The Liam Jurrah Appreciation Thread

Green Machine

I'm pretty sure that one day Liam Jurrah is going to say "I'm going to kick 20 today, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop me".

Hopefully this occurs on Grand Final day, as we smash Carlton by 20 goals and I can proceed to die happy!

Deal. Then we can do it to Collingwood the following year. Then we'll all be happy. Except Chook, who wants it to be the Hawks. So we'll do it to the Hawks the year after and make it a three-peat.

We can only dream.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard Chuck Norris once tried to stop Liam Jurrah in a dark alleyway, was left with 2 broken legs, 2 broken arms, a broken jaw. He was later heard as saying I just got hit by a JURRAHCANE

I'm pretty sure that one day Liam Jurrah is going to say "I'm going to kick 20 today, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop me".

Hopefully this occurs on Grand Final day, as we smash Carlton by 20 goals and I can proceed to die happy!

Hahaha nice, funny thing is if it all clicks he just might, definitely 10+ probably should've been 8 yesterday, and how true when people say he sets up as many as he kicks (Very rare in a good forward). Goals per game average is very exciting, bring on 2011 and beyond. And Nost I stole that superman gag for facebook hope you dont mind, was a little ripper just like you LJ!!

seriously it is worth a bet if you get tenners or so for it

For sure if he gets a full pre season and plays every game, for sure!! If he carries in this confidence and the Dees continue to get the ball inside 50 fast like they have been, Jurrah for Coleman and then maybe even Prime Minister! By the way I'm guessin' you'd get much better than 10-1 for him when odds released. B)

Edited by Deemort

You'll get better odds than that.

Call any agent now and get on!

Let us know those odds when they come through- If Riewoldt from the Tiges can do it...!! While your there ask how much for a future brownlow for Scully and a top 3 finish in brownlow betting for Sylvia next year.

Let us know those odds when they come through- If Riewoldt from the Tiges can do it...!! While your there ask how much for a future brownlow for Scully and a top 3 finish in brownlow betting for Sylvia next year.

This time last year I got $501 on Jack Grimes finishing top 5. I reckon you'd get at least 100-1 on Sylvia, maybe even as much as 250-1.

You could probably write your own ticket to some degree on Skull.

Jurrah? Even these exhibition games are enough to change markets, I'd say around at least 16's or 25-1. Wait a month or so and it will drift.

I had Sylvia at 751-1 this time last year with Eskander.

Then he broke his cheekbone (or Kennedy did for him).

Can't remember the Coleman odds on Jurrah, but they were better than that.

But he went & had a shoulder reco not long after.

Betting is a mug's game.

I had Sylvia at 751-1 this time last year with Eskander.

Then he broke his cheekbone (or Kennedy did for him).

Can't remember the Coleman odds on Jurrah, but they were better than that.

But he went & had a shoulder reco not long after.

Betting is a mug's game.

I'd imagine last year Jurrah's were much much higher. This year, probably not as high and if you checked in this week, even on the back of a meaningless game, kicking 5.4 would see the market shrink.

I was with Betstar also for Grimes, big difference between he and Sylvia. I suggest those two may trade places on this years market.

How awesome would it b if Jurrah became our first ever 100 goal kicker. Touch wood the gods watch over him and he remains injury free.

This was a great Report on Liam from last year.

He will be the first Demon to kick a 100 goals in a season. Hopefully with multiple Premiership medalions to take home to his tribe, once his career has finished.

Liam just play your natural game. Let the opposition try and work you out..

