Dean Bailey has been sacked

EVIL DEE

I really don't understand the hate for Bailey and smart-arse comments toward his future. Here is a bloke who walked into a rabble and built a list which we have today... a list that a lot of you talk about as '2014 premiers'. He had a set plan when he walked into the club, and stuck by it all the way up until yesterday. He didn't waiver from his commitment to build from the ground up, he has developed a list that should be a contender in a few seasons, he put the list ahead of himself. He could quite easily have kept list-cloggers and traded in quick-fixes, yet he didn't.

As embarrassed as I am about our performance yesterday, I am nowhere near embarrassed about that as I am of some of our supporters. Some of you are a disgrace! I go to the footy and sit in my seat week in-week out and just shake my head at some of you. How some of you can rejoice at a bloke losing his job is beyond me! How some of you could throw your scarf in the bintIs beyond me too. We don't want you as 'supporters'... by all means, please, microwave your membership so I and other supporters don't have to put up with your crap every week. Also, whilst you're at it, please cancel your registration to this website. Thanks.

Edited by mfcrox

Whoever we get it has to be someone who understands the first battle they will face is changing the culture of the club/team. We need a no-nonsense hard-arse someone who will grind some discipline and hate-to-lose mentality into the players/club.

Yes, that's very true.

It is also why I doubt a coach of Malthouse's credibility would want a job like this.

Perhaps Eade does; perhaps Roos for the "intellectual" challenge...

Therefore we have little choice but to either build and support someone like Viney who is aware of the club's rotten culture, or go to market and try a newbie. I favor Viney - moreover he'll have the niext 5 weeks to prove himself.

I am Disappointed, poor Decision by the MFC IMHO, he deserved to see out the end of the season at least.

He gave away 3 years of his coaching career to make it so that we could draft the best talent in the country. I am concerned that the players can have so much say at the end of the day as to how the senior management of our club is structured.I was undecided as to whether Dean was a good coach or not, but I would have just like to have seen him given more of a chance. Want the coach sacked? Then get thumped by 186 points.

The playing group is the real problem and I am afraid that by sacking the coach it will allow others to avoid scrutiny and hide behind Bailey's sacking.I think there is more to this story then what we know and hopefully if there is anymore rot in the club it is eliminated now, I dont care who it is, they get shown the door just like Bailey has, we cant have one set of standards for our management teams and then seperate standards for our players.

GO DEES!

(P.S I look forward to Brenton Sanderson or Mark Neeld coaching us in 2012).

Edited by Dee Adjudicator

Brad Green tweeted about an hour ago:

"Our performance was unacceptable, the players take full responsibility... Be strong red and blue"

Odd timing; 20+ mins after DB was reportedly told it was over.

I imagine Green, given he is captain, would have been contacted fairly quickly.

Sources are saying:

CS has been instrumental is getting DB sacked.. and JS has backed CS today by doing so,

Although alot of senior players are backing DB and there is alot of friction with them and CS ( including Skully)

p.s i take no responsiblility in the above statment... just passing on hearsay

Sources are saying:

CS has been instrumental is getting DB sacked.. and JS has backed CS today by doing so,

Although alot of senior players are backing DB and there is alot of friction with them and CS ( including Skully)

So has CS been sacked with CC.

I have also heard the same rumour that the players have a problem with CS.

I posted this on another thread

"Bailey MUST NOT be allowed to coach this weekend, for the very simple reason, with Bailey gone Phscologically the players will be able to take a deep breath say to themselves well that was the old now in with the new the door is open lets start afresh lets wipe the slate clean.

Obviously this requires a Interim coach a person that nows about toughness, and has pride in the club. At the moment of the existing Football Department Todd is the Only one that I believe can do this. Let Todd take them to face Carlton, it will change the atmosphere in the Club rooms, I believe it will change the players response as well as lift a burden of all of them in that are no longer responsible for their coaches Future as that is a issue now past and no longer relevant "

The Administration was left with little or no options for Bailey it is obviously another Humiliating day.

The real question is now who takes over in the Interim, what will be the response of the players

and more to the point

WHO WILL COACH MELBOURNE NEXT YEAR ??????

Also be Interesting if Scully sticks to the claims I heard

No Bailey No Scully

If those claims are true it would now put Scully in a Insedious Position if that is what he honestly believes.

I want people who want to play for Melbourne who have the passion for the Red and The Blue

If he does not have that passion then start doing deals now

If he does have the passion he needs to re sign his contract now.

No need to wait till the end of the season anymore is there???

Might also be a passive aggressive way of telling Scully to take the money and run. That way the club can blame his greed and still maintain the playing group and retain the other (weak pricks) players whose noses may have been put out of joint with the money that Scully would have demanded.

Slightly off topic - And who is to say that the comments by Schwab last week about having the money to match GWSs offer might prove to be the straw that breaks his back also ...

Sources are saying:

What a rabble. Senior players can f*** off and worry about getting a kick. Let Jimmy and the board sort the rest out.

