ST. KILDA IN STRIFE

Grandson of a gun

It's what the Media feeds on 45. Listen to SEN at any random time, when these stories surface the Chief of staff at any News Organization goes "YES" milk it.

I have worked in 2 seperate TV news rooms over the years and they are both the same. Football & sex will always sell advertising space. When both are involved together....Jackpot Time.

I understand this - and hence it's pretty much the crux of my annoyance.

It's just ridiculous, especially considering that while Wikileaks continues to lead possibly the greatest shift in journalism/international relations in (at least my) living memory, that this trash takes up news time, air time and space in the paper - for nothing but the benefit of the news agencies themselves and the detriment of the young men involved and the girl who knows no better.

I understand this - and hence it's pretty much the crux of my annoyance.

It's just ridiculous, especially considering that while Wikileaks continues to lead possibly the greatest shift in journalism/international relations in (at least my) living memory, that this trash takes up news time, air time and space in the paper - for nothing but the benefit of the news agencies themselves and the detriment of the young men involved and the girl who knows no better.

Yes absolutely, and that is the reason i no longer work in News (or what they call news) Football always takes front page in Victoria if a story happens, regardless of the Worlds situation.

At least now with the Internet one can decide what news to read far easier than before.

If she has more photo's, which I assume she does, but doubt the players faces are visible so there's no point releasing them... It wouldn't necessarily mean she got them all from SG's computer. In fact I highly doubt SG has players from other clubs naked on his computer.

I have / had pictures of a former Demons player and his exposed member on my old phone, and other assorted pictures. Not that I'm into that sort of thing, a friend of mine would just send them on to me for a laugh.

Here's the deal, these players take photo's of themselves and send them via text or other medium to chicks, nude, in undies, flexing etc... It's just what they do, I've seen heaps of them. I shudder to think how many of them are amongst circles of good looking women, 1000's.

The girls would share them around, I bet even the players share ones of other players amongst friends if it's funny / sleazy enough.

So it would be extremely easy for this girl to gather 20 odd photos of footy players doing stupid things, extremely easy.

Sure, both ways are just as viable for collecting. The reason i used the SG example is because she seems to have a particuliar vendetta against him. So i think she got most of her info from him-but i am just guessing.

Here's the deal, these players take photo's of themselves and send them via text or other medium to chicks, nude, in undies, flexing etc... It's just what they do, I've seen heaps of them. I shudder to think how many of them are amongst circles of good looking women, 1000's.

The girls would share them around, I bet even the players share ones of other players amongst friends if it's funny / sleazy enough.

So it would be extremely easy for this girl to gather 20 odd photos of footy players doing stupid things, extremely easy.

Bingo DA.

I have no doubt ... she will go down ...

Sorry, I just had to point this out. :D

The latest set of articles include things like her admitting to engaging in group sex with players. This is a kid who desperately needs some parents to step in. Actually, she needed it a couple of years ago before she started chasing footballers around the country and shagging them en masse. Still, you'd hope that somewhere there is an adult trying to get her to pull her head in and perhaps join a convent.

Yes and she also knows or is being guided, that posting these Photos for maximum effect is not yet illegal, and i do not see how it ever will be.

Sorry, WYL but that is incorrect.

There is debate at the moment as to whether the photos (stored as 'data' on a computer) can be 'stolen' and therefore subject to a theft charge. I reckon they would be able to mount a fairly good case that it is a theft.

But there are also offences against the Victorian Crimes Act for causing a computer to perform a function without authorisation. If Gilbert wishes to pursue the matter criminally, then she can be charged with this, other related charges, and probably theft.

Being 17 does that mean she is a minor in legal terms? Or is a minor under 16? Not sure

Yes. She is not considered an adult until she turns 18 and any offences committed before she turned 18 will still be dealt with in the Childrens' Court.

Edit: However in relation to players having sex with her. Once she turns 16 then it is not illegal for a person 18 years or older to engage in consensual sex with her provided she is not under their care or supervision...

Edited by Grandson of a gun

Sorry, WYL but that is incorrect.

There is debate at the moment as to whether the photos (stored as 'data' on a computer) can be 'stolen' and therefore subject to a theft charge. I reckon they would be able to mount a fairly good case that it is a theft.

But there are also offences against the Victorian Crimes Act for causing a computer to perform a function without authorisation. If Gilbert wishes to pursue the matter criminally, then she can be charged with this, other related charges, and probably theft.

As you say, it is in Debate. If it does become a theft charge, the whole social network system will have to change.

Right now i could download your Avatar in half a sec using the keyboard functions within my computer. Is that Theft? or am i just collecting pictures from cyberspace that i like/want.

A very interesting case. I don't see how you can stop people downloading whatever they want.....will b a ground breaking court case.

Sorry, I just had to point this out. :D

The latest set of articles include things like her admitting to engaging in group sex with players. This is a kid who desperately needs some parents to step in. Actually, she needed it a couple of years ago before she started chasing footballers around the country and shagging them en masse. Still, you'd hope that somewhere there is an adult trying to get her to pull her head in and perhaps join a convent.

Yes i thought about that line when i wrote it, decided to leave it as is!!!!

That Facebook Transcript in the HUN today was pretty damming for a number of people. This whole case is still in first gear, lots of stuff will take place yet i am betting.

As you say, it is in Debate. If it does become a theft charge, the whole social network system will have to change.

Right now i could download your Avatar in half a sec using the keyboard functions within my computer. Is that Theft? or am i just collecting pictures from cyberspace that i like/want.

