Ricky Nixon

Satan

Some really ordinary conclusions drawn on this thread by posters who should know better.

She has only alleged "sexual" relations with Nixon. I dont think its at all proven. She may be 17 and vulnerable but she has proven herself vexatious and vindictive. She is on a one way downward spiral and she is set on taking any person who crosses her path down with her. She is either poorly advised/manipulated or not being advised on her.

At worst Nixon has been guilty of criminal behaviour. At best he is guilty of gobsmacking stupidity with no nous or thought for the compromised position he was getting himself into. At best he should have known better and seen the lights flashing. It was clear from past behaviour that any contact/negotiations with this girl should have been on arms length and transparent arrangements.

IMO, Nixon who has negotiated brashly and arrogantly in the past many a hard struck player contract, has tried to play "GOD" in trying to settle this issue with the girl on behalf of the Saints and Riewoldt. His ego unchecked and using his usual low key behind the scenes tactics, Nixon has compounded the problem (for his clients) and raised serious issues about his behaviour and judgement. He has dug himself a hole which he cant climb out of. I just cant believe he would have engaged in anything but trying to settle this long running issue with the Saints and Reiwoldt and the girl. If indeed her allegations are correct and proven, the actions of R Nixon are breathtaking. He will have not only further damaged her life but destroyed his personal and professional life and badly hurt all those close to him.

No winners at all here.

Great summary.

One wonders what the credentials are for player managers to be registered with the AFL. If "being a fit and proper person" is one, you'd think he might well be off the list now.

(Not forgetting the 'drink driving - fleeing an accident' issue a while back.)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

It just goes to prove that there is no such thing as a free lunch (or in this case a free ride).

The utter stupidity of the man and the gleeful revenge of the girl is a thing to behold.

I think I've got a fair idea why we were booted from the Garden of Eden.

This is an amazing error of judgement. Nixon was the first high profile player manager and really brought that side of football into the limelight, what, 15 years ago?

That he has put himself in this position is unbelievably dumb. Is testosterone really that mind-numbing? Guess so.

It is time we stopped describing the young woman in the saga as a "17 year old girl" however. She is old well beyond her years.

Not really , but excessive alcohol, with fear of gettting older, and an Ego problem will do it to to anyone like this.

I don't think she is Old well beyond her years, but she's trying to live in an Adult World,,, as an important figure, & is hashing it. She seems to be trying to 'arrive', on the seen with a big splash, but she's really on a self destructive slippery slope. And those sharing the ride are on the fast track down that slope with her.

It's sad really. She does need help before this turns into a tragedy.

Not really , but excessive alcohol, with fear of gettting older, and an Ego problem will do it to to anyone like this.

I don't think she is Old well beyond her years, but she's trying to live in an Adult World,,, as an important figure, & is hashing it. She seems to be trying to 'arrive', on the seen with a big splash, but she's really on a self destructive slippery slope. And those sharing the ride are on the fast track down that slope with her.

It's sad really. She does need help before this turns into a tragedy.

No question she needs help. It's pointless trying to diagnose just what is wrong with her but adjectives such as manipulative, deceitful and self-destructive apply. Some sort of personality disorder is at work here.

None of that excuses Nixon or anyone else - in fact it makes Nixon's involvement worth. As well as emotionally dishonest she is highly vulnerable and by the time Nixon arrived on the scene all that was known.

What, you MEAN,,, this One!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IocHM0n75DI

Thank you for those terrific links. It's a cooler, funkier version of the song, but missing that great Jeff 'Skunk' Baxter guitar solo in the middle.

It's interesting to see a live version of this song, because they didn't do this number at Rod Laver Arena a couple of years ago. Don Fagen even had a go at a heckler in the front row who was calling out for 'Rikki...'.

It just goes to prove that there is no such thing as a free lunch (or in this case a free ride).

The utter stupidity of the man and the gleeful revenge of the girl is a thing to behold.

I think I've got a fair idea why we were booted from the Garden of Eden.

"Inappropriate dealings". It's an unusual phrase from Ricky. Maybe he was too drunk and he meant to say 'Ina Gadda Da Vida'.

This is going back a long time, and my recollection is not as good as it should be, but I seem to recall that Nixon's approach to negotiations with the MFC in 2002 indirectly/directly resulted in us having to trade Woewodin.

I seem to recall that Nixon managed Yze, who like TJ, had a great 2002 season. After that season, we had to re-sign Yze, TJ, Powell, Junior and a couple of others.

Carlton was after Yze. Colllingwood after TJ. Yze virtually held the club to ransom, and I seem to recall that Nixon was intent on conducting all negotiations through the media.

In short, it partly contributed to us losing Woey and Powell - our own poor list management at the time obviously didn't help.

Then, following last season, our vice captain (Bruce) leaves the club to go to the Hawks after a distinguished career for the MFC. I think he's managed by Nixon. Bruce's departure wreaks of short term thinking, even though he may suck out another year's AFL wages at the Hawks.

