• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom Scully

It is funny the whole Bruce thing, we retired McDonald to make a spot on the VL for Brad Green, if the club knew Cam Bruce was leaving McDonald would have been playing at our club this year. Bruce cost McDonald his spot at the MFC.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite frankly if I were Stynes...( and I fully accept Imnot..and many of you are glad ) but if i were in his position.. Id be asking the young lad to dinner. Id ask him to look me in the eyes and be utterly truthful. The time for gmaes and subtefuge is over. "Whats happening?" Forget this ruse of a inferred timeline. That only has one purpose and thats to facilitate some alternative agenda.

If he couldnt look Jimma in the eyes and say "Im staying, we just need to sort some niiggles out " then the reality is hes going.

and...

If hes going..then Id adopt the stance Roos voiced ages ago ( and I concurred ) that he not be played for the rest of the season...period. why would you.

Its time to push all the bullsh!t aside and demand.. Youre either with us...or agin us > Theres no in between.

Well, it's good you're not the President because Tom would just say - I will decide in September like he has always said.

The rest is just classic George

Quite frankly if I were Stynes...( and I fully accept Imnot..and many of you are glad ) but if i were in his position.. Id be asking the young lad to dinner. Id ask him to look me in the eyes and be utterly truthful. The time for gmaes and subtefuge is over. "Whats happening?" Forget this ruse of a inferred timeline. That only has one purpose and thats to facilitate some alternative agenda.

If he couldnt look Jimma in the eyes and say "Im staying, we just need to sort some niiggles out " then the reality is hes going.

Didn't Jimma do exactly that in May ? How many times do we want to have the same conversation with him ?( I'm guessing everytime a new story hits the back pages)- To be frank I am not that confident either - I guess all the unfounded rumour, scuttlebutt, unattributed sources and innuendo is starting to wear me down. But here is what I am going to suggest to the club - talk with his management and see if there are "clauses" in the contract they arent happy with ( I think the best money has been put on the table) that can be negotiated out and keep selling the dream and then what will be will be. No ultimatums, no sign now or go to Casey - just keep giving the boy good reasons to stay.

Didn't Jimma do exactly that in May ? How many times do we want to have the same conversation with him ?( I'm guessing everytime a new story hits the back pages)- To be frank I am not that confident either - I guess all the unfounded rumour, scuttlebutt, unattributed sources and innuendo is starting to wear me down. But here is what I am going to suggest to the club - talk with his management and see if there are "clauses" in the contract they arent happy with ( I think the best money has been put on the table) that can be negotiated out and keep selling the dream and then what will be will be. No ultimatums, no sign now or go to Casey - just keep giving the boy good reasons to stay.

lol...seriously...what ...you DONT think this might have already been done....( and dusted ) ffs..Honestly

This club needs to shows some backbone... its being toyed with and dictated to by a kid..

No wonder other ( clubs and supporters ) think weere soft. This needs to be put to bed. By the club..on its terms..simple.

No wonder other ( clubs and supporters ) think weere soft. This needs to be put to bed. By the club..on its terms..simple.

Contract negotiations with Tom Scully is not the reason other clubs think we are soft.

lol

Other clubs think we are soft because we are happy to coast along with moderate success llike we did under Daniher, because when we play big games in the past 15 years we usually wilt to a pathetic level, because we love to play an outside style of 'bruise free' footy, because we love to recruit great exponents of that 'bruise free' footy (Bruce, White, Yze and Green etc), because we turn up to games utterly convinced we can't win and are satisfied to get close, because...I really could go on.

We have been a joke, I think a while longer than many fans would think.

That is why the general football public see us in such a poor light, not because of a 20 year old exercising his right to delay contract talks.

I like the optimism here, and I'm sure some of you know more about the situation than I do.

That said, I am personally confident he will be leaving. I hear about other clubs resigning players, and one that comes to mind now is Rioli at Hawthorn. Rioli said on the radio he was happy to get it done and out of the way so he could focus on footy.

But with Scully, he says he wants to push it off until the end of the year so he can focus on footy. I don't understand that. I know that he has to weigh up two option, but they're on the table now. If he was staying at Melbourne, he'd have re-signed now. That's just how I see it.

Nothing against him if he leaves. If he goes, that's 2 first round picks, plus extra cap room. 600k for a player of his stature is severely over-paying. Severely.

