Bailey on SEN

old dee

Really?

I was left a bit cold. He's already huge, and while he moved ok, he did about as well as you'd assume a player of that size would.

Kind of reminds me a bit of a poor man's Hurley. Which is as good as saying he'll be an ok player. But do we need another ok player in the forward line? We need one just a fraction taller, so he's not dwarfed by the bigger key backs.

Just for the record- Two of the best full forwards I have seen in the last 30 years are Tony Modra and Json Dunstall- they are both 188 cms tall- same as LJ.However, I think LJ is actually taller around the 191 cm tall. Tony Lockett is 191 cms tall and Matty Lloyd -192 cms tall.(Souce Wikipedia)

Jack Darling has grown a little- 191 cms tall- hard nose with a bit of mongrel whom I feel needs to get out of Perth and would be ideal if we wanted or able to take him.If not go for a versatile tall in Watson.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least he should have no fear on the field then? B)

I think the issues on Darling are more off the field.

I think if we got Lynch it would really be a slap in the face to Brad Miller.Around the same age, ability and height.

Hardly. Different size. Different type of player. Millers opportunities were his own and even he is gracious enough to acknowledge where he is and the fair chance MFC gave him.

Geelong recruited Ottens & J Pod, that's hardly working with what they had. Also Tom Hawkwins was drafted only a couple of years ago to play key position.

Hawkins was a Father/Son gratuity

Geelong recruited Ottens & J Pod, that's hardly working with what they had. Also Tom Hawkwins was drafted only a couple of years ago to play key position.

they traded for ottens, yes. primarily for the ruck.not full forward. differnance with the rest. they drafted not traded. which is what people suggest we do.

nathan ablett won a flag too, i know many collingwood supporters who think that with cloke having so many shots , hes bound to get one through the big sticks at some stage.

Edited by Al`s DEMONS

I think the issues on Darling are more off the field.

Hardly. Different size. Different type of player. Millers opportunities were his own and even he is gracious enough to acknowledge where he is and the fair chance MFC gave him.

Hawkins was a Father/Son gratuity

You are kidding re the diffeent size re Miller & Lynch-

Miller-193 cms- 96 kls

Lynch- 194 cms- 104 kls

Source- Wilkipedia

You are kidding re the diffeent size re Miller & Lynch-

Miller-193 cms- 96 kls

Lynch- 194 cms- 104 kls

Source- Wilkipedia

I challenge you to lose 10% of your body weight and tell me you feel "the same size" you did before. Ten kilos is a lot.

Didn't hear the interview, but I don't think it would be smart to trade our first draft pick now, and I am hoping Bailey is thinking the same. Very happy to go after a big forward/ruck because I think it is the last 'type' of player we really need. However I don't think this player should come at too great a cost, especially if it is going to deny us some serious talent.

I think someone like Q.Lynch is the answer. We don't need a massive goalkicker, we have Bate, Dunn, Green, Jurrah, Petterd and hopefully Watts for that. We need someone who breaks the packs open for them all. Could pick 32 get the deal done?

Totally agree Gouga. 32 would be more than adequate for an outgoing player.

Totally agree Gouga. 32 would be more than adequate for an outgoing player.

Serious doubt you will get anyone who is good for 32

however I might be wrong

Edited by old dee

Worth remembering that the clubs left at the business end of the season all have big bodied forwards. WE need another big bodied forward, end of conversation. Otherwise we end up the next WB, who finally got a beauty in Hall but sadly Johnson was gone....oh, so close. Imagine Roughead and Watts surrounded by Petterd, Tapscott, Jurrah and Wonaeamirri being fed by our midfield... Unstoppable.

Worth remembering that the clubs left at the business end of the season all have big bodied forwards. WE need another big bodied forward, end of conversation. Otherwise we end up the next WB, who finally got a beauty in Hall but sadly Johnson was gone....oh, so close. Imagine Roughead and Watts surrounded by Petterd, Tapscott, Jurrah and Wonaeamirri being fed by our midfield... Unstoppable.

