Well Done, Beamer!!

Vagg

That is exactly why the MFC did what it did, and why the Media really have no idea.

Beamer could become an AFL elite player through this circumstance.

Very true WYL (media are d@*heads), but I just don't believe that for him it was "this circumstance". He had already started this train of opposition destruction he is on from rd 1, so I don't put it down to trying to atone for his mistakes. The club absolutely did the right thing here and he knows it, he is just going out now and doing what got him the VC in the first place, and surely it will return to him sooner or later. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the impression that it was actually him that suggested being relieved of the VC.

Someone called him a 'wrecking ball' in one of the papers. Rather liked that.

Agree about Sylvia, while he does still show flashes, but not enough. Jones on the other hand is a curious one. For me he has been quite solid, for some reason I feel the good he does often gets overlooked and I'm not sure why. That said I agree that the senior players need to step up. Unfortunatley our demoted VC is leading by example much more than the actual Captain. I just hope it is teething problems and he returns to form soon.

Initially, agree.

But when you see our website and the fact that he has had the 2nd most amount of touches behind Beamer (3rd in tackles), it makes me realise.....

The reason why we haven’t noticed him is because he isn’t doing the flashy stuff as much. (goals on the run from 50+).

But if he’s got all these touches it means he's winning his own ball, and to be honest thats no bad thing.

He’s a bigger body and for him to be in and under saves the younger players doing it as much, and potentially getting injured ect.

If he’s had that many touches in and under, he's probably clearing the ball (a very very good thing, gives our forwards 1st crack), and if he is getting the ball and not doing the flashy things, i would argue that he would be hitting targets more often than not.

Yes i wish he was doing the flashy stuff like those massive goals (read somewhere he is the most accurate kick on the run from outside the arc), but what he is doing now is still very beneficial for the club

Interesting to note that this morning on SEN Patrick Smith gave his "Goose of the Week" to the Melbourne Football Club for it's public humiliation of Moloney last week.

People just do not understand....This punishment handed out to Beamer may be the best thing to happen in his career, & it could be the Best decision the club has made in the last 40 years.

This decision has raised the bar within the club. & it has also given Beamer the incentive to get what is rightfully his back.

Beamer could have played two ways yesterday, someone who doesn't really care or someone who really does want this club to succeed with him in it leading the way. Thankfully it was the latter.

Patrick it is you who are the Goose, as i think the MFC has pulled a magnificent move here. Brent Moloney is now a driven man. Let's hope his energy reaches the whole team. B)

He would of played the same way had he been sanction or not if someone hadn't rung the media it would of passed to the keeper and Beamer would still be playing brilliantly. To say it had anything to do with the club is crap beamer would play this way regardless and his performance has nothing to do with getting something back or proving something.

obviously there are things at the club that we don't know about (this could of happen five times for beamer that hasn't made the media) but the club went overboard if this is an isolated incident because they embarrassed one of their own players to satisfy the medias thirst for a story and personally I think that is sh^thouse.

Edited by Nasher
fixed broken formatting

Just wanted to add my Congrats to Beamer, Great game,

Leadership is not only as VC on the Team Sheet,

Lead by public example on the ground, and you will make up for a private error off it !

Go Dees !

What's great about him, from what I've heard from him, is that he understands the VC is just a title. True leadership comes from actions, he is the classic "lead by example" sort of a bloke and the way he carried himself on Sunday was exemplary.

He would of played the same way had he been sanction or not if someone hadn't rung the media it would of passed to the keeper and Beamer would still be playing brilliantly. To say it had anything to do with the club is crap beamer would play this way regardless and his performance has nothing to do with getting something back or proving something.

obviously there are things at the club that we don't know about (this could of happen five times for beamer that hasn't made the media) but the club went overboard if this is an isolated incident because they embarrassed one of their own players to satisfy the medias thirst for a story and personally I think that is sh^thouse.