A very interesting case. I don't see how you can stop people downloading whatever they want.....will b a ground breaking court case.

Sorry, i perhaps wasn't clear. In this case she hasn't just downloaded something from the internet / forum / cyberspace. She has physically gone into someone's computer and without their consent, caused the original/a copy of that item to be sent to her own computer. She then uses that image as if it were her own to use.

She has appropriated property that belongs to another with dishonest intent to use it herself. The elements of a theft charge are present and i believe could be made out. Along with the specific computer related offences.

If it were to go ahead she would be processed as a child offender in the childrens' court, and given the joke that our court system currently is, regardless of the damage she has caused, she will get nothing more than a stern talking too and have to 'promise' to be a good little girl in the future.........

A slight difference to the downloading in general that you highlighted- i agree, that is highly debatable and something minds much smarter than mine are still trying to figure out.....

Edited by Grandson of a gun

Sorry, i perhaps wasn't clear. In this case she hasn't just downloaded something from the internet / forum / cyberspace. She has physically gone into someone's computer and without their consent, caused the original/a copy of that item to be sent to her own computer. She then uses that image as if it were her own to use.

She has appropriated property that belongs to another with dishonest intent to use it herself. The elements of a theft charge are present and i believe could be made out. Along with the specific computer related offences.

Alledgedly

If it were to go ahead she would be processed as a child offender in the childrens' court, and given the joke that our court system currently is, regardless of the damage she has caused, she will get nothing more than a stern talking too and have to 'promise' to be a good little girl in the future.........

A slight difference to the downloading in general that you highlighted- i agree, that is highly debatable and something minds much smarter than mine are still trying to figure out.....

Yes she has copied pictures from a computer, that also copied those same files from a mobile phone/or another computer. It is a continuous chain. SO WHO OWNS THE FILES???? Files are virtual-this is the crux of the whole case.

The files move, copies become originals....Who owns them??? It is a very grey area that is a long way from sorted.

I would be fascinated to know how many different AFL Footballers this girl has been horizontal with...i am guessing dozens & dozens, so what we are now hearing could be the Tip of the iceberg stuff.

I have no doubt in the long term she will go down, but she knows or has people telling her how far she can push this situation. She is going to set fire to many houses before the law drags her away.

Once a photo is up on an internet page it is Public Property- The same rule applies on Demonland. We can all download anything on here in less than a second.

This Little Lady has gone out with SG for a short time, has jumped on to his computer at some stage (maybe been given the password) and come across all these photos. Sam has possibly made a folder with "Footy Player Photos" or something like that, maybe a lot of different photos have been sent to him via the mobile, and he has just put them all in the one folder for a laugh.

The Girl has found them, & looked at them.

Later after the 2 have split or had a blue she has gone to the computer with a USB stick copied the lot, and thought "Right i will fix you lot"

Meanwhile stupidly SG has pretty much forgotten that the folder exists.....No excuse, but possible.

as we all know those photos can be anywhere within seconds.

This Saga is only just beginning....But it has already hurt the aints big time...

But why would SG dowwnload the photos from hos phone / camera to his computer in the first place , particularly when he was expressly asked to delete them ??? SG has a lot to answer for on a number of fronts IMO..

But why would SG dowwnload the photos from hos phone / camera to his computer in the first place , particularly when he was expressly asked to delete them ??? SG has a lot to answer for on a number of fronts IMO..

Have you ever used a digital camera?

Usually you'll take a photo or 2 that the subjects say "no that one was horrible - delete it"

Doesn't always happen straight away and you take a bunch more and forget.

When uploading to your laptop, usually you just select all of them rather than selecting indidvidual photos.

SG is in the wrong here, but I can understand how it could easily happen.

The girl clearly has a few screws loose and there was intent there even before any "wrong-doing" untowards her, as they must have been on amicable terms for SG to allow her to use his laptop.

Have you ever used a digital camera?

Usually you'll take a photo or 2 that the subjects say "no that one was horrible - delete it"

Doesn't always happen straight away and you take a bunch more and forget.

When uploading to your laptop, usually you just select all of them rather than selecting indidvidual photos.

SG is in the wrong here, but I can understand how it could easily happen.

The girl clearly has a few screws loose and there was intent there even before any "wrong-doing" untowards her, as they must have been on amicable terms for SG to allow her to use his laptop.

naaah. Gilbert's weird.

Court order won, now lets she if she breaks that rule,highly likely

Court order Shmourt order; if, and that is a big "if" she has more photos they will get out eventually. She seems to have a legion of deluded supporters- one way or another they will get out. If we don't see them soon I call b*llshit.

Guest melbman

The court order, from reading the paper http://www.theage.co...1223-19612.html, said

The teenage girl at the centre of the St Kilda nude-photo scandal has been banned from publishing or continuing to publish any other photos from footballer Sam Gilbert's computer.

Pics not originating from SG PC not covered by this court order it would seem

A good summation of the whole mess.

Was about to post this link myself.

Except for the fact this girl appears to be a pathological liar or a cunning witch whose story changes with the wind.

And she wants revenge on the Saints but is threatening to out Carlton and Swans players??

There is no doubt she is a tragic figure and if you had a 16yo like that I'm not sure what you could do to deal with it. She appears to be indiscriminate with her rage. What has NIck Dal Santo done to earn her wrath?

Hinch is no holier than though figure either. He does raise some good points but is also happy to use his voice in the media to further his own gains.

Welcome to the brave (or not so brave) new world