Will we make the 8?

Curry & Beer

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see if we can beat a broken & tired Footscray at Etihad first.

On paper & form we should win, But it is on foriegn soil.

This year i think i am more interested in winning away from the 'G than beating actual teams.

Once the ground Hoo Doo's are gone, it will not matter who we play..Look at Wet Coke today, absolutely no intimidation against the Blues.

To come back after being challenged in the 3rd Q was an incredible performance.

The MFC must reach that level.

My ladder predictor had us in 8th, somehow 10 points clear of Essendon in 9th...West Coast to snatch 4th, then Carlton, Sydney, and North in that order.

Essendon and Freo are looking very, very shaky - only had them winning 2-3 more games for the year.

Edited by Old Gregg

My ladder predictor had us in 8th, somehow 10 points clear of Essendon in 9th...West Coast to snatch 4th, then Carlton, Sydney, and North in that order.

Essendon and Freo are looking very, very shaky - only had them winning 2-3 more games for the year.

I would much prefer to play carlton than WC in perth

I would much prefer to play carlton than WC in perth

Wouldn't we all.

West Coast are legimitate this year. They have the bye this week, then Friday night football against Geelong in Perth. That will be a corker. Should be interesting to see how they shape up against the ladder-leaders at home. I reckon they can do it, especially if Geelong are still missing some of their stars.

Wouldn't we all.

West Coast are legimitate this year. They have the bye this week, then Friday night football against Geelong in Perth. That will be a corker. Should be interesting to see how they shape up against the ladder-leaders at home. I reckon they can do it, especially if Geelong are still missing some of their stars.

Depends on which WC turns up. The one that struggled to beat GC and Port, or the one that beat the dogs by 20 goals and knocked off Carlton today.

Just wait for us to lose to Hawthorn, Geelong and Carlton. That will send someone like North, Richmond or St Kilda over us.

What I'm saying is being in the eight right now means jack-shite.

Lose to Hawks, Cats and Blues and we will still finish 7th or 8th, as long as we beat the teams below us. As nice as it would be to make finals, I have us playing Sydney or West Coast away so we'd be straight out. I'd take the swans by choice though.

We've actually not yet proven we've improved. We have a MUCH easier draw... and at the moment are 2 wins away from last years total. Not forgetting we have 2 easy wins pencilled in this year we didn't have last year in the GC games. I think 10-1-11 would be on par with last year, and 11-1-10 will beat it, and also will get us a finals berth and a peaceful off season. So to get that we're going to have to beat Dogs and Port in the next 3 weeks... then brace for the month of hell where we won't snaffle a win... Then hold fast for the last 3 weeks where we'll need to do what we did 5-6 years ago and win every game to make it.

We can do it, but pinching one off one of West Coast, Carlton, Geelong and Hawthorn would make it a HUGE chance.

Jason Dunstall picked us for 7th spot today on MMM. 11.5 wins, Kangaroos in 8th with 11 wins. Also seemed to think that if we win at Etihad on Friday then Bailey is golden.

After the Queen's Birthday match, Dunstall also tipped Richmond to beat us twice in the remaining games....

Everyone has their opinion....each and every week.

OK so we have had an up and down year but I for one am pretty happy to be sitting on 4.5 wins 5.5 losses

The side has shown what they can do even missing 5 of their best 22

It's time to put our eye back on the original goal

Coll - mark it down as a loss but it has to be acknowledged we step up against them and we have some form and confidence

Freo at the G - win

Rich - win

Dogs at ES - should win

port at Darwin - should win

Hawks - loss

Cats - loss

Carlton - loss

Eagles at ES - should win

rich - win

GC -win

Port at aami - probably lose

for mine that puts us on 11.5 wins and 8th spot

We'll do better than the 8, we'll win the Grand Final !

Pretty simple really, if we keep winning games we will play finals. If we start losing again, then our chances will drop. If we don't knock of at least one of Carl, Geel, Hawks, or Eagles, then we shouldn't play finals. Whats the point if you cannot beat the teams that will be playing finals anyway?