Tom Scully

Rogue

Ok Binman i wont quote the whole post but i feel sorry for you if you think that Scully will end up at Collingwood, i cant see it happening in anyway shape or form.

Also Thomas is un-contracted isnt he so GWS would just take him... they arnt going to be nice to Collingwood by any stretch

Also that Twitter guy who said his friend knew about Travis Tucks strikes, i dont know, my impression was that not even Andrew Demetrui knew about the strikes until three had been hit...maybe im very wrong here

I will also point out that alot of people have come and gone, the previous fad was the "Scully has already signed 100% pen on paper signed" they cant say this now, so other crap is coming out, some people need attention and chronically lie, this is the impression i get from people who claim they have a mate in the know etc

Tom hasnt and wont sign until post season end rant

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/scully-worth-an-ablett-afl-20110712-1hc91.html

"MELBOURNE would definitely be entitled to Gary Ablett-level special compensation were Tom Scully to accept Greater Western Sydney's written offer to join it on a lucrative, five-year deal, AFL football operations manager Adrian Anderson confirmed yesterday."

No need to lobby the AFL for special compo if Scully leaves, as Schwab and others have said it was already in the rules. Still not ideal but it's hard to ask for more than Geelong got for Ablett imo.

I think the club has handled this whole saga very well, and now, with this confirmation from Anderson, I'm confident about our future either way.

I love watching Tom play in the red and blue and would love for him to stay. I think at worst he'll be an A grader who sets a standard for commitment, work ethic and professionalism at whichever club he plays for the next 10 years.

If he goes it sets our window back a bit but it might make us better off long term. I know it's a long way off but there's already talk that 2012 could be another superdraft. We could potentially end up with 3 top 20 picks in a very strong draft.

But for now a Scully on the list is worth two in the draft.

Not that I want him to go , but who are the top picks in the 2012 draft?

We can only control what we can control so it would be wise to look at the yearlings coming through the sale yards if we have to let go of Tom Scully.

I think we should get 2 top 5 picks for him minimum .

Melbourne have been professional during this ordeal and that's the best we can hope for as fans .

Clearly some untruths being spoken there by Blucher. Still in negotiations such as these only a few will be privy to the facts...and they are basically real estate agents for people.

And now Eddie "The Chins" McGuire weighs in on the 'compensation issue' ...

http://www.heraldsun...o-1226093538857

I will take more heat for this but I don't really care, because to me it is very clear what is going on here.

You are a mug if you think everyone is being totally above board with what happened yesterday. To me, Cameron Schwab's

appearance on the Ox's show was carefully orchestrated and he knew exactly what would would happen because of it.

The debate would start raging over compensation in the event Scully leaves. Enter Eddie McGuire and here we go.

Peter Blucher says, straight faced, says that he's notified Tom of GWS's offer but Tom didn't want to know what it is.

If you believe that then you believe in the Easter bunny.

Wake up people!

Edited by Range Rover

Moving past the Collingwood nonsense - HO007 has said it's not a chance so that tells you everything...

Now we have the outside the club 'just let him go because you're not supposed to have nice things' brigade has started up with Martin Blake doing a great job of making The Age look like the Hun.

We should take the picks and be done with this.

What a pathetic defeatist attitude.

We have got to the point where we have confirmed he isn't committed to GWS and immediately people are telling us to 'not bother anyway.'

What do we do when the other talented youngsters get targeted? Just let it happen?

We will sign him for a contract that we can afford and we will do it again for Trengove, and we will encourage our connections to get involved with 'legal' 3rd party deals, and we will put on our big boy pants - do what the big clubs do and keep our talent.

Whenever someone says to you "just let him go" you say "listen you condescending [censored], big clubs fight for their talent and that's where we want to be so go write another story about someting you have on 'good authority.'"

Edited by rpfc

Moving past the Collingwood nonsense - HO007 has said it's not a chance so that tells you everything...

