Is tonight make or break for the MFC

How many years have you supported Melbourne? Me lets just say im in too the second half of a Century , Ive been through more dissapointment with the Melbourne Football Club then you have changed your socks.

Spare me please.

You titled the thread "Is tonight make or break for MFC?" and asked for our thoughts.

DS, if you can't comprehend along with the other incomprehensibles about the nature of our list, where we've come from and where we are heading....

We're a younger side than ever tonight, we're all hoping for more effort and accountability and I hope they step up to the plate. But FCS..."make or break"...#$%!

Sure the pressure is on everyone to perform including the coach, but everything has to be taken into account, including the greater picture.

I think you have nailed it Snoopy. The focus should be on the season and not unnecessarily overweighting/underweighting one or two games.

+1 on that.

I hate the bombers with a passion though. Amongst others lol. Go out and stick em over a barrel Demons! It's Trident Time!!! :lol:

Problem is it's not 1 or 2 games it's stacking up to be half a season. Need to show something tonight,

Good point too Roost.

Maybe it should be titled "Is 2nd half of season our make or break time?" lol. Just muckin around! Ezy fellas....eeezy!

If by "make" you mean "win", and by "break" you mean "lose", then yeah, it's a "make or break" game.

Hahaha..good stuff. So yeah, tonight is a Win or Lose game for the club.

The reality of the public perception of Melb is such that if we win tonight, we are back "on track". If we lose "valiantly" we're as expected (i.e. mediocre) and if we lose badly or lose face we're gonna have to shaft the coach. Personally I don't agree or think we (the MFC) should give a toss what the public think.

I'm actually more concerned that some of our younger players in their desire to "make" themselves and the club will "break" themselves or an opposition player in a serious way. Goad young men long enough and they will feel compelled the cross the line, as Trengove appeared to three weeks ago...

How many years have you supported Melbourne? Me lets just say im in too the second half of a Century , Ive been through more dissapointment with the Melbourne Football Club then you have changed your socks.

Ive heard every appology under the sun, from the MFC over the years, oh and by the way this is not the first time we supposedly have rebuilt

I know these players are young and if you notice I didnt say they had to win I said it is how the play that counts, the endeavour and the committment they show tonight is what its all about

This should be expected every week in week out , unfortunately it hasnt been, so dont get me started .

I wont these boys to succeed, I want them to be successful, but I wont make appologies like some that post here.

If we are beaten by a better side so be it as long as they give their best .Unfortunately the fact they havent in some games to date , combine this with our injuries list gives them the excuse they need at times as to why they dont succeed.

To me they have to move beyond that and maybe some supporters do to.

I am with you....i do not care at what stage the team is at....INTENT should always be there.

Bails needs to coach positively tonight...it is entirely up to him.

Yep, the weight of the world has crushed your spirit but that doesn't mean everything you say is going to be any more balanced and objective that the next bloke. In fact, in my experience, just the opposite is true.

Perhaps you could say that on a lot of levels, tonight is a major test of character.

First & most obvious, it's a test of character for the whole team - to stand up as a team, to play as a team (not as individuals), to back each other up.

With everything that's happened this week, we simply cannot go through that sort of a week and get a pathetic tackle count and get smashed in contested possessions.

And the die was cast at selection by the dropping of 3 forwards who have their good points but who just didn't (and don't) pressure their opponents. If Bombers are allowed tonight to bring the ball out of defence without being under any pressure, it's an epic fail for the forwards.

It's a test of character for our leadership, especially Bailey & Green, for obvious reasons.

And it's a test of character for some of the younger players. For various reasons, Bennell, Morton, Jurrah, Watts, Strauss, Trengrove, Jetta & to a lesser extent Scully all have something to prove tonight. It's a big chance for all of them to stand stall; it's likely that some will & some won't. There will be other chances for these guys, but those who do stand up tonight will gain a lot of respect.

With such an inexperienced team, against such a good opponent, I'm not so fussed about whether they win or not. It's more a matter of being able to hold their heads high walking off the ground at the end.

The bye has saved us. 3 losses away from having an even record is not that bad with 13 games to go. Although we'd have to win 9-10 of them.

Every game is a make or break game in one way or another.

We've been broken so many times this season, it's just amazing how we could now be 'made'. But we can. We can also be 'broken' again. And then 'made'. That's the beauty of footy.

As an old faht, I've attended 7 grand finals involving this club and seen 4 premierships. Since then I've seen more so called make or break games than most people have had hot dinners. And none except for finals have made or broken anything.

Tonight's just another game - and another step for the kids who might be part of a great future for the MFC -or not.

Every game is a make or break game in one way or another.

We've been broken so many times this season, it's just amazing how we could now be 'made'. But we can. We can also be 'broken' again. And then 'made'. That's the beauty of footy.

As an old faht, I've attended 7 grand finals involving this club and seen 4 premierships. Since then I've seen more so called make or break games than most people have had hot dinners. And none except for finals have made or broken anything.

Tonight's just another game - and another step for the kids who might be part of a great future for the MFC -or not.

Correct Angry....But our Leaders must TEACH out there tonight, win or lose we must go in hard with intent.

I'm not overly fussed if we win or lose tonight, but I'd like to see some consistent effort. You can have effort even if your 8 goals down.

Hopefully the boys that run on to the park tonight, don't have the same thoughts. Every game is winnable.

Hopefully the boys that run on to the park tonight, don't have the same thoughts. Every game is winnable.

Not only is every game winnable I picked them to win and bet on them winning. Can you read ?

Your glasses seem a tad foggy.