There's been alot of talk since the attempt to land Hale about the second ruck/key forward position. I think it's Jurrahtime. I'm talking 85% of the game in the forward 50 and 15% of the time relieving Jamar in the ruck. I'm sure the first instinct of most is, "he's one our most important players, let's not risk injuring him in the middle" but I think with the change to the interchange rule we need to be open to something very leftfield. We've all focused on how different Jurrah is and how he plays on instinct. He could become the Polly Farmer of the new millenium. We'd obsiously try to avoid a scenario where Mumford, Jolly or Sandilands was crashing into him. But picture a scenario where he's flying over the top of the second ruckmen like Pike, Brown or Bradley. He'd kill them in the air and burn them off around the ground. It may not work against every team but it's certainly an option I'd like to see occur. I'm also a big fan of Martin and see him playing down back. If Jurrah was clearly struggling against a big bodied second ruck we could certainly throw him in for a few minutes each quarter. We've heard stories of Jurrah playing in the ruck back home and we've seen his natural desire to go third man up during ball ups in our forward 50. It's time to unleash the Jurrahcane and let him do what he was sent to the big smoke to do - revolutionize our one true Indigenous game!

There's been alot of talk since the attempt to land Hale about the second ruck/key forward position. I think it's Jurrahtime. I'm talking 85% of the game in the forward 50 and 15% of the time relieving Jamar in the ruck. I'm sure the first instinct of most is, "he's one our most important players, let's not risk injuring him in the middle" but I think with the change to the interchange rule we need to be open to something very leftfield. We've all focused on how different Jurrah is and how he plays on instinct. He could become the Polly Farmer of the new millenium. We'd obsiously try to avoid a scenario where Mumford, Jolly or Sandilands was crashing into him. But picture a scenario where he's flying over the top of the second ruckmen like Pike, Brown or Bradley. He'd kill them in the air and burn them off around the ground. It may not work against every team but it's certainly an option I'd like to see occur. I'm also a big fan of Martin and see him playing down back. If Jurrah was clearly struggling against a big bodied second ruck we could certainly throw him in for a few minutes each quarter. We've heard stories of Jurrah playing in the ruck back home and we've seen his natural desire to go third man up during ball ups in our forward 50. It's time to unleash the Jurrahcane and let him do what he was sent to the big smoke to do - revolutionize our one true Indigenous game!

I like it in the right situation. Against the Brennan types or any developing kids...

He'd make Naitanui's 2nd efforts look like the embarrassing fumbles that they are.

Would need a massive pre-season.

WOW.

That is leftfield if I've ever seen it.

Nice 'Vibes, nice.

I don't like the sound of it though.

If he was going up against a bloke like Dunn or Sylvia, yeah, sure.

But I think Pyke, Brown, et al are still too big and I'd hate to see him beaten up or hurt in a ruck contest.

Edited by E25

I don't see Liam as a centre based Ruckman at all, in fact i would let Liam run anywhere on the field except there!!!

He did it in round 22 against the Kangas, but that was more due to the fact that there was no-one else available for that bounce. He won the tap, collected it and kicked it into the forward-line. Unfortunately, Liam Jurrah was nowhere to be found at the end of the kick. I wonder where he could have been.

It's certainly leftfield and suggested with my tongue reasonably firmly planted in cheek but I'd love to see what happened. I think he'd make alot of ruckmen look very silly (just in the centre square) and he'd carve up around the ground. Who knows what other teams will be throwing up as a relief ruckman with the new interchange rules. The game is changing . . .

Edited by Goodvibes

It's certainly leftfield and suggested with my tongue reasonably firmly planted in cheek but I'd love to see what happened. I think he'd make alot of ruckmen look very silly (just in the centre square) and he'd carve up around the ground. Who knows what other teams will be throwing up as a relief ruckman with the new interchange rules. The game is changing . . .

Fair point, i just love the way you can tell that Liam just does what he does, Coaching him would be a challenge. What would you say except encourage him to just go for it.

He reads the ball almost before it happens. And his balance in the air..can you teach that???

It's a joy to watch is all i can say. Lets hope in 2011 he plays a full season.

I'd like to see his body stand up to a half a season let a lone a full season in the fwd line before chucking our most valuable scoring asset up the ground.

I never seen a player with greater goal sense, why would you move him away from the sticks at any time for any reason

Agreed. Like the Hawks moving Franklin up the ground, boggles my mind.