Jordan Gysberts

Disco Demons

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gysberts reminds me of a Pendlebury type - however better than he was after 4 games. A sensational young player.Just cannot wait till McKenzie and Scully play together with Gysberts for a season or two- sensational midfield group and add Viney in the mix as well. Go Dees.

Yep, thats what I was imagining to.

I reckon' Mitch Clark will be stiffed not to get 3 votes in Sundays game.

I reckon not.

Gysberts, Moloney and Rivers all did more than Clark.

at the beginning of the match where barely any of our players wanted to get hit/earn the hard ball, it was Gysberts who was standing up. Went in very hard for such a skinny and inexperienced kid. That's good for him and the promise he shows, yet embarrassing how a 4th gamer was showing up basically everyone else on the field for us.

at the beginning of the match where barely any of our players wanted to get hit/earn the hard ball, it was Gysberts who was standing up. Went in very hard for such a skinny and inexperienced kid. That's good for him and the promise he shows, yet embarrassing how a 4th gamer was showing up basically everyone else on the field for us.

I was surprised that after his clearance work got us Jurrah's first goal (and I think also Jurrah's first point - which should have been a goal) that Gys was removed from the centre square for the next few centre bounces. I appreciate rotations may in theory make it harder for the opposition to match up, but I've always felt that [cliche alert] when you are on a good thing you should stick to it.

If he wasn't flag core © after 1 game then he definitely is after 4. The stats show that picks in the teens and 20s often don't work out - I think earlier picks are more certain, these picks are often too "safe" and later picks are more speculative, look at X-factor and deliver more hits. Grimes is a hit, Tapscott looks promising but we're looking at possible misses with Blease, Strauss and Maric in this range. That's 50:50, if one of those latter 3 can make it then we'll have done well. Cook in this range too early to say.

If he wasn't flag core © after 1 game then he definitely is after 4. The stats show that picks in the teens and 20s often don't work out - I think earlier picks are more certain, these picks are often too "safe" and later picks are more speculative, look at X-factor and deliver more hits. Grimes is a hit, Tapscott looks promising but we're looking at possible misses with Blease, Strauss and Maric in this range. That's 50:50, if one of those latter 3 can make it then we'll have done well. Cook in this range too early to say.

i think Gys was also slightly left-field after we earlier took the "safe & certain" Scully and Trengove.

without looking at the stats i would say our teen picks have generally been very poor.

i think Gys was also slightly left-field after we earlier took the "safe & certain" Scully and Trengove.

without looking at the stats i would say our teen picks have generally been very poor.

It's not just us - I've seen the stats and there's a dip in games played in that range across all clubs.

Gysberts was only "left-field" as far as BF predictions were concerned - just like Pendlebury was "left-field"

It's not just us - I've seen the stats and there's a dip in games played in that range across all clubs.

Gysberts was only "left-field" as far as BF predictions were concerned - just like Pendlebury was "left-field"

what field is Jack Watts in

from what i had seen leading up to the draft, and i don't know my way around BF, Gys was around 10 places higher than tipped.

Seems I was the only one who rated him at pick 11.

Happy to bump my post, too.

Love this kid. Already showing up his 'better' teammates.

I wish I was as clever as you

I was surprised that after his clearance work got us Jurrah's first goal (and I think also Jurrah's first point - which should have been a goal) that Gys was removed from the centre square for the next few centre bounces. I appreciate rotations may in theory make it harder for the opposition to match up, but I've always felt that [cliche alert] when you are on a good thing you should stick to it.

Tanking??

It is widely considered arround the traps in the AFL that we have the worst player development. I think most are right. Hopefully Todd Viney can change this.

It is widely considered arround the traps in the AFL that we have the worst player development. I think most are right. Hopefully Todd Viney can change this.

WHAT?!!!!!!!!! 'It is widely considered around the traps'.... it is widely considered that comment is meaningless waffle!

• 1 month later...

30 disposals at 86%, 4 tackles, 4 clearances. Makes very good decisions with the footy and has time. Maturity far beyond his years. Just wait till his body catches up.

Nomination this week?

Yep. It's hard to imagine that there will be a better performance from an eligible player this weekend.