• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Best and Fairest '11 (PICK TOP THREE)

Curry & Beer

Best and Fairest '11 (PICK TOP THREE)  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've allowed multiple selections, please pick your top 3.

The reason I did this is because if everyone only gets one choice the results can be a little hollow

Obviously some of you will be like 'how come Kelvin Lawrence isn't there?' but it's my poll so there

add your reason why if you feel inclined

Edited by Curry & Beer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

couldn't decide on 3 so Green, Davey, Grimes (if he gets a full season) and Scully....... Col Sylvia will be top Brownlow vote getter though with 23 votes (don't know why 23 just 'cos' and its my favourite number!!)

Sylvia

Green

Garland

Something about Garland's pre season makes me think he's in for a big one. Chip's injury may have an affect on his season.

I think Trengove will be somewhere in the top 5.

Green: Already playing some incredible footy and his courage is off the charts, now with the captaincy on top of all that, 2011 shall be a huge year.

Grimes: If he can keep his body right, the sky's the limit. Absolute gun.

Jamar: All Australian '10 ruckman who certainly appears to be in his prime, with an extremely talented young midfield getting better with every game, he is set for a big one.

The B&F can often be about durability. Therefore my three would be

Sylvia

Jones

Trengove

I have noted with interest on how our club views its best and fairest - so different to the brownlow. The club in the main has voted for gritty as opposed to flair - no better example is the greatest footballer I have seen Robbie Flower won only one B&F. On the other hand, Laurie Fowler ( for those too young to remember - think Matty Whelan without the constant injuries)whose career overlapped with Robbie - won 3. Which is why I dont think you will see Jurrah ever win one. Uninjured, Grimes stands out to me as the type of footballer who will get votes.

Edited by nutbean

I have noted with interest on how our club views its best and fairest - so different to the brownlow. The club in the main has voted for gritty as opposed to flair - no better example is the greatest footballer I have seen Robbie Flower won only one B&F. On the other hand, Laurie Fowler ( for those too young to remember - think Matty Whelan without the constant injuries)whose career overlapped with Robbie - won 3. Which is why I dont think you will see Jurrah ever win one. Uninjured, Grimes stands out to me as the type of footballer who will get votes.

That's a great call, James McDonald is another example

However if Jurrah kicks 70+ and contributes to another 40, which I believe he will in upcoming years he will be hard to ignore

That's a great call, James McDonald is another example

However if Jurrah kicks 70+ and contributes to another 40, which I believe he will in upcoming years he will be hard to ignore

Agreed - and if you look through the B&F winners there are years that there is one standout - Robbo for example - the year he won there werent any other options really.

Hoping for a full year out of Jack Grimes this year. If he can achieve this he will go along way to being top 3.

1 - Grimes

2 - Jamar - he looked so commanding even last week in Adelaide. There will be more damaging players but 'The Russian' is now a rock of this side.

3 - Davey - really want him to be a great leader of the club, shaking off the tags in a more productive fashion.

Davey

Jamar

Green

Jones

Moloney

Frawley

You do realise that if that happens Jurrah could win the Coleman Medal? If that happens this season we are guaranteed to be playing finals.

If Jurrah plays 20+ home & away games then 50 goals is a more realistic aim. 100+ goals from Jurrah, Green and Petterd would be nice!

Davey - really want him to be a great leader of the club, shaking off the tags in a more productive fashion.

Don't get distracted by the silly free-kicks Davey gives away when he gets frustrated at taggers. Davey is brilliant at picking up possesions no matter what attention he is getting and I think he will continue to have a huge impact on our team as other midfielders like Sylvia, Scully and Trengove start to take their game to another level this season.

Davey

Jamar

Green

Jones

Moloney

Frawley

You do realise that if that happens Jurrah could win the Coleman Medal? If that happens this season we are guaranteed to be playing finals.

If Jurrah plays 20+ home & away games then 50 goals is a more realistic aim. 100+ goals from Jurrah, Green and Petterd would be nice!

yeah didn't mean this year, 50 is totally possible though. He kicks 4-5 in a match without breaking a sweat sometimes

67-1 for the coleman

Great thread, because we have so much talent across the 18 positions. Although I am a huge Bail fan I know he has a way to go before he can claim a regular spot, so...

Sylvia. Other teams should start getting scared of this bloke. He is going tear opposition teams apart in 2011

Garland. With Frawley out for the first few games he may feel free-er in being more attacking.

Trengove. Absolute class player.

Apologies. Scully, Grimes.

Edited by Maldonboy38

yeah didn't mean this year, 50 is totally possible though. He kicks 4-5 in a match without breaking a sweat sometimes

67-1 for the coleman

According to Wikipedia (yeah, I know) Jurrah has 41 goals in 17 games... So if he gets close to a full season in, a chance to play week-in, week-out, he can easily kick 50 goals.

As you said, he can easily kick 4-5 in a game, so if he played a full season the chances are he could do this plus absolutely go nuts in a game where we thrash someone and could realistically kick 10 goals one day soon.

I actually had a sneaky bet with a mate about this time last year that Jurrah would kick 50 goals in 2010. Might have to see if he's up for it in 2011, although I'm guessing the odds will be a little different.

67-1 is worth a fiver, I reckon. Does anyone put out odds for the 2012 season this early? I'd love to put $10 on Sylvia for the 2012 Borwnlow and $10 on Jurrah for the 2012 Coleman before the odds go down massively after they both have big years. A sneaky bet on us for the 2012 flag now might also look good by this time next year...