THE TOM SCULLY TO GWS THREAD

DirtyDees DDC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not sure if this has been posted

But it will distract us and the team. Every match report there will be a mention of will he or wont he. I dont care how single minded he is this will create immense pressure on him week in and week out so that if he hasnt signed with GWS he may want to commit to Melbourne but his manager will be insisting that he waits for the end of the year. How can he perform with this weight on his shoulders. The same if he has signed with GWS it will be a measure of the boy if he does play well through the year. Look how it affected Ablett. I do smell a rat here though now that Eddie has got involved and the relationship that he has with Gubby and Tom's manager. If I was Tom and found out that my manager was feeding Eddie information I would be livid. Get Jimmy involved and we'll have him signed up in a moment.

I hate this. I was so looking forward to this year to see how they have all improved. But now every time I watch Tom play we will all be left wondering.

If it is not sorted out one way or the other it will fester and begin to effect the other players.

I cannot understand how the AFL have allowed a situation to develop like this. Why have a draft. They knew how good the draft was that year and there should have been a moretorium on GWS and Gold Coast taking early draft picks.

Appreciate that mate, I also respect your view, its just the way I am interpreting things I reckon he is gawn.

Dustin Martin, he were happy to sign an extension with the Tigers, thus avoiding all the rubbish we are now experiencing.

Ok if we are going to pay over the odds, then why not do it now??? Give him the maximum we can afford, if he's with us he will sign, if he dont he is gone.

Why would he risk a serious injury which could decrease his earning potential just to sign a contract at the end of the season???

You may determine things to be neurotic mutterings, i may counter that with the belief that you are looking at things through rose coloured glasses.

The evidence seems to be there, I wouldn't begrudge him if he left, I just want the clubs interests to be at the forefront of everything. This is seriously goin to effect the teams performance this year, life is too short, we will never get 2011 back.

In anything in life, actions speak louder than words

I'm just a confident MFC supporter, unlike a lot on here who evidently have little faith in the people they claim constantly to have great faith in.

Rose coloured glasses? Really?

Because I think that my club shouldn't be railroaded into bad decisions because of media pressure and an agent of a 19 year old kid who just wants to play footy?

Your last line is quite ironic considering that all this speculation and the following Land neurosis is off of zero action and zero words.

Would you be modelling our latest jumper design if you'd already signed to wear the colours of another team 12 months later?

yes because your current employer told you to

who does everyone feel like punching more - McGuire or Sheedy? i tell you what it would be a hard choice if they were both standing here now. I might have to go with some sort of roundhouse into the pair of them

Yeah, except that:

1- the girl is Miranda Kerr,

2- she hasn't said that she's breaking up with you, nor has she given any indication of it,

3- she's already committed to having sex with you for the rest of the season,

4- she's given no indication that she won't continue to have sex with you for the rest of your life,

5- your next girlfriend is unlikely to be Miranda Kerr, and

6- it's Miranda Kerr.

So you'd break up with Miranda Kerr just because you got paranoid and confronted her about accusing her of cheating on you without any evidence, simply because some jealous guy from West Sydney started a rumour that she's cheating on you.

This is the best post of the year to date. It may well win the gong of best post of the year.

I have some facts, Tom Scully is extremely upset that Jack Watts holds the Demonland record for the longest ever post. He has informed the club that unless he holds this record he will leave the club. Come on do your bit keep posting and we will keep Tom.

The Watts one is not finished yet drdrake!

However this one is sprinting along might be a tight finish.

I think Tom Scully is a good young man and focused on playing good footy for the melbourne footy club.

If he leaves he is a straight out DOG, and i dont think that is in his nature.

If he leaves KARMA will get him

The AFL will also have to compensate us with a Pick 1 or better.

How can the AFL let the GWS (its lovechild) take a clubs priority pick which it earnt for consecutive years on the bottom of the ladder....it just cant happen and there will be total uproar if this stupid rumour eventuates

who does everyone feel like punching more - McGuire or Sheedy? i tell you what it would be a hard choice if they were both standing here now. I might have to go with some sort of roundhouse into the pair of them

Sheedy by a mile. Got his dirty paw prints all over this.

I was about to say, in reply to redleg's post:

The only other certainty is that if I saw Sheedy or Gubby in the street, I'd punch him in the face.

This is torturous.

I don't for a moment blame Scully though.

Forcing Scully to make a decision before he is ready, can only end badly for us.