Issues of integrity seem not to be part of Nixon's head space. It does not surprise me in the slightest to now read about his alleged involvement with this girl. I'm glad he's not managing Tom Scully ...

Richard Nixon...Ricky Nixon....what is it with these idiots that they cant open their mouths without uttering rubbish !!

As the golden rule suggests you do unto others as youd have them do unto you..... karma Ricky...karma !! lol

Thank you for those terrific links. It's a cooler, funkier version of the song, but missing that great Jeff 'Skunk' Baxter guitar solo in the middle.

It's interesting to see a live version of this song, because they didn't do this number at Rod Laver Arena a couple of years ago. Don Fagen even had a go at a heckler in the front row who was calling out for 'Rikki...'.

LoL. Maybe the heckler was an unhappy player wanting better seats from ricky.

* I had to search hard for decent youtubes,,, there's so much crapp sounding ones.

It was nice to find these live versions.

No question she needs help. It's pointless trying to diagnose just what is wrong with her but adjectives such as manipulative, deceitful and self-destructive apply. Some sort of personality disorder is at work here.

None of that excuses Nixon or anyone else - in fact it makes Nixon's involvement worth. As well as emotionally dishonest she is highly vulnerable and by the time Nixon arrived on the scene all that was known.

I am genuinely concerned for this Kid down the track.

She seems to need some strong & caring guidance before she completely collapses.

Not to mention the other innocent parties (families etc) hurt.

I've never held that manager in good regard... Now I just feel I detest him.

I think the System is about to Deal, with him.

You sort of sense the AFLPA is about to spit him out .. Just desserts.

Richard Nixon...Ricky Nixon....what is it with these idiots that they cant open their mouths without uttering rubbish !!

As the golden rule suggests you do unto others as youd have them do unto you..... karma Ricky...karma !! lol

Let's not forget Christine Nixon and THAT dinner on Black Saturday.

I am genuinely concerned for this Kid down the track.

She seems to need some strong & caring guidance before she completely collapses.

Not till after the nudie spreads and stripping career .

This is going back a long time, and my recollection is not as good as it should be, but I seem to recall that Nixon's approach to negotiations with the MFC in 2002 indirectly/directly resulted in us having to trade Woewodin.

I seem to recall that Nixon managed Yze, who like TJ, had a great 2002 season. After that season, we had to re-sign Yze, TJ, Powell, Junior and a couple of others.

Carlton was after Yze. Colllingwood after TJ. Yze virtually held the club to ransom, and I seem to recall that Nixon was intent on conducting all negotiations through the media.

In short, it partly contributed to us losing Woey and Powell - our own poor list management at the time obviously didn't help.

Then, following last season, our vice captain (Bruce) leaves the club to go to the Hawks after a distinguished career for the MFC. I think he's managed by Nixon. Bruce's departure wreaks of short term thinking, even though he may suck out another year's AFL wages at the Hawks.

Issues of integrity seem not to be part of Nixon's head space. It does not surprise me in the slightest to now read about his alleged involvement with this girl. I'm glad he's not managing Tom Scully ...

Never let the facts cloud the dream Ron.

Nixon maximised the outcome for his players (clients). He did exactly what he was paid to do. Thats integrity.

The issues with Woewodin and Powell were rods of the MFC's own doing. FWIW, MFC did the right thing in 2002 in regard Woey and Powell.

I am not sure Bruce's decision had anything to with anyone but Bruce. And I am not sure Nixon had any adverse impact there.

Might still be some winners yet if players wise up and drop tricky ricky as their manager.

Not sure about that.

By all accounts he has built an impressive client list and business over the years. I dont think that an issue with Nixon. He's had an embarrassing situation drink driving moment and he has left himself open to be compromised by this wayward girl. Its not clear whether he has actually had any "involvements" with her. If it is established he has done then he should be condemned and convicted. If he has not he has been sucked into the whole pathetic media circus with Nixon being the biggest clown.

The more statements this girl makes the more surreal its becomes. A perfect study in trying to use the media and at the same time being (ab)used by the media.

The relationship may be alleged, but the reason most people believe it is because Nixon was reportedly observed leaving her hotel room at 715am. It is a bit late to stay for dinner and a chat to see how you are settling down isn't it?

The part that annoys me most isn't whether she is lying or Nixon has done the wrong thing etc it is that society has gotten to that point where you no longer have to take any responsibility for your actions. 10-20 years ago Nixon would have been forced to step down almost immediately from all positions held due to the improper nature of his alleged behaviour. As with politicians who get caught out doing the wrong thing, they are no longer accountable, simply denying it or apologising for your mistake is no apparently enough to keep your position of responsibility.

Guest Baghdad Bob

Why are people so keen on seeing a victim and predator here?

This is what can happen when two troubled people get involved. Clearly both have significant personal issues.

No winners, both victims, great soap if you like that sort of thing.

I don't.

Why are people so keen on seeing a victim and predator here?

This is what can happen when two troubled people get involved. Clearly both have significant personal issues.

No winners, both victims, great soap if you like that sort of thing.

I don't.

Succinct.