Well put Cudi, except for the bit where you think some on here know more than you about it. None of us know anything, that's why the conjecture keeps flying around. He is not, at the moment anyway, worth 600k. He has limitations to his game, no question, and as a physiotherapist, I can tell you his history of patellar fracture and subsequent joint surface reaction (earlier this year) is reason for serious pause. I would suggest that our future premiership midfield stocks still look very rosy WITHOUT Scully, and 2 first round draft picks would be very welcome to take as is, or use as trade to address other weaknesses.

I'm now 70-30 in favour of him going ;)

Where are the weekly Dale Thomas stories? He hasn't re-signed yet and surely him leaving the Pies would be a much bigger story? Will there be weekly Pendlebury stories next year? Or is the media too scared to get Fat Eddie offside?

+1

Good post.

Well put Cudi, except for the bit where you think some on here know more than you about it. None of us know anything, that's why the conjecture keeps flying around. He is not, at the moment anyway, worth 600k. He has limitations to his game, no question, and as a physiotherapist, I can tell you his history of patellar fracture and subsequent joint surface reaction (earlier this year) is reason for serious pause. I would suggest that our future premiership midfield stocks still look very rosy WITHOUT Scully, and 2 first round draft picks would be very welcome to take as is, or use as trade to address other weaknesses.

I'm now 70-30 in favour of him going ;)

A top 3 pick is worth more than two first round picks.

That is a definitive fact considering that we turned down a port offer of picks 8 and 9 for the pick that got us Trengove.

Evidently the club didn't think that the picks that got John Butcher and Andrew Moore didn't equal the pick that got Jack Trengove.

They were right and they are still right.

I hope that we can trade those picks we get, if Tom leaves, for a commensurate talent.

Where are the weekly Dale Thomas stories? He hasn't re-signed yet and surely him leaving the Pies would be a much bigger story? Will there be weekly Pendlebury stories next year? Or is the media too scared to get Fat Eddie offside?

Because GWS are feeding the frenzy until they cut Tom loose. Then they will start putting out the Daisy's plucked stories.

So maybe this highly skilled journo has some extra information gained through hacking Tom's phone? How else does he get this info? If they hack a dead girls phone then why wouldn't they? Just a Conspiracy theory of mine . Don't believe THE HUN hype .It's a gutter rag of lazy ,inacurate drivel .Much like this thread .

BTW - we had no choice but to get rid of J.MAC and Ken Bruce ,i.e give them sh$t sandwiches .

At least we didn't do it by halves FFS .

and as far as TS is concerned ,I really don't care anymore because it's entirely his choice now .

Contract negotiations with Tom Scully is not the reason other clubs think we are soft.

lol

Other clubs think we are soft because we are happy to coast along with moderate success llike we did under Daniher, because when we play big games in the past 15 years we usually wilt to a pathetic level, because we love to play an outside style of 'bruise free' footy, because we love to recruit great exponents of that 'bruise free' footy (Bruce, White, Yze and Green etc), because we turn up to games utterly convinced we can't win and are satisfied to get close, because...I really could go on.

We have been a joke, I think a while longer than many fans would think.

That is why the general football public see us in such a poor light, not because of a 20 year old exercising his right to delay contract talks.

I actually agrre with most of that.. but I would respectfully add its the nature of the way weve gone about things... and your summation of some on filed woes is warranted, for sure. I suggest it also goes to off field handlngs too.. We buugered up teh Bruce thing. which may or may not have cost us Jnr. Wil we ever really know ..*sigh*. In my opinion were buggering this up too.

Yes, I have no problem with young Tom saying , originally , and possibly with reason(s), lets wait til eos. But its all changed. So much has come to light that the club, I feel , is well within its mandate to make the call. EOS, no good. We all know whats on the table.. theres nothing that cant be ironed out now, if thewre are concerns. We as a club have more issues and players to deal with and get organised. Well?? How is it ??

Tom Scully, clever lad ( cleverer management) has the club spinnig on his litlel finger...well quite honestly...F%$# THAT !!

The club cannot be seen to allow anyone hold it to ransom.. otherwise, the next kid and the next one are going to think, monkey see, monkey do... Thats what I'll do.

This fire needs to be put out....and now

Because GWS are feeding the frenzy until they cut Tom loose. Then they will start putting out the Daisy's plucked stories.

Collingwoods turn will come for sure. Very VERY newsworthy.

There is no nice way to tap a veteran on the shoulder after a career of service

and there is no nice way to say goodbye to a young gun .

Does anyone know if we get Patton if TS does go?

That would be nice .

Guest The Tweed Pig

It's almost like "we'll give you the back page Jay, but for God sake pack a bit of punch and bring a new angle, ok?". Poor Jay. He struggled with the brief. "Tensions" in the playing group? Get a kick Cale. Shave the mo Lynden. And pack your bags Matty.

