• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Queen's Birthday Draw decided seasons and careers.

Red and Blue Bloke

Having an extremely lazy Sunday and just watched the Queen's Birthday draw with the Pies and I was struck by how much this decided things for some of the players. I am not suggesting it was the only factor in what happened to these guys afterwards, but it seems it might have been quite profound.

Fraser, Davis, Lockyer, Medhurst, Miller, Warnock, Jetta and Bate, who all had paltry or poor games, mostly did not get much of a look in for the rest of the season and for some it ended with trade or retirement. It has been said that Jamar's goal was the death of Fraser at Collingwood, but there were a few others who's year or career was not the same after that game.

Was again amazed at how well Scully and Trengove were right at home on a 'G that was screaming it's head off. We would have won that game with Jurrah playing instead of some of these who did and were in the forward line - Green was virtually playing a lone hand that day, Killer did not have a great one (walking into O'Brien's arms with moments to go, ugh), Bate was injured/low on form and Miller did not impose himself enough (not for the first time).

Bring on 2011. I am over the "if we win X number of games and sneak into the 8 that would be good" sort of stuff - I now on the "crash, bash, tear 'em a new a-hole' train.

Warnock, Jetta and Bate..?

What about them? It hasn't had any impact on their respective careers.

Not sure what you're getting at, unless you think those 3 have been delisted.

Cos they haven't.

Cos they haven't.

Miller, Warnock, Jetta and Bate, who all had paltry or poor games, mostly did not get much of a look in for the rest of the season and for some it ended with trade or retirement

Miller, Warnock, Jetta and Bate, who all had paltry or poor games, mostly did not get much of a look in for the rest of the season and for some it ended with trade or retirement

I don't think it had anything to do with this single game.

Bate was in poor form for a stretch, Jetta was injured and Warnock was the lesser of our unusually fit bevy of tall defenders.

I was at that game with a bunch of old friends from when I grew in Collingwood. We always have a reunion on QBW every year. They are all dog mad Collingwood supporters.

They have never rated any Melbourne player in a positive manner in the past, only offer derision and scorn. But they were highly impressed with Mark Jamar. They were asking who was that man mountain, incredible strength. They thought he was awesome. Funny though how they didn't seem to know he's been around more than a few years. They hated Fraser that day and served it up too him big time. As for Warnock, Bate and Jetta. They may be in limbo at the moment but next year is a new ball game.

Edited by america de cali

Guest 36DD

I wish Ross Lyon has of watched this match prior to the Grand Final and subsequent replay.

He may have realised that to beat Collingwood you must take risks and not do a dinky kick to a back pocket option from a point kick in, then let the player turn his back on the game, go back, assess his options then kick to a contest.

I seem to remember in that match we had a problem with their forward line pressure from point kick ins which was rectified when we stacked one side of the ground with numbers and kicked to a big option, usually Jamar and there were numbers at the fall of the ball.

Queens Birthday could be a watershead game for our club, I feel we have a game style and a team that can match the Pies and expect St Kilda, the Doggies and Cats to drop off the pace.

Didn't Bate kick a pretty good goal in the final quarter?

The curious thing was Collingwood really went up a level from then on. I'm really looking forward to seeing how we match up on them next year.

I just remember Jones' smother in that match. Makes me shake my head at those wanting to trade him.

Cos they haven't.

dude do you ever say anything positive?

AND iirc Watts getting caught by O'Brien was Miller's fault.

Pretty obvious if you watch it again closely.

Yup. Still a moment where you thought someone would put it up on youtube with some Mario soundtrack...

Sure enough...

Edited by Dappa Dan

dude do you ever say anything positive?

If you paid any attention, you'd see that I do.

(some of my friends actually accuse me of being overly positive.)

It's simple: when I see an opinion that I don't agree with, I say so and point out why.

It's what a forum is for. Discussion.

If all our opinions were the same there'd be nothing to discuss.

Yup. Still a moment where you thought someone would put it up on youtube with some Mario soundtrack...

Sure enough...

