What do you want to see from the players this week?

P-man

Must win? Respectable margin? Greater tackling pressure? Winning contested possessions?

Anyone who says "winning quarters" will be banned from this thread. :)

Prior to last Thursday >>> Crush the #^#%*& by at least 10 goals!

After last Thursday >>> ummmmmmmm

:blink:

Must win? Respectable margin? Greater tackling pressure? Winning contested possessions?

Anyone who says "winning quarters" will be banned from this thread. :)

A bit of mongrel & desire to rip the opposition apart with physical aggression when not in possession. Work Rate & Hard Running, Tackling, pressure, chasing, all the so called 1 percenters which should be just an every game non negotiable norm at the club, but this team seems to struggle to perform.

A bit of mongrel & desire to rip the opposition apart with physical aggression when not in possession. Work Rate & Hard Running, Tackling, pressure, chasing, all the so called 1 percenters which should be just an every game non negotiable norm at the club, but this team seems to struggle to perform.

Ditto B)

i'd just like to see the opposite of last thursday

Determination, a bit passion and some physicality! Really want the boys to get stuck into them, don't care if they get weeks

Determination, a bit passion and some physicality! Really want the boys to get stuck into them, don't care if they get weeks

While I certainly want some physical presence, having half the team suspended or reprimanded is hardly going to help our cause.

Edited by Samsara

While I certainly want some physical presence, having half the team suspended or reprimanded is hardly going to help our cause.

From what we have seen recently, i'd be very surprised if half the team were to put their bodies on the line at all

Win the first centre clearance

Not concede a goal in the first three minutes

First pass to hit the target

No opposition forward taking an uncontested mark inside 50 with no Melb player within 5 metres

If it is your time to go YOU GO!!!!!

If we aren't ahead on both the contested and uncontested ball stats I will be **ed off. We simply HAVE to show more in these areas and on our home ground especially. A season high for tackles should also be a focus and shouldn't be hard to achieve but if we don't win this category I'll expect it's becasue we have more of the ball.

A win would be nice but realistically we are so far behind our opposition on the F50 entries and our back line is disfunctional so it's hard to imagine ATM.

Edited by diesel

We need to see these :

Heart

Passion

Anger

Ownership of the contest

Grit- Determination

2nd, 3rd. 4th eforts

sacrifice

and certainly not least Honour and Pride in wearing the Red and Blue

Nothing Less will be accepted any more

We need to see these :

Heart

Passion

Anger

Ownership of the contest

Grit- Determination

2nd, 3rd. 4th eforts

sacrifice

and certainly not least Honour and Pride in wearing the Red and Blue

Nothing Less will be accepted any more

You have named it all... Now the players have to give it all !!! Just Give !!!! Have to leave the ground with heads held high and totally bloody exhausted !!!!! Win or lose !!Just give your gutses for the Club and all its supporters...

If we aren't ahead on both the contested and uncontested ball stats I will be **ed off. We simply HAVE to show more in these areas and on our home ground especially. A season high for tackles should also be a focus and shouldn't be hard to achieve but if we don;t win this category I'll expect it's becasue we have more of the ball.

A win would be nice but realistically we are so far behind our opposition on the F50 entries and our back line is disfunctional so it's hard to iamgine ATM.

Tbh I expect the same. Adelaide are ranked just as low as us in these categories, as well as tackling.

Even if we do finish ahead in these categories, we should recognise where the opposition themselves are at. Grant Thomas last night on Footy Classified gave them an uppercut regarding their appetite (or lack there-of) for the contest.

What I'd like to see is a very good first quarter. A good start.

Guest Thomo

I may seem strange, but I will be disappointed if the team can suddenly lay more tackles and play with more passion and desire than last week.

For the last few years, Melbourne have struggled because of being a young developing team. If the team can actually come out and lift this weekend because of the pressure put on them since the loss, it shows a real problem at the club in getting motivated to play AFL every week. To me this is much worse, and the coaching staff need to take the blame, and the coach must go.

If a loss:

- Being within 5 of Adelaide on tackles, contested possessions, clearances

- Being within ten on Inside 50s.

If we win:

- not being 5 goals down at quarter time

Regardless:

- Not having the ping out of our defensive 50 to lose possession and have the opposition ping it back in.

I may seem strange, but I will be disappointed if the team can suddenly lay more tackles and play with more passion and desire than last week.

For the last few years, Melbourne have struggled because of being a young developing team. If the team can actually come out and lift this weekend because of the pressure put on them since the loss, it shows a real problem at the club in getting motivated to play AFL every week. To me this is much worse, and the coaching staff need to take the blame, and the coach must go.

I actually think our problems stem from our inability to either impliment the game plan or the possiblity that our game plan doesn't work?? In such cases it easy to understand that everything else drops off.

I don't see it so much as a "passion or desire" thing but as an attitude. Bailey needs to get these guys playing the way he wants them to (assuming it works) and from there things fall into place.