A very dark day for our club. Yes I agree he had to go but surely he will not be alone. Who knows if the truth behind the rumoured mid week player/admin meetings will ever see the light of day, but just like the players pee heart efforts y'day, this whole debacle stinks to high heaven. Every one of our senior players who wore our beloved jumper y'day make me feel sick in the guts tonight. Thanks for your efforts Dean. My thoughts are with you and your family tonight.

So has CS been sacked with CC.

I have also heard the same rumour that the players have a problem with CS.

- ive heard nothing from my sources to say that they have... but it was on before the bounce ( i think it was that show/) that they have been..

i will take my source for their word.. so i believe CS and CC are staying atleast until seasons end

he had to go.the effort on saturday was a disgrace.they keep saying that melbourne is an up and coming team.how many times have i heard that before.its about time we got a coach with a bit of mongrel.an established coach who wont much around.someone like malthouse would be ideal at melbourne.i have seen so many times when melbourne has had the makings of a good team instead of taking the next step forward we slide back into obscurity.its been a long time since we won a premiourship and will be awhile still before the flag is raised again.you can call me bitter but i have enough of falling short when we have had a chance of great things.

I really don't understand the hate for Bailey and smart-arse comments toward his future. Here is a bloke who walked into a rabble and built a list which we have today... a list that a lot of you talk about as '2014 premiers'. He had a set plan when he walked into the club, and stuck by it all the way up until yesterday. He didn't waiver from his commitment to build from the ground up, he has developed a list that should be a contender in a few seasons, he put the list ahead of himself. He could quite easily have kept list-cloggers and traded in quick-fixes, yet he didn't.

As embarrassed as I am about our performance yesterday, I am nowhere near embarrassed about that as I am of some of our supporters. Some of you are a disgrace! I go to the footy and sit in my seat week in-week out and just shake my head at some of you. How some of you can rejoice at a bloke losing his job is beyond me! How some of you could throw your scarf in the bintIs beyond me too. We don't want you as 'supporters'... by all means, please, microwave your membership so I and other supporters don't have to put up with your crap every week. Also, whilst you're at it, please cancel your registration to this website. Thanks.

That list lost by 186 points. Someone has to be held accountable. If it's not the coach, why do we even have head coaches then?

Besides his floored game plan (total lack of forward pressure) I think Bails will concede he backed the wrong horse as captain. Green has been the other big failure of the year, I still can't shake that image of him playing against Adeialde when he snubbed Bate on the joe the goose handball. Bate had been out of the side for weeks and needed a confidence boost. A real leader seizes the opportunity to lift those around him - Greeny just wanted the goal.

Does Leigh Matthews want to coach again?

No, no, no. Past it.

On another note I feel that this is a sad chapter in the history of the MFC. Yes, given the way things have panned out it was inevitable but I do feel for Bailey and the club at the moment. No one wants to see this happen to any club especially your own club, but I hope that this will finally be the darkest hour before dawn.

I posted this on another thread

"Bailey MUST NOT be allowed to coach this weekend, for the very simple reason, with Bailey gone Phscologically the players will be able to take a deep breath say to themselves well that was the old now in with the new the door is open lets start afresh lets wipe the slate clean.

Obviously this requires a Interim coach a person that nows about toughness, and has pride in the club. At the moment of the existing Football Department Todd is the Only one that I believe can do this. Let Todd take them to face Carlton, it will change the atmosphere in the Club rooms, I believe it will change the players response as well as lift a burden of all of them in that are no longer responsible for their coaches Future as that is a issue now past and no longer relevant "

The Administration was left with little or no options for Bailey it is obviously another Humiliating day.

The real question is now who takes over in the Interim, what will be the response of the players

and more to the point

WHO WILL COACH MELBOURNE NEXT YEAR ??????

Also be Interesting if Scully sticks to the claims I heard

No Bailey No Scully

If those claims are true it would now put Scully in a Insedious Position if that is what he honestly believes.

I want people who want to play for Melbourne who have the passion for the Red and The Blue

If he does not have that passion then start doing deals now

If he does have the passion he needs to re sign his contract now.

No need to wait till the end of the season anymore is there???

The Scully thing is a burnt-out non issue.

I'm not sure Matthews is cut out for coaching these days, given his lack of focus on tactics.

Yeah, he's got Alzheimer's & Parkinson's as well, not to mention suffering from concussion syndrome.

Oh, and he's too 'Old'. & he's ugly as well. Yeah, scrap him.

Being tough is not enough.

Sad day.

I suspect there's a few more to come.

This list doesn't have the balls or backbone to turn it all around overnight, unfortunately at the moment we're about 21 McKenzies short of a picnic.

We need a captain that inspires - some aggro players that want to win at all costs - and a coach that makes them all tough as nails. NO EXCEPTIONS.

From now on we have to be a club that stands for something. Finally let your demon out FFS.

:lol:

Odd timing; 20+ mins after DB was reportedly told it was over.

I imagine Green, given he is captain, would have been contacted fairly quickly.

The AFL website is reporting that three news sources say the sacking has happened; but they are not so sure as to confirm it themselves.

Maybe he wasn't convinced a decision had been made, and maybe the tweet was a plea for clemency ... or look like that.

Who the [censored] knows ...

Edited by caddypgt