While Jack should have looked to maximise the the first option, Miller's lack of a shepherd was an example of (and indicative of) his decision making gaps at the top level. I just dont see why the media are labelling him a "strongman option" for Richmond. He just isnt that sort of player.

While Jack should have looked to maximise the the first option, Miller's lack of a shepherd was an example of (and indicative of) his decision making gaps at the top level. I just dont see why the media are labelling him a "strongman option" for Richmond. He just isnt that sort of player.

Miller's flimsy powder puff tackle on Medhurst who gets away from Miller's grasp is also evidence. Richmond and CC will believe otherwise, they may prefer the social pages.

Looks can be deceiving.

Miller's flimsy powder puff tackle on Medhurst who gets away from Miller's grasp is also evidence. Richmond and CC will believe otherwise, they may prefer the social pages.

Looks can be deceiving.

I think Richmond have targetted Miller as a fantastic leader who will train his heart out to get the most out of his ability. If others on their list can mimic these attributes, the Richmond FD will be quite happy IMO.

We mustn't forget that, despite his limitations as a player, he was voted into our leadership group as recently as this season.

I think Richmond have targetted Miller as a fantastic leader who will train his heart out to get the most out of his ability. If others on their list can mimic these attributes, the Richmond FD will be quite happy IMO.

We mustn't forget that, despite his limitations as a player, he was voted into our leadership group as recently as this season.

That not what the media have indicated. (Assuming they dont make it up B) ).

I would have thought there are potentially better examples of those attributes with a greater upside in performance.

If the Tigers recruiting Miller with leadership high on the agenda it speaks poorly about the attributes in their existing list and their recruiters IMO.

I have no qualms about Richmond improving their leadership standards. I think in some ways that also speaks volumes or highlights the lack of leadership at Richmond. Hence the requirement. Nevertheless the recent inclusion into our leadership is also reflective of our list's leadership of recent times. By delisting him is a sign that our list is improving; so too our leadership alternatives. At ~27 years of age (usually when a footy player's at their prime) hopefully he can add something for Richmond Football Club. Either on the field or on the catwalk.

If you paid any attention, you'd see that I do.

(some of my friends actually accuse me of being overly positive.)

It's simple: when I see an opinion that I don't agree with, I say so and point out why.

It's what a forum is for. Discussion.

If all our opinions were the same there'd be nothing to discuss.

You are easily the most scruitinised poster on Demonland. It puzzles, yet amuses me greatly. :lol::)

You are easily the most scruitinised poster on Demonland. It puzzles, yet amuses me greatly. :lol::)

Well now that we no longer have arguments about the relative greatness of players who are 192cm, we have so much more time on our hands to scrutinise other posters.

I think the scrutiny is a direct result of the amount of crap I post.

And someone needs to fill the void left by YM and Freak since they don't pop up much anymore.

Something (your posting) tells me that you're trying too hard to do just this.

Hmmmm... not really.

Just sometimes I feel like being a smart [censored].

I'm always right, but always prepared to take the [censored] out of myself (& others).

Not trying to fill anyone's shoes, but at the same time I'm aware of how it looks.

Either way, MCC is much like the rest of the G, but less bogan behaviour (because the bogans know to behave themselves or lose their membership), comfier seats from

memory, more expensive food and a better view.

AND beer in a glass.

Edited by High Tower
Unnecessary language.

Hmmmm... not really.

Just sometimes I feel like being a smart [censored].

I'm always right, but always prepared to take the [censored] out of myself (& others).

Not trying to fill anyone's shoes, but at the same time I'm aware of how it looks.

Either way, MCC is much like the rest of the G, but less bogan behaviour (because the bogans know to behave themselves or lose their membership), comfier seats from

memory, more expensive food and a better view.

AND beer in a glass.

Hrm...It seems like you've taken to making many of your posts reflect who you are as a poster, the way you post in regards to others or the way in which you post regardless of the subject matter - hence why you have now posted the second half of this post in the wrong thread.

Edited by High Tower
to reflect E25's post

Yep. Probably.

Distracted by my own ego & self-importance.

Back on topic then:

the QB game, I think, gave a lot of our players confidence they could compete against a top 4 side and now that they have won the GF, will aid our young players greatly.