Caroline Wilson also stated some weeks back that Scully had some concerns with the footy admin, so there does seem to be a continuing theme here. This may or may not be true, but like many I'm just about over the whole saga. I've gone from feeling sick 3 months ago at the thought of him leaving to "make a decision ****, you have a great offer from the MFC and if you don't see your future here then [censored] off".

Scully will be a very good footballer and possibly a star, although he needs to work on his kicking and disposal under pressure, which I'm sure he will, but with Viney plus two first round draft picks as compensation it is far from doom and gloom. We will be a terrific side with or without Scully.

Scully can stop this speculation, which surely doesn't help him, or the club, but he's choosing not to. I don't believe he's signed, but I do read something into the silence. I've no doubt that his management wants him to go, but the choice will be his. I'm becoming ambivalent about his decision, but I am keen to consign it to history

The club cannot be seen to allow anyone hold it to ransom.

Ransom requires negotiation.

We have given our best offer, it won't change because we cannot afford any more.

It isn't ransom.

As I have said before, Harrington can plan on Scully being on the $3m over 5 (or around that mark) and move on because it is either going to be that, or he is going to have an extra $600k if he leaves.

For me, a big club with some self-confidence wouldn't let the negotiations with any talent distract them the way you think it is distracting us.

We have made our offer, it will accepted or not accepted - move on.

I hope he stays - it will be good for the group's sense of unity and pursuing their goals together, and it will be a feather in the club's cap to hang on to a player when the experts (inverted commas) say he is gone, gone, GONE.

But I am less worried about losing him than I was since we learned of two first round draft picks as compensation although it's not clear where these will be. If at the end of the first round, then it's not such great compensation at all.

Nah, the thing that has eased my concern has been Scull's continuing problems with disposal under pressure, and those knees which already seem a bit creaky. I know Judd had dodgy shoulders before he was drafted, and now takes the field looking like Tutankahmen, but knees are seriously hard to nurse.

So if he goes, he goes, and welcome young Viney.

If he stays, fantastic, shove that sideways, Mike.

For me, a big club with some self-confidence wouldn't let the negotiations with any talent distract them the way you think it is distracting us.

I have seen very little evidence that the issue is distracting the club itself. The supporters are another matter.

lol...seriously...what ...you DONT think this might have already been done....( and dusted ) ffs..Honestly

This club needs to shows some backbone... its being toyed with and dictated to by a kid..

Interesting you pick on a line that suggests continued negotiations yet you dont address the suggestion you made of Jimmy having yet another talk with Tom - actually maybe Jimmy should really get organised and ask the HS for a calendar of when they are going to put another story on Tom in its paper so Jimmy can schedule meeting going forward Tom to ask the same old question every time a story appears.

So on your suggestion that Jimmy have a talk with Tom I will respond - lol...seriously...what ...you DONT think this might have already been done....( and dusted ) ffs..Honestly

Edited by nutbean

I have a sneaky suspicion TS won't be playing this week.

When did you formulate this decision? When he was subbed out of the game and went to the rooms for treatment? Genius!

Interesting you pick on a line that suggests continued negotiations yet you dont address the suggestion you made of Jimmy having yet another talk with Tom - actually maybe Jimmy should really get organised and ask the HS for a calendar of when they are going to put another story on Tom in its paper so Jimmy can schedule meeting going forward Tom to ask the same old question every time a story appears.

So on your suggestion that Jimmy have a talk with Tom I will respond - lol...seriously...what ...you DONT think this might have already been done....( and dusted ) ffs..Honestly

The notion its done and dusted from teh GWS/Velocity?Scully side of things does NOT address the notion that teh Club might need to bring this to a head. Theres two sides to a coin.. Only one side actually knows for sure whats happening..and thats teh Scully camp.. Melbournne needs to know..Thats where a Jimma/Scully contretemps ( of sorts) needs to arise.

What if... just what if Scully has signed.. and part of that is a non -disclosure clause ? Would explain much of whats transpired..

Melbourne's being had.

The thing that rankles me the most is that players from other recently successful clubs (Geelong & Brisbane come to mind) have made a "pact" of sorts amongst the playing group that they would take a pay cut to hold the team together to try and achieve the ultimate success.

On the other hand we have a kid here barely out of high school unsure whether being the highest paid player at the club is enough?

I guess what it really comes down to is what is it that motivates the kid? Is it making a career out of footy and maximising his earning potential? Or is it playing in premierships and etching his name in history as a great fo the MFC? The longer this goes on I think it is the former and not the latter.