Totally Disagree...A Vice Captain must lead by example. If Beamer wishes to drink during the season, he should do it at home if he must. AFL players are public property whether they like it or not. The Coin they make does compensate this to a large degree. Mobile phones, Facebook, Twitter...if a player goes out and gets drunk they will be spotted..no worries.

The Club came down hard on Beamer to nip this whole thing in the bud-THAT DAY. Players right through our list now know what will happen.

Beamer wants that VC back, and he is going to play his ring off to get it..I am hoping his attitude will permeate through the whole team.

In the past the MFC would have given Beamer a slap on the wrist and that would be all.

But now we demand more from our Leaders...Schwabby loves Beamer you can tell, but he had to discipline him for the good of the Future Team.

Edited by why you little

Any slight chance that Beamer might have embarrassed himself on Monday night?

So far this year, Beamer has played well against Sydney, been dominant against the 16th and 17th best midfields in the AFL and was not sighted against a quality opposition Hawthorn. And over the last week, compromised himself and embarrassed the Club with a disappointing lapse of judgement and maturity.

He came out against kids on Sunday and lead the way. As senior footballer you should expect that.

The real tests of Beamer will come when he (and others in midfield) have to stand up and perform against more mature and competitive midfields. He made the right steps on Sunday to commence redeeming his behaviour and needs to prove himself against better quality opposition in the coming weeks/months.

He came out against kids on Sunday and lead the way. As senior footballer you should expect that.

The real tests of Beamer will come when he (and others in midfield) have to stand up and perform against more mature and competitive midfields. He made the right steps on Sunday to commence redeeming his behaviour and needs to prove himself against better quality opposition in the coming weeks/months.

I would've been surprised if Moloney hadn't have mauled the GC midfield. That game had his name written all over it. It's no surprise that our best players on the day - Moloney, Sylvia, Jamar and Trengove are all built like men (I realise Trengove is still only a baby but his body belies his age). His performance was good, excellent even, but given the size and experience of the opposition, the bar should've been raised very high to begin with. As you said RR, the real test is yet to come.

The only thing really surprising was that Jones didn't dominate.

I would've been surprised if Moloney hadn't have mauled the GC midfield. That game had his name written all over it. It's no surprise that our best players on the day - Moloney, Sylvia, Jamar and Trengove are all built like men (I realise Trengove is still only a baby but his body belies his age). His performance was good, excellent even, but given the size and experience of the opposition, the bar should've been raised very high to begin with. As you said RR, the real test is yet to come.

The only thing really surprising was that Jones didn't dominate.

Absolutely Nasher. Moloney looked against GC like Swan looked against Richmond on Friday night, too strong and physical. GC gave an exhibition of football that was reminiscent of some of MFC's performances. A few talented juniors, too few quality senior players (some of whom are not up to it Brennan and Harris), plucky efforts but an inordinate inability to keep their feet in physical contests for the ball. Under the circumstances anything less than what Beamer did would have been ordinary under the circumstances.

Good point you raise on Jones also. I thought he just went on Sunday.

Beamer in very good company at equal 11th for the Brownlow betting

4300 BARTEL Jimmy (GEEL) 26.00 $ 7.25 $

4306 CHAPMAN Paul (GEEL) 26.00 $ 7.25 $

4673 GODDARD Brendon (STK) 26.00 $ 7.25 $

4422 HODGE Luke (HAW) 26.00 $ 7.25 $

4487 MOLONEY Brent (MELB) 26.00 $ 7.25 $

4283 PAVLICH Matthew (FREM) Suspended $ Suspended $

4690 RIEWOLDT Nick (STK) 26.00 $ 7.25 $

Interesting to note that this morning on SEN Patrick Smith gave his "Goose of the Week" to the Melbourne Football Club for it's public humiliation of Moloney last week.

People just do not understand....This punishment handed out to Beamer may be the best thing to happen in his career, & it could be the Best decision the club has made in the last 40 years.

