• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

A win is not enough

Harrisonrules

Where has any of our players shown disrespect to Brisbane??

The Media may have, and we here may have-But the players have no right to do so after last Sunday's effort & i doubt they have.

We haven't gone through 3 years of Shite for that too happen.

I expect the MCG to be a house of Pain this sunday.

Thats what I was talking about WYL, the dangers of falling into the trap of underestimating an opposition.

The supporters and Media can set a tone, and many teams Have fallen victim to this over the years.

To say the theme should be to 'Smash them', is not paying due respect, and I hope we will come to the match with a degree of caution, over their potential.

As we start we can guage where the game is at and take the appropriate risks. We should be going in as favourites, but not by that much.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Melbourne supporters need to be realistic on the match this Sunday.

While we are all keen on revenge on Brisbane for the pitiful display against Hawthorn, there is a real risk that this game could be closer than what some expect or want.

Both Voss and Bailey have their coaching careers on the line. Neither can afford or want a big loss. Voss knows that if they are going to pick up a win this season then MFC are a fair target. He would be pushing his troops hard that MFC are very beatable atm and that his group will throw the kitchen sink at MFC and also seek to close down the game.

If people remember the last time we played them the movement of the ball by MFC particularly through the corridor was scintillating. Voss will seek to close the game down and seek to have MFC accountable in the midfield through Black,Rich, Power and Rockliff.

I think there are some expectations on the scoreboard that need tempering with what happens on the ground.

Bombers Kings of Etihad

Swans Kings of SCG

Melbourne [censored] of MCG.

Seriously though, first home game of season should be a win against interstate side that did not make the finals last year. A draw is Division 5 Tattslotto.

Didn't watch any footy last year chump champ? If I recall, Sydney made it further than 10 other teams, and nearly made it to the last 4.

With all your ranting and raving of recent weeks, I will not take any notice of any of your posts from now on, and encourage others to act in a similar manner. It's obvious you have no idea, and I have serious concerns about your wellbeing, as I'm sure you think you do know what you're talking about.

Thank you for highlighting my error. I'll take the smack on the chin gladly. But don't worry too much about me. Be more concerned for the club instead.

Not concerned about the Club at all. I can see what direction they are headed, and what boxes we need to tick to get their. And can also see that we are on track in achieving our goals.

It's the supporters that can't see this that I'm concerned about, but I guess every club has "them".

Not concerned about the Club at all. I can see what direction they are headed, and what boxes we need to tick to get their. And can also see that we are on track in achieving our goals.

It's the supporters that can't see this that I'm concerned about, but I guess every club has "them".

Well divergent opinions are the life blood of all forums.

For me it's not about this week or next , it would be all too easy to have good wins against struggling sides and think that we have redeemed ourselves .

I want relentless effort every qr of every week from now on .

That is the way respect is earned , not by picking and choosing when your gonna work hard .

Thats what I was talking about WYL, the dangers of falling into the trap of underestimating an opposition.

The supporters and Media can set a tone, and many teams Have fallen victim to this over the years.

To say the theme should be to 'Smash them', is not paying due respect, and I hope we will come to the match with a degree of caution, over their potential.

As we start we can guage where the game is at and take the appropriate risks. We should be going in as favourites, but not by that much.

Mate, sundays Game could well be reasnoably close, which is what i was inferring initially.

But i would expect nothing less than a Smashing the week after against the Fold Coast...They are not even a football side yet-They may well become one in future, but at the moment they are still wearing nappies & learning to eat solid foods.

Regardless what happens on the scoreboard re winning margin (I hope) I want to see all 22 players make a contest each and every time for four whole quarters. I would like to see committed players running in numbers following team rules. Second and third efforts to back up an aggressive first effort.

A performance like our last meeting at the MCG early last year. They would want to back that up against GC. It will do the very least that is expected by the football media and many supporters here.

We want start to win respect until we beat a Geelong, C'wood or Carlton. On last Saturday's effort its a big big gap. Lets start the first steps of redemption on Sunday. We must win but also the way we win will be important.

Oh and no injuries to MFC players please.

This will do.

A concentrated effort is what I expect. No expectations on margins as any 4 pts received for MFC are hard earned still.

Mate, sundays Game could well be reasnoably close, which is what i was inferring initially.

But i would expect nothing less than a Smashing the week after against the Fold Coast...They are not even a football side yet-They may well become one in future, but at the moment they are still wearing nappies & learning to eat solid foods.

I wouldn't be referring to them as the 'fold' at this stage WYL. Could be a bit presumptuous considering our own great ability to fold as a club.

Not sure anyone with an MFC involvement can be that dismissive?

I'd like to be though!

I wouldn't be referring to them as the 'fold' at this stage WYL. Could be a bit presumptuous considering our own great ability to fold as a club.

Not sure anyone with an MFC involvement can be that dismissive?

I'd like to be though!

Fair Go Mate, even our brittle side is so much more developed than the Fold Coast. If the MFC goes even close to losing that game we should cease to exist out of pure shame.

I mean Harmichael 'unt can get a game in the seniors instead of a junior... many eyes will be weatching us in the next 2 weeks.

It is all in the players court now.

Fair Go Mate, even our brittle side is so much more developed than the Fold Coast. If the MFC goes even close to losing that game we should cease to exist out of pure shame.

I mean Harmichael 'unt can get a game in the seniors instead of a junior... many eyes will be weatching us in the next 2 weeks.

I have to ask - what did Harmichael do so bad on the weekend? I was there, and I actually had him in their top 6 players. If the media had've actually been watching Rischetlli's game instead of looking at his stats, there would be no way he should've been their best on.

