll just sort out the details at the end of the season thats all." and walked away laughing his head off.

This whole sage could have had an entirely different twist if when the allegations first broke and TS said into to the first microphone (assuming he allowed it) that was shoved under his nose something like "WTF, This is ridiculous. An absolute joke. I am a Melbourne player. I love this club and I intend being a one club player. I'll just sort out the details at the end of the season thats all." and walked away laughing his head off.

....And

After it became a distraction on and off the field he showed faith in the club and got a deal done so the focus could be on his footy

instead on the story has been about will he stay will he go.

They already knew how this would play out this is exactly the same as the Ablett saga.

Smacks of individual putting himself before his team. There comes a point when speculation starts to create damage while it suffices for some

that the situation remains unchanged.

All that free space for speculation gets filled by someone and for purely narcissistic reasons its continued.

If by some strange quirk he signs on ill eat all the humble pie I can but I cant see so many reading the situation so incorrectly.

Given Jack Trengove's re-signing for a further 3 years (without publicly holding the club to ransom for a year), I imagine it would be hard for him (JT) to respect how TS has played his hand this year.

Well Done Jack! Nothing builds adoration from us poor fans than a young champion re-signing before they have to and demonstrating their respect for and commitment to the MFC.

I'm just getting tired of tabloids reports like the australian that report Tom Scully signed with GWS just after we lost to geelong wonder how long it took them to create that news.

And it seems like Tom Scully signed like 5-6 contracts with GWS with all these reports.

When Scully admits to signing with GWS, we should all start a riot in western sydney, london style!!yeah! :lol:

There might not be enough energy left after the riot that's going to happen on this forum.