The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

3 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Interesting article in this morning's Age. 

I am now nominating our own dc to mount a campaign to have Borewood renamed Ballyshannassy.

I'll chip in 20 cents.

*ballyshanassy

thanks, uncle. always knew we could count on your manorial generosity. we want more than just a rename but, we want a un observer recognition acknowledging our unique culture.

did you know that ballyshanassy is a local aboriginal word meaning "meeting place"?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, daisycutter said:

*ballyshanassy did you know that ballyshanassy is a local aboriginal word meaning "meeting place"?

It is Irish, place of John O’Shanassy who was an Irish born settler and twice Victoria’s premier.

Edited by demosaw
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

3 hours ago, daisycutter said:

*ballyshanassy

thanks, uncle. always knew we could count on your manorial generosity. we want more than just a rename but, we want a un observer recognition acknowledging our unique culture.

did you know that ballyshanassy is a local aboriginal word meaning "meeting place"?

Thank you for that gem of cultural insight dc.

And ... speaking of sacred sites. I note that your old hunting ground, the Borewood Tennis Club, is now in Glen Iris!!

That must cut an old Borewoodian rather painfully .

16 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Thank you for that gem of cultural insight dc.

And ... speaking of sacred sites. I note that your old hunting ground, the Borewood Tennis Club, is now in Glen Iris!!

That must cut an old Borewoodian rather painfully .

nah, i'm still very welcome there on ladies cup events, even though it feels like i'm slumming

On 11/05/2024 at 14:58, daisycutter said:

nah, i'm still very welcome there on ladies cup events, even though it feels like i'm slumming

Do they do a Devonshire Tea there?

13 hours ago, Redleg said:

Do they do a Devonshire Tea there?

cafe brule and cucumber sandwiches, mr leg.  if you want devonshire tea you need to visit the villages around mt dandenong or mt macedon.

On 09/05/2024 at 17:05, Bitter but optimistic said:

IMG_8028.thumb.jpeg.1af8a14f69a4270c36ef775fdc0659ce.jpegYou will have to share with the Manor’s ever alert attack dogs 

This is my attack “dog”…

6BFB69B2-3DAD-4337-AE50-F169C21D2E59.thumb.jpeg.4ab823b1ed0e51ccdfdb18054070f3b6.jpeg

Yes, she’s a chicken but no one’s successfully invading my house anytime soon. If a stranger approaches her she lets out an otherworldly scream the likes of which can only be heard during a messy murder. Her name is Rooey and she loves cuddles and having her wattles tickled. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Shocked 2

2 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I think dc's visits to that worthy establishment have a more carnivorous intent Red!

Think I prefer the scones with cream and jam and a nice hot cup of tea to wash it all down.

"Essendon 3rd on the ladder is like seeing an elephant sitting in a tree. You don't know how they got there but they're gonna come crashing down"

- SEN this morning

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

There's an element to this thread's title referencing No Bull$..

How about taking the politics to the General Forum

Just asking for a friend 

On 13/05/2024 at 11:26, Redleg said:

Think I prefer the scones with cream and jam and a nice hot cup of tea to wash it all down.

Sconnes with cream and jam, oh, scohnes with jam and cream?

Posted (edited)
On 13/05/2024 at 11:26, Redleg said:

Talking of scones has made me think about biscuits, strange isn't it?

My favourite biscuit is the Anzac.  Just love them.

I am sure we will soon here from the tim tam lovers.

Wonder if Uncle Bitters is an iced vo vo fan.

Edited by Redleg
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Redleg said:

Talking of scones has made me think about biscuits, strange isn't it?

My favourite biscuit is the Anzac.  Just love them.

I am sure we will soon here from the tim tam lovers.

Wonder if Uncle Bitters is an iced vo vo fan.

Tim tams.... mmmmmmm.....

• Love 1

One has only so many hours in a day, so one's visits to No T$ No B$ are sporadic.

The new vistas each time are enchanting.

Though oddly disturbing in equal measure...

• Haha 1

They can put a man on the moon etc...

In this age of technological advancement in every facet of life we have driverless cars, 3D printers, robots performing surgery, we’ve landed a vehicle on Mars, the list goes on, and on and on. Why, then, can we not have interviews on TV via satellite WITHOUT that annoying 5-second delay?!?! It’s 2024, not 1954. Surely some boffin or other can figure out a way to do it.

PS: my favourite biscuit is the Tim Tam, but not any old Tim Tam, I love the ‘Chewy Caramel’ variety, in particular. 

13 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

In this age of technological advancement in every facet of life we have driverless cars, 3D printers, robots performing surgery, we’ve landed a vehicle on Mars, the list goes on, and on and on. Why, then, can we not have interviews on TV via satellite WITHOUT that annoying 5-second delay?!?! It’s 2024, not 1954. Surely some boffin or other can figure out a way to do it.

PS: my favourite biscuit is the Tim Tam, but not any old Tim Tam, I love the ‘Chewy Caramel’ variety, in particular. 

Oh.

Yeah.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

One has only so many hours in a day, so one's visits to No T$ No B$ are sporadic.

The new vistas each time are enchanting.

Though oddly disturbing in equal measure...

That's strange, because I had the "Don't Disturb" sign up.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

You obviously don't have false teeth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

Oh.

Yeah.

*Five seconds later*

amirite??? 

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

*Five seconds later*

amirite??? 

You miiiiight be?...

🤔

21 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

IMG_8057.thumb.jpeg.1d47ea395827d5bb5126c2b454f5cccc.jpegTry these feckers from Ireland 

When I see the word Mikado I think of Gilbert and Sullivan and of course Japan.

As the biscuit appears to be called Elite and Chocolate Mikado is the flavour, I wonder what other flavours they come in.

Silver Sake.  Strawberry Sashimi.  Neapolitan NiNgiri. Tangerine Tempura. Lemon Yellow Yakitori. Raspberry Ramen. Nectarine Nasu Dengaku.  Uncle's Udon.

• Like 1