I thought Special K played a pretty impressive first game of senior footy, he spoiled well, chased hard (not that many would've seen that on TV), and positioned himself quite well. Sure, he made a couple of blunders, but I tell you, give him 2 seasons (like alot of their players), and he will be a solid contributor.

I have to ask - what did Harmichael do so bad on the weekend? I was there, and I actually had him in their top 6 players. If the media had've actually been watching Rischetlli's game instead of looking at his stats, there would be no way he should've been their best on.

I thought Special K played a pretty impressive first game of senior footy, he spoiled well, chased hard (not that many would've seen that on TV), and positioned himself quite well. Sure, he made a couple of blunders, but I tell you, give him 2 seasons (like alot of their players), and he will be a solid contributor.

Exactly. i am talking now, not 2 seasons away.

He maybe a good player, but last week he spent most of his time having his calfs rubbed.

If Harmichael (and good luck to him) is in there best 6 then we should murder them-That is my exact point.

Exactly. i am talking now, not 2 seasons away.

He maybe a good player, but last week he spent most of his time having his calfs rubbed.

If Harmichael (and good luck to him) is in there best 6 then we should murder them-That is my exact point.

In a game that saw his side get flogged by 100+ points, how many did Hunt have kicked on him? What percentage of the game did he play? And who were his opponents?

WYL, I'd be very careful about kicking this bloke. We will want to match up well against him next week, otherwise, if he defends like he did last week against Carlton in an avalanche, he could make some of our "top forwards" look a bit silly!

I would have thought the experience of MFC with its younger players would have taught most people that young talented players are inconsistent in their output.

Gold Coast has a huge pool of young talent backed up by some experienced players. They gave a poor showing in their first game against a mature and physical side with top 4 aspirations in Carlton. They also got little out of the senior players ex Riscitelli. Hunt was ordinary as the rest of the team. To merely write them off and deride them by thinking they will week in week out be chopped liver is ludicrous. While their real consistency is 3 to 4 years away they will have their days in the sun in the time before then. You just dont want to strike them on their day.

Any game against GC will always be a danger game due to the leapfrogged expectations of supporters and the ficklessness of their young players. I cant see why anyone would be scoffing at the moment.

Like Brisbane, I will be looking for on field commitment effort and discipline before I count numbers on the scoreboard.

In a game that saw his side get flogged by 100+ points, how many did Hunt have kicked on him? What percentage of the game did he play? And who were his opponents?

WYL, I'd be very careful about kicking this bloke. We will want to match up well against him next week, otherwise, if he defends like he did last week against Carlton in an avalanche, he could make some of our "top forwards" look a bit silly!

I am not kicking him at all..He is a Rugby League player who has been lured to the Fold Coast for Marketing Purposes.

Now if he continues to work at his game, he may become a good player-But i would certainly hope that our "seasoned" Australian Rules players should be able to read the game better than Hunt.

At no stage did i say not to show him respect-he is an elite sportsman....in a different code.

Who is this "et al" you speak of?

Oh ... you must mean Stiller, Hanley, Lester, O'Brien, Raines, Cornelius, Collier, Polkinghorne, Redden, Beams, Bewick and McCauley.

I see what you mean, we are really up against it!

Well, from the names that you conveniently omitted from that list I assume you believe the 'et al' to Black, Power and Rich are: Clark, Banfield, Rockliff, McGrath, Merrett, Adcock, Patfull, and Leuenberger...

If our top brass and raft of high draft picks can't put this mob to the sword - on our home turf no less - we are kidding ourselves.

We don't exactly strike fear into the hearts of the Lions either...

I think that the equivalent 'Range Rover' at the Lions board scoffed at Watts, Gysberts, Bennell, Bail, Wonaeamirri, Martin, Batram, Tapscott, Strauss, Morton, Jones, Dunn, and Warnock in much the same manner as you...

I think we will win, but I am not going to say that we should win by ten goals when there are two bona fide stars of the game out there and they both play for the Lions...

I hope your right WYL as far as a comprehensive showing from us.

I expect we will win but youthful enthusiasm can gather some momentum. Maybe not through a season but certainly one off games here and there.

We have our own mountain to climb as far as interstate records etc.

I hope your right WYL as far as a comprehensive showing from us.

I expect we will win but youthful enthusiasm can gather some momentum. Maybe not through a season but certainly one off games here and there.

We have our own mountain to climb as far as interstate records etc.

I totally agree, if any side is going to lose to this AFL Freak Show-we are a prime candidate, so i am a little nervous about it.

But that still is no excuse for it too happen. We should Smash them for at least the next 3 years.

I am sorry to inform you that other teams already think like that about us. They think we are soft and at any point in the match can be beaten. You only have to listen to Mark McLure or Dermie or Jason D or any of the commentators. They all say it.

I can't stand this [censored]. Wish he was still playing so Moloney could fling him well into the FENCE.

If Brisbane play bad we should smash them by 50 points. If they have come to fight it out we should at least match them all the way and a 1 point win would be a great result.

Absolutely. If we go out and show the lions the level of respect shown to them by a few posters we are a chance of losing. We need to bring our A game pure and simple. If we do and win by a point because the lions play out of their skins then all good. If we hammer them then great, but to be honest i would love both teams playing great footy and us winning going away.

Edited by binman

Absolutely. If we go out and show the lions the level of respect shown to them by a few posters we are a chance of losing. We need to bring our A game pure and simple. If we do and win by a point because the lions play out of their skins then all good. If we hammer them then great, but to be honest i would love both teams playing great footy and us winning going away.

Every game is worth 4 points for a win. Nothing for a loss. As long as i hear the song at about 4 o'clock i will be stoked. B)

Every game is worth 4 points for a win. Nothing for a loss. As long as i hear the song at about 4 o'clock i will be stoked. B)

Couldn't agree more!

You've been on fire lately, keep it up.