Now we have the outside the club 'just let him go because you're not supposed to have nice things' brigade has started up with Martin Blake doing a great job of making The Age look like the Hun.

We should take the picks and be done with this.

What a pathetic defeatist attitude.

We have got to the point where we have confirmed he isn't committed to GWS and immediately people are telling us to 'not bother anyway.'

What do we do when the other talented youngsters get targeted? Just let it happen?

We will sign him for a contract that we can afford and we will do it again for Trengove, and we will encourage our connections to get involved with 'legal' 3rd party deals, and we will put on our big boy pants - do what the big clubs do and keep our talent.

Whenever someone says to you "just let him go" you say "listen you condescending [censored], big clubs fight for their talent and that's where we want to be so go write another story about someting you have on 'good authority.'"

i said i was gunna try to not open this thread again but i think im hooked... Anyway RPFC i love your attitude mate you sound like the sort of bloke i would like to have a beer with! We need more supporters with a bit of you know what about them!

And now Eddie "The Chins" McGuire weighs in on the 'compensation issue' ...

http://www.heraldsun...o-1226093538857

I will take more heat for this but I don't really care, because to me it is very clear what is going on here.

You are a mug if you think everyone is being totally above board with what happened yesterday. To me, Cameron Schwab's

appearance on the Ox's show was carefully orchestrated and he knew exactly what would would happen because of it.

The debate would start raging over compensation in the event Scully leaves. Enter Eddie McGuire and here we go.

Peter Blucher says, straight faced, says that he's notified Tom of GWS's offer but Tom didn't want to know what it is.

If you believe that then you believe in the Easter bunny.

Wake up people!

Why bother mentioning that article in that post?

And stipulate what you think people are not saying - I'm assuming that's what you mean by the 'above board' comment.

I see you have mentioned Tom 'has not seen the details of the GWS offer' as a lie from Blucher. I would say, 'so what?'

He sees the contract. What is so great about that? He has to see both and make his decision at some point. Who cares if it happened three days ago or in September?

my issue with what Blucher said on 6PR last night is that they are still saying that a decision won’t and can’t be made until the end of the season?! Reading between the lines, Scully got the generous offer from MFC and was in a position to sign there and then, but Velocity wanted to give GWS a chance to formalise an offer – so that they can say they have considered all options and did their best by their client which I understand. But nothing will change between now and the end of the season. Bastanac said that he thinks Scully has already made up his mind and i’m sure Scully himself would would know whether he wanted to live in Melbourne or Blacktown next year? The only things achieved by holding off on a decision is further speculation, damage to Scullys reputation (presumably unfairly), and more pressure on the club?

It might actually be a blessing if he does go to GWS, because I can’t see how team harmony can be achieved when a 3rd year player is the highest paid player on the list? Sure young guys like Trengove, Gysberts and Watts may be able to handle getting less money for a few years, but what are guys like Jamar, Sylvia, Davey, Beamer etc going to think? We’re already spending the majority of our salary cap and if we keep scully on the reported figures I cant see us being able to keep our list in tact anyway?

Guest fitness

Velocity wanted to give GWS a chance to formalise an offer – so that they can say they have considered all options and did their best by their client which I understand.

They might think they are doing their best by their client in a financial sense, but they are also showing they have little regard for the person, by allowing it to drag along and advising Tom to wait till the end of the season. If I were Tom I'd ditch these blokes immediately and get new management.

Guest hangon007

Thanks RPFC ... I think. :wacko:

But many once asked how another Victorian club would lure TS. This is one of the very tactics they would use. No recruiting manager in Victoria would be worth his pay if they didn't have a crack.

Lets just hope our "cavalrymen" are many in numbers & have very deep pockets.

Think Velocity Sports are now saying ... "if" any other clubs are interested speak now or forever hold your peace.

However, I'm confident "any other club" will not enter the race till late in the game ... and they will shut their mouths unless in clear they will win.

MFC & GWS have placed their cards on the table ... "any other club" knows what they have to beat. Big question is ... now ... Do they want too?

