A drawn Grand Final

Dappa Dan

Yeah it was a good game to be at. 2nd draw of the year after queens birthday. Certainly Ross Lyon has to do different things next week.

Such as make sure you have a foward to put on Maxwell.

The amount of times he is left alone to double team riewoldt was ridiculous.

Play Goddard foward. He showed today he can mark and kick.

Go with 2 ruckman. McEvoy should never had been dropped. Jolly dominated although Kosi did well when he went onto him. Also Gardner has a hammy apparantley so get another ruckman.

Also if the pies win then they still wouldnt have won a grand final in september. The colliwobbles are still there.

But please saints you deserve the win and players that give there guts every week such as Hayes, Goddard and Riewoldt deserve a flag.

Up until the third quarter I thought it was a fairly boring game.

A lot of players from both sides I hardly noticed:

-Shaw

-Dal Santo

-Gram

-Didak

-Davis

-Montagna

-Milne

-Ray

-Beams

I thought Fisher kept St Kilda in the game early on, I have never barracked so hard for a team other than Melbourne like I did with St Kilda today.

Another week of Collingwood fans, I don't know if I can handle it.

I thought St. Kilda were awesome. It's a filthy club, with all the criminal stuff. But Lenny Hayes and Brendon Goddard were extraordinary. You just got a sense of "there's no way we're going down" with them. They have my total respect. Hayes' goal in the last quarter and Goddard's mark were inspirational. I think the Saints are going to [censored] the filth next week. And I'll be cheering them on -- they deserve it.

I can't remember who nailed Didak in the tackle. But it was absolute gold. Fabulous game and great to shut the filth fans up. I think they'll be a lot quieter this week, the ongrels.

Amazing game. So hard at it. Saints earnt a lot of respect from me today. Hayes in particular. And Goddard. That mark was something special.

Peoples' thoughts? Should they change the rules to extra time? I must admit I love the idea we get another game. But then if it happened to the Dees, I'd be devastated. Particularly if it was us that came back like that.

NO! 'IMhumbleO'.

Our game is an indigenous game. It is an original. It is a masterpiece.

Change for the recent fashion/moods sake, in a disposable hurried world. No way.

Keep it as it is. The drama is irreplaceable & the proper way is to do it again for a real premiership.

I thought St. Kilda were awesome. It's a filthy club, with all the criminal stuff. But Lenny Hayes and Brendon Goddard were extraordinary. You just got a sense of "there's no way we're going down" with them. They have my total respect. Hayes' goal in the last quarter and Goddard's mark were inspirational. I think the Saints are going to [censored] the filth next week. And I'll be cheering them on -- they deserve it.

I can't remember who nailed Didak in the tackle. But it was absolute gold. Fabulous game and great to shut the filth fans up. I think they'll be a lot quieter this week, the ongrels.

Dawson nailed Didak, and boy wasn't it magical!

Dawson nailed Didak, and boy wasn't it magical!

Just beautiful. The other thing learnt from today -- and seen with the Demons in the Queen's Birthday match -- is that if you can weather Collingwood's initial onslaught, you're totally in the game.

That game was amazing. So many courageous acts players just going in head first was great to watch. What a champion Goddard is, ruthless aggression from a such a talented player. My favorite part was a vital part in the game and Swan had been dodging people all day, he got the ball side stepped one player, then took oh Hayes and Hayes just smashed him, put him down and got holding the ball, match turner.

Amazing game. So hard at it. Saints earnt a lot of respect from me today. Hayes in particular. And Goddard. That mark was something special.

Peoples' thoughts? Should they change the rules to extra time? I must admit I love the idea we get another game. But then if it happened to the Dees, I'd be devastated. Particularly if it was us that came back like that.

Pretty sure they'll have to.

Next years GF is on Oct 1 (and Vic Cricket [they get the MCG from Oct 1 onwards] only agreed after a lot of arm twisting). Don't think the AFL will have the luxury of a second Sat on standby that late into October.

It will be interesting after this year what happens. I think that a draw in a grand final should remain a draw. To win the premiership a team should win the game in time allocated.... It is unique to our game and should not be taken away. Three times it has happened VFL/AFL history?? Lucky it was two melborne based teams. Imagine the uproar if it had been the Lions v Port grand final....

I thought St.Kilda suffered badly for most of the game with poor delivery into the forward line

Put it down to nerves or pressure but it cost them. All the more credit though to their fightback, they just worked harder than collingwood in the 2nd half

Anyone know what Gardiners injury is?

If Lenny Hayes missed out on the NSM he woulda been stiff aswell .

In and under tough stuff and also really noticable late in the game .

Goddards mark puts Leo Barry's to shame , that was a real GF highlight.

Huge mark in time on and kicked the goal ... Awesome .

great game, good umpiring, swallowed the whistle in pack situations, if collingwood lose next week, they can blame bad kicking at goal this week, cloke(2), blair , thomas all missed gettable goals, collingwood long bombed too often towards the goal, thus giving rushed points a good game

Great game. To me it was almost a replay of the Collingwood/Melbourne draw earlier this year but with more pressure. In both games Collingwood powered out and looked to dominate with a big early lead. Both Melbourne and St Kilda managed to eke their way back into the game on limited forays inside 50. Collingwood were very wasteful in both games. Both Melbourne and St Kilda had the final chance to pinch the game at the death.

As to the draw, I would prefer extra time. I remember 1977. There was a lot of disruption for everyone and the replay was an anticlimax with everyone glad to get it out of the way.

Allright, I wasn't alive in '77, but I'm really not getting all this outrage from the media, and many fans. The players it is kind of understandable.

However, aren't draws part of our game? surely the last game of the year should not go to a 5th quarter.

Only the third time in history this has happened.

To be honest calls that "there wasn't a result" are total bs. A draw is a result. So go and play next week with OT rules for common sense.

This just won't happen all that often because draws don't happen all that often.