Jared Brennan

Mad_Melbourne

i dont see why melbourne wouldnt be chasing jared brennan harder than hale, if gold coast are only offereing pick 15, although brisbane are not budging on pick in top 10, do you think we will be able to convince them that 12 and 32 for their later round pick is worth it.

i would personally be not too upset to see this kind of trade happen, as he can play ruck, good athleticism and can sit in our forward line?

i dont know if a post like this had been started but i just figure david hale is no where near as good, or wouldnt help our development as much as brennan could?

i dont see why melbourne wouldnt be chasing jared brennan harder than hale, if gold coast are only offereing pick 15, although brisbane are not budging on pick in top 10, do you think we will be able to convince them that 12 and 32 for their later round pick is worth it.

i would personally be not too upset to see this kind of trade happen, as he can play ruck, good athleticism and can sit in our forward line?

i dont know if a post like this had been started but i just figure david hale is no where near as good, or wouldnt help our development as much as brennan could?

they play in differant positions. you need to read the hale thread. there are lots of players better than him, he fills a role

brennan, can play that ruckman forward role though, he helped out in brisbanes ruck

He's not the type we need.

Lynden Dunn is capable of stints in the ruck.

So is Sylvia.

We want a big lump of a bloke who can be a tall target at FF and contest as a ruckman.

He's also insurance in case Jamar should get injured.

brennan, can play that ruckman forward role though, he helped out in brisbanes ruck

So we recruit a tall winger to be ruck?

The reason why Bailey is going after the Hale-type is to kill (or fill) two holes in our 22 with the same player:

1. Tall FP or the 'get-out' forward

2. A back up ruck to help Jamar

Brennan helps the second; but he is slight so I don't know by how much.

He doesn't help the first need though.

Edited by rpfc

i guess, but hale will mean we have to drop one of, dunn, watts, jurrah, i dont know i personally dont like the idea of hale so i was looking at another option haha

brennan 195, 96 kilos isnt too badder option as an athletic stay at home forward or flanker to mix up around there?

i guess, but hale will mean we have to drop one of, dunn, watts, jurrah, i dont know i personally dont like the idea of hale so i was looking at another option haha

brennan 195, 96 kilos isnt too badder option as an athletic stay at home forward or flanker to mix up around there?

Why?

when i mean drop i mean out of the top 22

as we did most of the season without a back up ruckman?

and we need to keep defender/ midfielders, so one of our forwards will logically miss out

I personally would prefer to give up Pick 12 for Brennan rather than picking up Hale. Brennan can play ruck and be more dominant than Hale around stoppages. He is an extra midfielder who can expose other sluggish ruckman with his athletic abilities. Also plays forward with plenty of x-factor. His height and weight and leap is difficult to match up on. Brennan, Jurrah, Petterd, Dunn, Watts, Sylvia, Aussie/Jetta and Green is a great mix down forward.

I do believe we need to trade Maric and possibly also Warnock. I would prefer to keep Warnock though! I would even throw Bate's name around.

Could we trade Bate and Maric too Richmond for there 1st round pick? Possible! Thats pick 6 I think. Or Essendon Pick 8? They are both still young and will impact in another side. I cant see them playing for the Dee's best 22 consistently. Craig Cameron recruited both so Richmond could be interested.

Or is Bate worth Pick 15 to go to the Gold Coast if we snag Brennan with Pick 12?

IN - Pick 6 or 8, Brennan, 31, not sure on our other picks

OUT - Bate, Maric, Pick 12

Brennan is not worth the two picks mentioned. If Brisbane want to hold out for a top 10 pick then they can watch him go in the PSD.

Who would you prefer. Brennan or Hale?

when i mean drop i mean out of the top 22

as we did most of the season without a back up ruckman?

Hale takes the spot PJ occupied for eight games this season. For the remainder it doesn't have to be one of the tall forwards that falls out, as Hale should be behind them in forward merit anyway.

Hale takes the spot PJ occupied for eight games this season. For the remainder it doesn't have to be one of the tall forwards that falls out, as Hale should be behind them in forward merit anyway.

I watch a number of Brisbane games on TV, and probably 3 or 4 live each year (I live in Qld). The 2 players that always get the bulk of my attention are Brennan and Sherman.

For those that say we should get Brennan, all I ask is how many Lions games have you seen? My strong opinions on him are;

* He's one of the most inconsistent playing for Brisbane.

* He needs to get this obsession of holding the ball with his one hand out of his game. He tries to do it almost everytime he gets the ball, which in turn means he is not always taking the first/best option.

* His work ethic when playing up forward is appalling. He may offer one lead, but very rarely will he offer that 2nd or 3rd lead that is often required.

* When he's not "on", his body language is terrible.

* His disposal is woeful, especially by foot.

There you go, enough reasons for us NOT to get Brennan??? I can assure you, I'm critical on both lads mentioned, but I'm getting to the stage of having a large supporter-base against Brennan, and once these people started opening their eyes, they totally agree about my point.

