Tom Scully

Rogue

Quick word of warning here, DemonWA - despite that you appear to love the Dees and you appear to be posting your views in good faith, your view appears slightly contrary to the poster-boy view of the world espoused by the open-minded thinker that is "hardtrack". I expect that, if you persist in expressing such contrarian views, he will call for you to be banned from this website ... for life (refer to previous posts by "hardtrack" on this thread). It matters not that GWS may have expressed similar views to a national television audience or that every major newspaper has also reported such things. Apparently it is all clearly humbug and to simply proffer a similar view here is the height of blasphemy.

The one fact I take from this thread is that no one really has any idea what Scully will ultimately do at the end of this season ... except "hardtrack", that is.

As an aside, I hope Scully re-signs with the Demons at season's end. However, I think the GWS threat is real and I suspect we will have plenty more sleepless nights before we know whether we've secured his signature or not.

My challenge to you RB... find one post where I have called for a poster to be banned, let alone banned for life... if you can I shall make a very public apology and if you cannot, I will expect you to do the same. Oh, and let me suggest you start by looking at post #440 on Page 11 of this thread to help you get a clue - the clock is ticking.

Edited by hardtack

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He got his name wrong.

Find the hidden gem in this post to win a prize!

I would think the hidden gem is that RB got his target wrong - I think he never recovered from my referencing him as the Wanchorman.

Hardtack, I owe you two apologies.

First, you are correct on not calling for me to be banned. You simply defamed me. It was the enlightened man that is "Thomo" that called for my banning - seemingly for merely reporting a Tom Scully related matter (that he found disagreeable) on this thread. Having now re-read the relevant section of this thread, it strikes me as odd that "Thomo" would call for my banning. Ironic really.

Second, apologies for not spelling your name correctly. I see that it is hardtack, not "hardtrack".

Hardtack, I owe you two apologies.

First, you are correct on not calling for me to be banned. You simply defamed me. It was the enlightened man that is "Thomo" that called for my banning - seemingly for merely reporting a Tom Scully related matter (that he found disagreeable) on this thread. Having now re-read the relevant section of this thread, it strikes me as odd that "Thomo" would call for my banning. Ironic really.

Second, apologies for not spelling your name correctly. I see that it is hardtack, not "hardtrack".

Accepted (although I do find it hard to see how comments can be considered defamatory when they are directed at a fictional character ;) )

The Huns' Mark Stevens just announced on Triple M's pre-game show that he is now certain Tom Scully has agreed to go to GW$.

Said that 'multiple', 'impeccable' sources have left him in no doubt.

He said if David Schwarz is 98% sure, he is more sure than that.

Heard that - Stevens said that if Schwartz was 98% sure, he is 99.5% sure that it's a done deal. Which means if true that Tom has lied directly to the media on numerous occasions. Stevens' sources are apparently 'impeccable'.

It makes sense if you think about it - Melbourne surely would have put their absolute best offer to Scully's management. If Tom doesn't accept that offer now, why would he in the future? Surely not under the guise of 'we have always maintained we will wait until the end of the season' - in the current circumstances and amdist all this negative speculation, I'm sure that if Tom were going to sign with Melbourne his management would advise him to do so ASAP, on two grounds- firstly, there would be no point holding out for a better offer if Melbourne had put their best offer on the table and secondly it would put to bed any negative GWS innuendo.

Hate saying this, but for the first time since this arose I'm resigned to Tom leaving.

Anyone beginning to not give a stuff anymore? As far as i'm concerned, if he is still here next year it's just a huge bonus. My thoughts about next years team don't involve him. I haven't really 'fallen in love' with him as a player unlike others of similar age (Trengove!).

We'll get good picks in exchange for him, and Viney too. Could potentially take another two top 10 picks in the '12 draft. It delays us a bit but it aint all doom and gloom if he goes.

Guest hangon007

The Huns' Mark Stevens just announced on Triple M's pre-game show that he is now certain Tom Scully has agreed to go to GW$.

Said that 'multiple', 'impeccable' sources have left him in no doubt.

He said if David Schwarz is 98% sure, he is more sure than that.

Did he name those "sources"?

Did he name those "sources"?

they never do and never will. it protects their "sources" reputation and if the reporter gets it wrong they just say my "source" gave me a false lead

Anyone beginning to not give a stuff anymore? As far as i'm concerned, if he is still here next year it's just a huge bonus. My thoughts about next years team don't involve him. I haven't really 'fallen in love' with him as a player unlike others of similar age (Trengove!).

We'll get good picks in exchange for him, and Viney too. Could potentially take another two top 10 picks in the '12 draft. It delays us a bit but it aint all doom and gloom if he goes.

This. All this Scully situation does is intensify my absolute man-love for Trengove and his attitude towards the MFC. I love it. And Jordie Mckenzie too- offered a 3 year deal at the Crows whilst still on our rookie list and wanted to stay at the Dees. And Chip Frawley- signed a 4 year deal. These are the guys that I love to watch, because I know that they're genuinely passionate and have a vested interest in the success of the MFC.