I'd like to see the MFC target Darling (rather than an established player such as Roughhead) to satisfy the big bodied forward, via the upgrade of a pick from a trade. Whilst he may be considered too short for many at 192cm, he's already 98kg's, has an attack on the footy to rival Jono Brown and loves the physical contest of splitting packs open. He'd be a perfect foil to allow the likes of, Watts, Jurrah, Bate and Petterd to play as mobile forwards.

Didn't roughie sign-on on for 4 more years? Not sure why everyone is entertaining the idea, the guy is going nowhere.

OK from what i have read yes bailey wants a tall FF player, why because we dont have one full stop. I believe bailey has said that he likes jamar playing in this position but we obvioulsy lack the second ruck who is capable.... PJ is shite so Jamar the legend that he is cant rest up forward in this position because hplays ruck all day through requirement of our list.

People saying Watts isnt the player bailey is looking for....wtf are you talking about? Watts is a CHF ala Riewoldt.... never ever was he goign to be a FF he will dominate the whole ground he is a fast as they come and can run all day why would we leave him in the goal sqaure that is so dumb.

People talkinga bout Q. Lynch stop he is a spud who cant get a game at Westcoast and dont give me any crap about there ruck depth he wouldnt get a game and didnt when cox was injurey he sucks, even more as a forward than in the ruck.

Do like the Lynch is it that is at the saint, obvoulsy third in line behind Kosi and Roo, even though Kosi was crap all year, i assume he would love to be dropped at FF in many other teams, melbourne being right up there.

My tip would be Hale yes he isnt a superstar, but plays forward and ruck.... him and Jamar switching between the two positions all game anyone? delist PJ anyone? would only cost a pick after say 25-30 so our second rounder this year? and he is 26 has another 5 season...or more left in him

Then go best available in the draft, this is all obviously my opinion shoot it down if you want i dont care

I challenge you to lose 10% of your body weight and tell me you feel "the same size" you did before. Ten kilos is a lot.

I have lost this year since coming back from the USA more than 10%.And by god I feel better,stronger and fitter.I train at least 15 hours a week now.Some players have bulked up too far- some need to put on weight.Matter of fact I think Lynch could improve drammatically if he lost say 7/8 kls.One player whom has lost a great deal of weight and to his betterment especially this year is Leigh Brown-194 101 23.02.82 still got alot of weight but trimmed down 8 kls and has developed durability to run out games whilst playing in several positions.I also train with Wil Minson whose frame has to carry around 108 kls currently. 10 kls is not that much difference on big frames but it is definately the fitness and durabiliy that these big men need to get into their game.I therefore repeat that 10% difference in big men such as Miller,Lynch, Minson is not that great shown in my example of Brown. Therefore I understand your point but hopefully you understand mine.And CHOOK-to my knowledge you live in Perth if not I would challenge you to come and watch me train.And guess what- their is only 8 kls difference B/W Mills & Lynch not 10%.You added up incorrectly 104 minus 96 = 8kls when I went to school.

Edited by jayceebee31

I have lost this year since coming back from the USA more than 10%.And by god I feel better,stronger and fitter.I train at least 15 hours a week now.Some players have bulked up too far- some need to put on weight.Matter of fact I think Lynch could improve drammatically if he lost say 7/8 kls.One player whom has lost a great deal of weight and to his betterment especially this year is Leigh Brown-194 101 23.02.82 still got alot of weight but trimmed down 8 kls and has developed durability to run out games whilst playing in several positions.I also train with Wil Minson whose frame has to carry around 108 kls currently. 10 kls is not that much difference on big frames but it is definately the fitness and durabiliy that these big men need to get into their game.I therefore repeat that 10% difference in big men such as Miller,Lynch, Minson is not that great shown in my example of Brown. Therefore I understand your point but hopefully you understand mine.And CHOOK-to my knowledge you live in Perth if not I would challenge you to come and watch me train.And guess what- their is only 8 kls difference B/W Mills & Lynch not 10%.You added up incorrectly 104 minus 96 = 8kls when I went to school.

Take this in the jest it was given:

You are the king of passive aggressiveness.