BAILEY TO STAY OR GO - VOTE NOW!!

273 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

signed up 2 days ago and does this type of poll. This is the sort of stuff that end up in the papers. I feel uncomfortable about it but i suppose it is the internet and is not sanctioned by the club.

if we keep playing and DB keeps coaching like we did on thursday night the club will make a swift change dont worry about that.

signed up 2 days ago and does this type of poll. This is the sort of stuff that end up in the papers. I feel uncomfortable about it but i suppose it is the internet and is not sanctioned by the club.

if we keep playing and DB keeps coaching like we did on thursday night the club will make a swift change dont worry about that.

Ahhh, the wonders of democracy and the web! Jack, you're just jealous cause you've been here over 2 years and you didn't think of this first haha. P.S. Not my first time here. Just a different account now. Besides, i've been with the club 40+ years mate. Earned my stripes :) B)

Not particulalrly the best or thoroughly thought out selctions there.

You cant have Micky Mouse yet for starters., so the logic of some otherwise interesting scenarios is prohibited.

Quite frankly Ive had enough of the current coaching failure.. If I hear the word (s) developmental phase once more I may be reduced to harming someone.A club is always developing, it should never rest on its laurels ( not thatwe have any ) however we need to focus on actually playing the game and with some direction and purpose.This clearly isnt happening or has failed miserably.

In thatvein I prefer a new coach for nextyear. With him wil come a number of new assisatants. Id like Viney to now come into the mix as an assistant..He DOES know how to play the game.

So I do want Bailey replaced but despite the temptationto knee-jerk id aloow him to play out the season. But hes a dead duck walking for mine

Not particulalrly the best or thoroughly thought out selctions there.

You cant have Micky Mouse yet for starters., so the logic of some otherwise interesting scenarios is prohibited.

Quite frankly Ive had enough of the current coaching failure.. If I hear the word (s) developmental phase once more I may be reduced to harming someone.A club is always developing, it should never rest on its laurels ( not thatwe have any ) however we need to focus on actually playing the game and with some direction and purpose.This clearly isnt happening or has failed miserably.

In thatvein I prefer a new coach for nextyear. With him wil come a number of new assisatants. Id like Viney to now come into the mix as an assistant..He DOES know how to play the game.

So I do want Bailey replaced but despite the temptationto knee-jerk id aloow him to play out the season. But hes a dead duck walking for mine

Thanks Belze. Always enjoy reading your posts mate. Please note ASAP emphasis. Obviously we can't have Malthouse right now, that's a given. Maybe Krusty? He's got 1 vote already (and an endless supply of Duff at his disposal! Lucifer knows i need a heap of those after Thursday night)....

The lamentable truth is despite having erased our debt it might be cutting off our noses to simply sack Bailey now,no matter how tempting it might be. Id like to see someone shotgun for him though. If that proves intolerable for Dean then so be it. We ( the club ) call the shots not he. To pay him out is maybe just beyond us currently but maybe we can shuffle a few deckchairs ?

Id certainly be interviewing the Mouse.. and id be enquiring as to Laidley's avail for 2012.

Enough of the newby coaches for now...lets get someone with some pedigree and proven ability

I think we should keep Bailey to see the year out .

Problem is I don't see any coaches in waiting that inspire me as a supporter at all .

Personally , I woulda picked Hardwick infront of Bailey when we had the chance but that bird has flown .

Whoever is chosen must have an aggressive combative mindset as opposed to passive .

Something that hopefully will rub off on the playing list .

The lamentable truth is despite having erased our debt it might be cutting off our noses to simply sack Bailey now,no matter how tempting it might be. Id like to see someone shotgun for him though. If that proves intolerable for Dean then so be it. We ( the club ) call the shots not he. To pay him out is maybe just beyond us currently but maybe we can shuffle a few deckchairs ?

Id certainly be interviewing the Mouse.. and id be enquiring as to Laidley's avail for 2012.

Enough of the newby coaches for now...lets get someone with some pedigree and proven ability

Here here Belz, although, I am not by any means sold on Laidley. Didn't think he was any good at norf and therefore i wouldn't want him to be no good at the Dees

There should be an option for Bailey to stay beyond this year.

Having said that, if Bailey is not re-signed by mid year, I would expect him to depart, and we would have a caretaker coach. (Which may well give Viney a chance; bit like Primus.)

imnot sure how Primus is a choice nor that wed want him..No runs on board...The Newby experiment has failed.

i voted for waiting until mid season review. Bailey your on notice.

if we get another coach...i don't want another essendon reject !!!

if we got mick malthouse it would help us recruit ready made players from other clubs. in 4 years bailey has struggled to do this. any coach can finish last and go draft #1.

1) Dean outski nowski

2) Todd in to caretake

3) Kicthen sink and any other bathroom fixture we can unscrew to be hurtled with great intent at Malthouse and/or Roos before we miss our chance.

I'm with you all the way. This gives us plenty of time to see if by chance the good old Todd has something in his backpocket (apart from a son) that indicates he is a gun coach. Otherwise approach Roos as soon as we can to at least eliminate him from the list if he is not going to coach again.

Can't see the point in doing anything this early. Clubs often have poor patches in a year, and whilst ours is about as poor as you can get, there's still more than enough time for us to turn things around.

If by the second half of the year, though, we're not playing with a decent level of intensity and we don't look like we're improving, then his position will need to be considered. By that I mean he won't see the year out if we don't lift our game.