And I think that if Scully were to go, and I hope he doesn't but think he will, that it steels our boy's resolves to go all the way.

Guest hangon007

Probably Kikkoman, Heinz and Rosella

Like it. Sounds like its a race to who can claim the highest %. "I was first to 99% so I was more right than you" ... hehehe

Sounds like media one up-manship.

Like it. Sounds like its a race to who can claim the highest %. "I was first to 99% so I was more right than you" ... hehehe

Sounds like media one up-manship.

Can this thread be moved to one headed, "There is but one team and its name is AFL F.C (All other non-believers are just chasing laundry).

So Stevo said on mmm tonight that Scully is over the line and gone. A lot of footy people have come out now and said this. They cant all be making it up.

The thing is what 20 year old would knock back the money that GWS will offer. Its a ridiculous amount for a 3rd year player but its what the AFL has given them.

Also Ward has met with them and apparently Palmer has as well. Its july. You cant honestly believe that scullys manager hasnt had a chat with GWS or vice versa. Every week this will keep coming up.

If Scully goes then fine go but if it comes out he looked Jimmy in the eye and lied to him then I will be extremely annoyed.

Guest hangon007

If Scully goes then fine go but if it comes out he looked Jimmy in the eye and lied to him then I will be extremely annoyed.

This is a really good point. However, surely we have to give the kid TS the benefit of the doubt until its 100% proven otherwise.

I've said it before, but this is the classic divide an conquer strategy. I'm 100% tipping "the source" is a GWS source ...they are playing games with us.

I look at it this way ... if I had Scully signed I would shut my mouth and say nothing. However, if I didn't... the more the noise level raises, the more they think its going against them.

Guest hangon007

Can this thread be moved to one headed, "There is but one team and its name is AFL F.C (All other non-believers are just chasing laundry).

Ok are you 99.5% positive he is going to GWS?

Surely if the likes of Stevo and Schwarz are all but sure from their sources, then the club would have to have a fairly good idea as well.

I am in the Paul Roos camp that if a player has committed to another club, then see you later. Go play in the Casey 2's for the rest of the year, and get ready for a beat down in 2012 Scully.

I am not concerned about our finals chances by demoting Scully, we are not going to advance even if we do sneak into a lower spot of the eight.

If Scully was such the "outstanding" individual he is claimed to be, then he would see the damage that this scenario is doing to the club and fix it if he was willing. He aint willing!

This is a really good point. However, surely we have to give the kid TS the benefit of the doubt until its 100% proven otherwise.

I've said it before, but this is the classic divide an conquer strategy. I'm 100% tipping "the source" is a GWS source ...they are playing games with us.

I look at it this way ... if I had Scully signed I would shut my mouth and say nothing. However, if I didn't... the more the noise level raises, the more they think its going against them.

The degree of conviction people like Schwarz and Stevens have leads me to the opposite conclusion ... That someone high-up within our own club has confirmed to them, off the record, that he is gone.

I believe this is now the case. He's gone and the MFC is unofficially putting it 'out there' through various channels in order to generate support for compensation.

I was at one stage thinking along the lines of many in saying that his press conference claiming that he hadn't been approached or signed was enough to believe he was staying, however upon more thought, it is quite easy to say these things knowing that when you eventually do go to GWS, you can just claim you made up your mind at seasons end and there is no proof to say otherwise. Nobody will believe him, but it is an out clause nonetheless.

Heard that- Stevens said that if Schwartz was 98% sure, he is 99.5% sure that it's a done deal. Which means if true that Tom has lied directly to the media on numerous occasions. Stevens' sources are apparently 'impeccable'.

It makes sense if you think about it- Melbourne surely would have put their absolute best offer to Scully's management. If Tom doesn't accept that offer now, why would he in the future? Surely not under the guise of 'we have always maintained we will wait until the end of the season'- in the current circumstances and amdist all this negative speculation, I'm sure that if Tom were going to sign with Melbourne his management would advise him to do so ASAP, on two grounds- firstly, there would be no point holding out for a better offer if Melbourne had put their best offer on the table and secondly it would put to bed any negative GWS innuendo.

Hate saying this, but for the first time since this arose I'm resigned to Tom leaving...

So we are still a .5% chance?

YYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Guest hangon007

The degree of conviction people like Schwarz and Stevens have leads me to the opposite conclusion ... That someone high-up within our own club has confirmed to them, off the record, that he is gone.

I believe this is now the case. He's gone and the MFC is unofficially putting it 'out there' through various channels in order to generate support for compensation.

I hear what you are saying but that is a might big allegation. You are making two very distasteful allegations

1/ Tom Scully straight out lied to us.

2/ We have a "rat" inside our camp.

Now I barrack for the Dees, so I'm somewhat biased. But I will believe neither.

While their is 0.000001% hope I will fight on. Its part of my make up ... yet sadly so many around here drop their heads and give up ... all based on idle media speculation. When two tribes go to war, for god sake make sure the bloke next to you in the trenches is not a quitter.