This decision has raised the bar within the club. & it has also given Beamer the incentive to get what is rightfully his back.

Beamer could have played two ways yesterday, someone who doesn't really care or someone who really does want this club to succeed with him in it leading the way. Thankfully it was the latter.

Patrick it is you who are the Goose, as i think the MFC has pulled a magnificent move here. Brent Moloney is now a driven man. Let's hope his energy reaches the whole team. B)

WYL, if I have listened correctly to Patrick all week he is not critisizing the MFC for the penalty, IIRC he thought the punishment fit the crime and that was a good move, it was the 'public humilation' in that he believed Cam Schwab created a very awkward situation in forcing Brent to admit to a binge drinking problem and stated it was as if he hadnt been told this was coming and to expect it, Cam just threw it on him during the interview....

I do think Smith liked the punishment, just not the way the interview was conducted.

Absolutely Nasher. Moloney looked against GC like Swan looked against Richmond on Friday night, too strong and physical. GC gave an exhibition of football that was reminiscent of some of MFC's performances. A few talented juniors, too few quality senior players (some of whom are not up to it Brennan and Harris), plucky efforts but an inordinate inability to keep their feet in physical contests for the ball. Under the circumstances anything less than what Beamer did would have been ordinary under the circumstances.

Good point you raise on Jones also. I thought he just went on Sunday.

True, but he was also our best against Brisbane (say what you like about them, Black and Power are still better than anything we currently have to show), and Hawthorn, and his performance in the third dragged us to a draw against Sydney.

He has been consistently good at his job since round 1. I think he deserves a lot of credit for the way he has improved since first coming to the club. Right now, without him, we'd struggle to win an effective clearance.

True, but he was also our best against Brisbane (say what you like about them, Black and Power are still better than anything we currently have to show), and Hawthorn, and his performance in the third dragged us to a draw against Sydney.

He has been consistently good at his job since round 1. I think he deserves a lot of credit for the way he has improved since first coming to the club. Right now, without him, we'd struggle to win an effective clearance.

Brisbane are where they are on the ladder because they are awful in the midfield and everywhere else too. I like Rockcliff and Rich but they are hardly going to send fear into the opposition themselves. They burnt their emerging midfielder in Rischatelli(?) and little else going in the midfield. Black came off midway during the game and had his hamstring heavily bandaged and Power these days does cameos these days in the midfield as Voss is trying to stretch his career out. They are toothless.

Beamer played well against Sydney and I will credit him that. He played as he should against weak and undermanned opposition for the past 2 weeks. He went missing (with others) against the class and pressure of Hawthorn. Moloney is a C grade meat and potatoes midfielder who plays with great passion but with limitations. He is a bit more experienced than he was in 2005 when he joined but he plays the same way. And along the way this year in a side screaming for leadrship on and off the ground, he stuffs up badly and embarrasses himself and the Club. He has not been tested this year beside Hawthorn and came up short.

I would like to see how he goes against Collingwood, Geelong, Freemantle, Essendon and Carlton which have better midfields than the Qld teams. Moloney's performance on Sunday was as convincing as the 90 point winning margin. What it actually means will be revealed when we are tested by tougher opposition?

I would like to see how he goes against Collingwood, Geelong, Freemantle, Essendon and Carlton which have better midfields than the Qld teams. Moloney's performance on Sunday was as convincing as the 90 point winning margin. What it actually means will be revealed when we are tested by tougher opposition?

I think you are being very harsh and dismissive of Moloney's form over the past two seasons, but each to their own.

I know better than to argue with someone who never veers from their own views.

I think you are being very harsh and dismissive of Moloney's form over the past two seasons, but each to their own.

Quite the opposite. In fact if I don take the past 2 seasons into account, it further validates the caveat emptor I have issued in regard to overstating the first four rounds involving weak opposition. Moloney is very much WYSIWYG.

I know better than to argue with someone who never veers from their own views.

It must have been hard when the truth dawned about Brock McLean. B)