However, as I said all along ... I hope he chooses us in the end.

Go Dees

my issue with what Blucher said on 6PR last night is that they are still saying that a decision won’t and can’t be made until the end of the season?! Reading between the lines, Scully got the generous offer from MFC and was in a position to sign there and then, but Velocity wanted to give GWS a chance to formalise an offer – so that they can say they have considered all options and did their best by their client which I understand. But nothing will change between now and the end of the season. Bastanac said that he thinks Scully has already made up his mind and i’m sure Scully himself would would know whether he wanted to live in Melbourne or Blacktown next year? The only things achieved by holding off on a decision is further speculation, damage to Scullys reputation (presumably unfairly), and more pressure on the club?

I'm sure that Tom hasn't given it much thought. I know that if I was playing footy and was a s dedicated as Tom - I would be pretty focused on that, whether it be training, recovery, PR engagements, or the endless meetings. Tom has some reservations about signing for the MFC without giving it proper consideration, I'm confident that when he gives all offers proper consideration he will choose to stay.

It might actually be a blessing if he does go to GWS, because I can’t see how team harmony can be achieved when a 3rd year player is the highest paid player on the list? Sure young guys like Trengove, Gysberts and Watts may be able to handle getting less money for a few years, but what are guys like Jamar, Sylvia, Davey, Beamer etc going to think? We’re already spending the majority of our salary cap and if we keep scully on the reported figures I cant see us being able to keep our list in tact anyway?

The players can suck it up, if the numbers are true, he will be well paid and he will be paid that way when he is 25. So it will even out if he becomes what we all hope he becomes. And it is a contract that the club sees as one that doesn't break their wage structure.

We need to keep all the talent we can at the club and having some 'clear the air' sessions with the players on the contracts is a some price to pay to keep said talent.

Why bother mentioning that article in that post?

And stipulate what you think people are not saying - I'm assuming that's what you mean by the 'above board' comment.

I see you have mentioned Tom 'has not seen the details of the GWS offer' as a lie from Blucher. I would say, 'so what?'

He sees the contract. What is so great about that? He has to see both and make his decision at some point. Who cares if it happened three days ago or in September?

He didn't say Tom 'has not seen the details of the GWS offer". He said Tom 'was notified of a substantial offer but didn't want to know the details of it'.

That's different. And if you believe it, you're a mug.

There was a clear agenda to what happened yesterday evening. Schwab spent three quarters of his interview with the Ox defending Scully's character and Blucher did his best to do the same by stressing that Tom did not want to know the details of the contract because he is "focussed solely on the Demons and what is happening now". Nice spin, Peter.

What people are 'not saying', as you put it, is that Melbourne are already resigned to the player leaving and everything you saw yesterday is smoke and mirrors. Melbourne's sole focus now is to get the best possible compensation deal it can and Velocity Sport's focus is to maintain the image and integrity of it's client.

Why did Schwab even need to go on SEN yesterday? Think about that. The only thing his media appearance was going to achieve would be a sh!tstorm of media articles today on the Scully issue.

He knew it. The Ox knew it. And I'd say most football insiders and media people know it as well.

Only the truly naive will continue to refuse to do so.

Edited by Range Rover

He didn't say Tom 'has not seen the details of the GWS offer". He said Tom 'was notified of a substantial offer but didn't want to know the details of it'.

That's different. And if you believe it, you're a mug.

There was a clear agenda to what happened yesterday evening. Schwab spent three quarters of his interview with the Ox defending Scully's character and Blucher did his best to do the same by stressing that Tom did not want to know the details of the contract because he is "focussed solely on the Demons and what is happening now". Nice spin, Peter.

What people are 'not saying', as you put it, is that Melbourne are already resigned to the player leaving and everything you saw yesterday is smoke and mirrors. Melbourne's sole focus now is get the best possible compensation deal it can and Velocity Sport's focus is to maintain the image and integrity of it's client.