Four years is a reasonable time to see if someone can coach, and even now there is nothing that says he can. We may bumble along for the rest of the year with a couple of spirited wins and a number of just over the line. We must not be fooled by the wins against the suns , Brisbane in Melbourne etc. I believe the club now knows it will not reappoint him, both admin and supporters. Times up. Jury has announced guilty. We just await the sentence, and definitely no suspended sentence. The club could justifiably act now with either, Connolly/Viney/Lyon ( I'm inclined to go for Todd with Connolly/Lyon as mentor a la Thompson/ Hird ) or we could allow some time for us to take our breath and discuss our best strategy. I think we have about 10 weeks at the most to dawdle around before we make our move with initial behind the scenes talk so we beat any other club to the punch. Be mindful that Swan from Carlton will already have talked to Malthouse (a la Judd and beware their mediafront scam.) We don't want to waiste time chasing Malthouse when he has already made undeclared plans. That's why I'd move on Roos more seriously. I think we are duty bound to approach him. But I'd be very happy to put our future in Viney's hands with Connolly and Lyon as dual Mentors.

Where's the option of an extension??

in the bin where it belongs !!

We all agree that this seasons efforts have not met expectation.

And we all want an instant fix ! Likelihood of it happening is not great.

I believe bailey and the team need to show more this year, no excuses.

We have the personal, facilities and the talent.

Criticism is warranted here but I want to see how the club reacts on field next week.

I can't recall any major benefits from sacking a coach mid season. Certainly has done port any good.

One thing I feel confident about is the clubs administration is as good as I can remember. This is the area I do have full trust in.

I really hope behind the facade Bailey puts up he is tearing shreds off them. Some home truths need public voicing though I think, put it back on them and make them accountable.

I watched the Casey frankston game and I saw players with more heart than Thursday's 22.

All in all I recall last year after the round 1 hawthorn debacle people were calling for baileys head. Point here is he turned it around and we watched the red and blue loose a thriller to the pies and then win the next three in a row ( the brisbane game the standout ).

I voted for the mid season review, but let's pray this is forgotten by then!

I still don't really want a mid season coach exiting fiasco though, but I want results this year.

Us paid up members deserve it !!

Pull the finger out demons show the comp we have some GRIT BACKBONE and most importantly SPIRIT

Criticism is warranted here but I want to see how the club reacts on field next week.

I can't recall any major benefits from sacking a coach mid season. Certainly has done port any good.

One thing I feel confident about is the clubs administration is as good as I can remember. This is the area I do have full trust in.

I really hope behind the facade Bailey puts up he is tearing shreds off them. Some home truths need public voicing though I think, put it back on them and make them accountable.

I watched the Casey frankston game and I saw players with more heart than Thursday's 22.

All in all I recall last year after the round 1 hawthorn debacle people were calling for baileys head. Point here is he turned it around and we watched the red and blue loose a thriller to the pies and then win the next three in a row ( the brisbane game the standout ).

I still don't really want a mid season coach exiting fiasco though, but I want results this year.

Pull the finger out demons show the comp we have some GRIT BACKBONE and most importantly SPIRIT

well written...and it is why i hope a large crowd is there to put the MFC under the spotlight (and the week after)

I think the time is up for Dean, but he does have a few weeks to turn it around, another performance anything like last thursday though & it is Goodnight Irene.

I'm with you all the way. This gives us plenty of time to see if by chance the good old Todd has something in his backpocket (apart from a son) that indicates he is a gun coach. Otherwise approach Roos as soon as we can to at least eliminate him from the list if he is not going to coach again.

Does this sound at all familiar?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Viney#Coaching_career

Football career

As a youngster, Viney was a talented tennis player but at 18 decided to switch and pursue a footballing career.

A Sturt recruit, Viney was mostly a wingman and on-baller for Melbourne. He finished equal fifth in the 1998 Brownlow Medal and twice won Melbourne's Best and fairest. Viney captained the Demons in 1998 and 1999 and earned All Australian selection that year. He announced his retirement before the end of the 1999 season due to nerve and hamstring related injuries. His brother Jay also played with Melbourne.

Viney is named in Melbourne’s Team of the Century, and is a member of the Club’s Hall of Fame.

Coaching career

In 2000, he joined the Melbourne coaching panel as a midfield coach. Viney then moved to Echuca coaching country club Moama. Former team-mate Alistair Clarkson recruited Viney as an assistant coach at Hawthorn from 2005 to the end of 2008, including their 2008 premiership season. He then moved to the Adelaide Crows from 2009 to 2010. Viney resigned from his role at the conclusion of the 2010 season, and has signed with Melbourne to be in charge of Melbourne's player development program. With Viney's move back to the Demons, Adelaide has conceded that Viney's talented son, Jack, will join the Demons, under the father-son rule.

Goes without saying

Facilities ..yes.. Talent...by all acounts , quite a bit . Personnel ?? Maybe not entirely the case. Board is good.. admin good. FD hasnt really put that question to rest.

We all do...and teh Media will be waiting with baited breath for any more slip ups!!

Sydney says hello !!

Dont care what he does behind a facade, a fence or closed doors...only interested in what he achieves come game day... not good so far. If anything we're ( he's ) going backwards

Youd expect wholesale changes

The damning thing is he hasnt been able to instill any consitency in to the team. Its fits and spurts. Like a runaway bull crashing into things without a clear path discernable

Sometimes the way to ongoing recovery is decisive and invasive surgery to remove the cancer. Sometimes beter to begin the healing and therefore recovery sooner rather than later

I wouldnt mind a Laidley-Viney combo in the same manner as Thompson-Hird

The damning thing is he hasnt been able to instill any consitency in to the team. Its fits and spurts. Like a runaway bull crashing into things without a clear path discernable

Excellent summation BB..All the pieces are there, we are not that far off it at all.

Excellent summation BB..All the pieces are there, we are not that far off it at all.

in a fashion id agree that we have many of the pieces. Some need refinement and dare I say it, developing further; but the design thats currently being used for these peices seems obviously wrong.

Essendon in hindsight were similarly not far off !!