Hale is the perfect fit, as is Jesse White from Sydney. I think we will be looking for a pick around 28-32 for Hale, not sure if our 32 will get the deal done with Gold Coast having 27 (I think).

* He's one of the most inconsistent playing for Brisbane.

* He needs to get this obsession of holding the ball with his one hand out of his game. He tries to do it almost everytime he gets the ball, which in turn means he is not always taking the first/best option.

* His work ethic when playing up forward is appalling. He may offer one lead, but very rarely will he offer that 2nd or 3rd lead that is often required.

* When he's not "on", his body language is terrible.

* His disposal is woeful, especially by foot.

i agree with these points, but a new club will offer him a new surroundings, and hopefully more discipline.

- although he is inconsistent still averaged about 18 disposals a game, usually having alot of attention

-agreed first option is something that needs to be worked on

-yes

-didnt watch enough to know

-disposal is on/off, no worse than cameron bruce or nathan jones,

the point is like all players he has problems, so i can see why you dont like him, but he has a massive upside aswell, he can tear a game apart in a matter of 10 minutes, which i think would be a handy asset, especially with the new interchange rules.

throw him on the field midway 3rd quarter losing by 20 points and see if he can make some magic, id much prefer that to hale sitting in the goal square.

i agree with these points, but a new club will offer him a new surroundings, and hopefully more discipline.

- although he is inconsistent still averaged about 18 disposals a game, usually having alot of attention

-agreed first option is something that needs to be worked on

-yes

-didnt watch enough to know

-disposal is on/off, no worse than cameron bruce or nathan jones,

the point is like all players he has problems, so i can see why you dont like him, but he has a massive upside aswell, he can tear a game apart in a matter of 10 minutes, which i think would be a handy asset, especially with the new interchange rules.

throw him on the field midway 3rd quarter losing by 20 points and see if he can make some magic, id much prefer that to hale sitting in the goal square.

I'm not willing to risk giving him a new Club just to hopefulyl change his attitude. Pretty hard thing to change is the attitude.

In response to your points;

* He rarely had a lot of attention. Yeah sure, he had an opponent, but never a hard tag. I don't like using the avg disposal card in an arguement, not in todays footy.

* Do you want our key forward to have on/off disposal? I don't. Afterall, that's what we are chasing, a Key Forward that can play 2nd ruck. I want my forward to have great disposal when kicking for goal. If they don't, I'd want Jarrod Roughead who is proven at kicking big bags of goals to go with his big bags of points.

We have that game breaker, actually in 3 years we will have a few. Jurrah is it at the moment, but Scully and Trangove will join him (if they haven't already). Problem with Brennan's 10 minutes bursts is just that, they go for 10 minutes, and while he may have an impact, they are to infrequent.

Sorry Mad, you have given me nothing to even remotely resemble considering Brennan. It will take a lot of work to convince me, but I'm open, just give me something!!! So far you've agfreed on most things that should mean we don't take him!

Edited by billy2803

Brennan will cost an arm and a leg to get, and his attitude problems are well documented.

I am not big on Hale either, but I would think we would have to give more to get Brennan which could turn out being an equally poor move to giving up something significant for Hale.

Both Hale and Brennan come an inflated prices, at least Hale seemingly fits a "need"

I'm not willing to risk giving him a new Club just to hopefulyl change his attitude. Pretty hard thing to change is the attitude.

In response to your points;

* He rarely had a lot of attention. Yeah sure, he had an opponent, but never a hard tag. I don't like using the avg disposal card in an arguement, not in todays footy.

* Do you want our key forward to have on/off disposal? I don't. Afterall, that's what we are chasing, a Key Forward that can play 2nd ruck. I want my forward to have great disposal when kicking for goal. If they don't, I'd want Jarrod Roughead who is proven at kicking big bags of goals to go with his big bags of points.

We have that game breaker, actually in 3 years we will have a few. Jurrah is it at the moment, but Scully and Trangove will join him (if they haven't already). Problem with Brennan's 10 minutes bursts is just that, they go for 10 minutes, and while he may have an impact, they are to infrequent.

Sorry Mad, you have given me nothing to even remotely resemble considering Brennan. It will take a lot of work to convince me, but I'm open, just give me something!!! So far you've agfreed on most things that should mean we don't take him!

i got nothing, i agree with all your points.

im more on the opposed to hale side so i figured this was a viable option, i wouldnt be disappointed to see brennan in the red and blue next season, and if he did i hope his attitude would change.

agreed on the disposal, as it is a big part of our game plan, but i think that it is all a concentration issue, it is not like he cant kick, coz when he is on he kicks well, he just needs that concentration, but agreed 75goals - 74 points isnt good enough.

i just dont like hale, and was looking for another option, as you stated earlier, jesse white would be awesome. i just cant see hale being as important to us as a more athletic player, thats just me.