Why did Schwab even need to go on SEN yesterday? Think about that. The only thing his media appearance was going to achieve would be a sh!tstorm of media articles today on the Scully issue.

He knew. The Ox knew it. And I'd say most football insiders and media people know it as well.

The truly naive will continue to refuse to do so.

Wow.

Brainstamp.

I will write something when this post sinks in...

Edited by rpfc

Which football environment is seemingly universally regarded as the most professional? Which FD has the biggest budget? Which club will have a a driven coach, great assistants and a gun head of fitness next year? Which club can give him success, both short and long term - and allow him to remain in Melbourne where he has such strong family support? Collingwood. Consequently I reckon there is a very good chance he may end up there.

How? Well he could go into the draft and advise GWS he wants to go Collingwood. Collingwood could then deal directly with GWS and trade for pick number 1. Lets say Thomas and another lower ranked player. Thomas would be exactly the sort of player GWS would love - flashy, talented, media friendly. He could get the big, big pay cheque and the Maggies would have a ten year gun. The maggies could then also afford to pay TS a pretty fair wack, whilst still helping resolve what will become a pretty serious salary cap issue from next year.

GWS can take Thomas for NOTHING as an uncontracted player if he is willing to go there. Why would they trade pick 1 to Collingwood for him when they don't need to? They'll use pick 1 on Coniglio or Patton and take Thomas and Scully as uncontracted players if they can.

I think your Buckley comparison is accurate and I think your reasoning that someone like Tom would want to play in an environment like Collingwood is possible, but even if this was true there is no believable way he can get there.

From the Ox's Twitter ...

gnaight ben davids @TheOx05 obviously you were totally wrong on the scully situation as he has only just gotten the offer. Do the club a favor and shut up!

TheOx05 David Schwarz @ @gnaight don't be so naive he got the offer last October.

Schwarz is quite clearly implying Scully lied at his press conference. If you put any credence in this information you are too.

Guest The Tweed Pig

From the Ox's Twitter ...

gnaight ben davids @TheOx05 obviously you were totally wrong on the scully situation as he has only just gotten the offer. Do the club a favor and shut up!

TheOx05 David Schwarz @ @gnaight don't be so naive he got the offer last October.

Do you believe he got the offer last October?

Edited by The Tweed Pig

Schwarz is quite clearly implying Scully lied at his press conference. If you put any credence in this information you are too.

Exactly, we're back to calling Scully a liar again. The fun never stops.

Why did Schwab even need to go on SEN yesterday? Think about that.

He went on to support Tom and highlight that Tom was vindicated in telling the truth since day dot of his press conference - that he hadn't spoken or signed anything from GWS.

It's important in proceedings and it shows that Tom has great character and isn't a liar. Given recent offer events.

Unfortunately, those neanderthals chose to believe the gutter journalism that exists in AFL here. The kind that spruik over $7 Million over 6 years and lead to 98% sure statements and feed the "Oh Noes" campaigners.

Think about that.

Huge flaw with your post is I doubt Collingwood would swap Thomas for Scully. If I could choose right now which player I want at Melbourne for the next five years it would be Thomas.

Scully has potential, but also flaws. Thomas is a proven gun. Why would Collingwood get rid of a young great player in Thomas for a young potentially great player in Scully????

What about Scully to GWS, two 1st round picks to Collingwood, Malthouse and Thomas to MFC?

The offer from GWS is a joke, who in their right mind would pay 5 millon gorrilla's to a second year player with no media skills to sell a new club, not to mention missed 9 games with knee soreness.

With a name like Ablett I can understand, two time premiership player, brownlow medalist, biggest surname the game has produced and a hot misses.

Don't be suprised if is all just smoke being generated out of Planet Eddie's keyhole. He is a master of all things media and the more mud he can throw at MFC and Tom Scully the more attention it will take away from Dale Thomas and Mick Malthouse leaving Collingwood and disrupting this years finals run!

Go Dee's!