The way I see it, the best we can do as supporters is do just that - support him and the club.

Stick fat and stay confident he will stay.

In the end if we adopt that mindset, if he goes, there's nothing we could have done to change that.

It's largely out of our hands.

By giving these rumours more legs than they deserve, we only help GWS' cause.

If he goes and we have played him in the seniors all year - what have we really lost, that we would not lose if he played out the year at Casey?

Nothing, except we've had a chance to be pre-emptively retributive.

Recalcitrant brats while we do the work for GWS, essentially.

That's what Gubby is doing his best to create - a self-fulfilling prophecy, fed by the frenzied panic of our own supporters.

It's amazing the effect confidence has.

Constantly reminding him of the GWS option makes it more feasible in Scully's mind.

If you dismiss it and treat it like it is an impossibility, that also can become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

It is not often I agree with you e25 but on this one you have my vote.

Lets not jump at shadows.

Nothing I can do about it!

Lets worry about Friday night.

is it true we definately get compensation if he leaves.. and if so how much????

Definitely.

Like with Ablett, as soon as it is announced that he is leaving, the AFL compensation committee sits down and determines what we will receive, using a pre-existing yet secret formula and then on top of that they use expert judgement in the case of any abnormalities.

I think Tom Scully is a good young man and focused on playing good footy for the melbourne footy club.

If he leaves he is a straight out DOG, and i dont think that is in his nature.

If he leaves KARMA will get him

The AFL will also have to compensate us with a Pick 1 or better.

How can the AFL let the GWS (its lovechild) take a clubs priority pick which it earnt for consecutive years on the bottom of the ladder....it just cant happen and there will be total uproar if this stupid rumour eventuates

Why is he a dog? We live in a world where we have people in sweatshops making 30c an hour while their boss makes $1500 a day. That's because the pursuit of unneccessary personal wealth at all costs (aka greed) is a perfectly acceptable part of our sick society. The very fact that GWS exists and the AFL stacks the deck in their favour is all about their sense of personal greed. Why should Scully be any different?

It is not often I agree with you e25 but on this one you have my vote.

Lets not jump at shadows.

Nothing I can do about it!

Lets worry about Friday night.

The way I see it, if I make 50 posts at least one of them has to be on the money.

By the way Melbourne should not offer anything like that he is a second year player for god sake!

I hope to hell MFC is smarter then that and not overpay. I'm actually more worried we'll lose someone else if we overpay Scully.

The window to sign free agents is gone, so don't fall into the trap of trying to match GWS.

I hope to hell MFC is smarter then that and not overpay. I'm actually more worried we'll lose someone else if we overpay Scully.

The window to sign free agents is gone, so don't fall into the trap of trying to match GWS.

Yep.

Make us bleed trying to pay Scully, then pinch Trengove for less next year...

I was really looking forward to this season but I am little interest in it now. As long as the AFL is a business venture and a livelihood for players, this type of incident will continue to happen. Sadly, it is us fans and supporters who have the real emotional investment, and it is us who really suffer. We cannot blame Tom for going, if indeed he chooses too. He has every right to do so, irrespective of anything any other person might say. The AFL has a lot to explain if this does happen, as it is unfair that a club who has struggled immenseley have one of their potential future stars and #1 draft picks taken.

Meh, I have little hope that Tom will stay now. GWS would have put an offer on the table now and Melbourne would have provided their counter-offer. His manager prolong contract negotiations until the end of the year is the nice way of saying it's a done deal. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.

Over season 2011 and it hasn't even started....

Yeah, except that:

So you'd break up with Miranda Kerr just because you got paranoid and confronted her about accusing her of cheating on you without any evidence, simply because some jealous guy from West Sydney started a rumour that she's cheating on you.

Gold.

Meh, I have little hope that Tom will stay now. GWS would have put an offer on the table now and Melbourne would have provided their counter-offer. His manager prolong contract negotiations until the end of the year is the nice way of saying it's a done deal. I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.

That's the thought that worries me. If GWS has made this offer and TS has declined in favour of stayiong at the Dees, why doesn't he just sign up with MFC now? That would kill the conjecture and lift this massive pressure off him immeditaely. Not sure why his manager wouldn't be recommending this course of action if indeed his intetnion is to stay at the Dees. There is also the chance that any of 15 other clubs could be lining him up, maybe that's what the wait is for.