Kyle Cheney

blueprint

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure that it was clear from day dot. He was a third round draft pick from memory. Following Morton, Grimes & Maric. Clearly as time progressed his attributes were limited. Pace being one of them. Cheney's "development" soon solidified the FD's thoughts given the requirements and positions taken up by other players on the list.

Must also be noted that he wasn't picked up in the draft by the incumbent head of recruiting.

Suppose thats the main answer to my question, different philosophys of different football departments.It would be interesting to see how we would have fared in that 07 draft if BP and co were already in charge of recruiting compared to the choices Cameron made. Grimes was a beauty, but questions may need to be asked about the other picks at such a crucial time in our rebuild. Easy in hindsight i suppose.

So although he is going to stay in China do you think Bailey will still give Cheney a run now he's no longer a Demon? Would be a bit odd having a hawks player playing a game for the dees...

The Hawks wont allow him to play, so no, he wont be getting a run.

The Hawks wont allow him to play, so no, he wont be getting a run.

He is still an MFC player till the end of this month...that is per contract..

Good trade. McNamara has a much higher chance of offering something to this side, so I'm more than happy to let Cheney go for the pick we received as that will allow us to keep TMac on the list.

This is of course assuming we choose to delist PJ, not TMac. Which we'd be stupid not to do.

Edited by titan_uranus

All I know is that Hawthorn got the better of that trade. One of the guys at work is a hawks supporter and he was smiling from ear to ear.

Don't mind that we gave Fetta a chance elsewhere, what ticks me off is that it was Hawthorn we gave the gift to. Hawthorn have been impossible to trade with, and we go and gift them Fetta for nothing.

Lets just hope Fetta does not get too good.

As for the dees, we now have something to do on draft day. Watch at least 2 draft selections get made!!

Frankly, I'm surprised he ever went to China and moreso that he's staying in China.

Bizarre set of circumstances.

Agreed but i think its because some of the expenses came out of his own pocket so i suppose a holiday would not be a bad idea

Good trade. McNamara has a much higher chance of offering something to this side, so I'm more than happy to let Cheney go for the pick we received as that will allow us to keep TMac on the list.

This is of course assuming we choose to delist PJ, not TMac. Which we'd be stupid not to do.

I think you will find we delist both so we can usw the extra third round pick from the hawks for cheney. Mcnamara could be a chance to be re-drafted as a rookie if not taken elsewhere (which is unlikely as he has not shown enough to be picked up elsewhere IMO).

"What makes him think he'll be a regular starter for them?"

Our defence is the awesomest in the universe and will be like that for at least five years, and the Hawks are all old, slow, or one-dimensional?

;)

Well, I for one wish him all the best and hope he develops to be the Hawks Nick Maxwell, except standing upright.

We lost in that.

we sure did, don't know what they were thinking but anyway he probably wasn't going to get a real go with all the other young blokes on list, should have tried to do a swap though. I mean what's pick 52?? another Cheney probably unless we fluke it

we sure did, don't know what they were thinking but anyway he probably wasn't going to get a real go with all the other young blokes on list, should have tried to do a swap though. I mean what's pick 52?? another Cheney probably unless we fluke it

I think we'll pass on pick 52 or use it to upgrade a rookie...I'm not sure how it works. Someone else will fill you in on that.

We just got rid of him for nothing at all. But yes, he wasn't going to get a game for us. He won't for the Hawks either.

I would like to move Bartram on as soon as possible also.

His inability to use the footy creates a serious weak link in the defense.

But... Bartram has always had good pace and a good tank, so he can lock down on small forwards.

Cheney is not going to suddenly get faster or taller.

Blair was lucky. You get that. Steve Armstrong was the same.

I'm interested in building a dynasty. And Fetta is not a 12th mid/fp rotating off the bench.

Your joking right E25? Move Bart on! He gives his guts week in week out and does a bloody good job. And his disposal ain't that bad. There are quite a few ahead of him.

And you think my trade suggestions are stupid! Trading Bart is like trading a soul! He is one of the hardest workers at the club and you want too [censored] him off!

Your a joke!

Edited by Dee tention

Your joking right E25? Move Bart on! He gives his guts week in week out and does a bloody good job. And his disposal ain't that bad. There are quite a few ahead of him.

And you think my trade suggestions are stupid! Trading Bart is like trading a soul! He is one of the hardest workers at the club and you want too [censored] him off!

Your a joke!

You don't win premierships with players who butcher it like he does.

Your a joke!

Steady on here.

Bartram is actually an interesting case. His disposal is horrendous at the best of times but gee whizz his aggression in the backline is top notch and he can run with his man all day long!

The club seems to see him as an integral part of the backline and have praised his rise in 2010. He played his role INCREDIBLY well. HOWEVER... his kicking MUST be fixed up or he will be overtaken - a premiership team cannot have a guy making disposals such as his.

For now though... Clint has risen to the occasion and is a new-found gem and if he can improve in 2011 as much as he did in 2010, he'll be here to stay. I have no doubt about that.

All I know is that Hawthorn got the better of that trade. One of the guys at work is a hawks supporter and he was smiling from ear to ear.

Don't mind that we gave Fetta a chance elsewhere, what ticks me off is that it was Hawthorn we gave the gift to. Hawthorn have been impossible to trade with, and we go and gift them Fetta for nothing.

You should realise that benevolence has its own rewards.

You don't win premierships with players who butcher it like he does.

Allen Toovey!

You don't need 22 superstars to win a premiership.

You need 5 guns + at least 9 very good players... the rest can be disciplined role players

Quite a few? I'd struggle to name more than three in our best 22!

I'm not sure how we lost.

If he had not been contracted and we delisted him/he walked we would have got nothing.

Since he was contracted, he would have been taking up a spot for a year before that occurred.

We would also have had very little space on our primary list for upgrades/draftees.

Instead, we created space to use pick 32.

We also upgraded pick 66 to pick 52 in case we have another two departures (ie. TMac and PJ).

He is one of the hardest workers at the club and you want too [censored] him off!

I am still wreteched over what they did to Simon Godfrey.

Quite a few? I'd struggle to name more than three in our best 22!

I'm not sure how we lost.

If he had not been contracted and we delisted him/he walked we would have got nothing.

Since he was contracted, he would have been taking up a spot for a year before that occurred.

We would also have had very little space on our primary list for upgrades/draftees.

Instead, we created space to use pick 32.

We also upgraded pick 66 to pick 52 in case we have another two departures (ie. TMac and PJ).

Fair summary and to think the selectors will not be under pressure to move Garland forward to fit Cheney in the 22. B)

Good outcome all round. Fetta was never going to hold down a regular spot in our best 22, and he now gets an opportunity to do so at another club. Good luck to him.