David Hale

Demon Tragic

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dorry, I'm just got my PC back, a freinds been doing some work cleaning it up.

Forum postors: No, the club won't make decisions based on what A forum postor decrees!

But they will definitely listen to the MASS Popular Opinion when expressed passionately over a current debatable Decision, thats to be made On behalf of the club & it's mermbers.

The members are the bosses of the club. They hire and fire the board, who in turn employ passionate people, to run & make decisions on a full time daily basis.

So Yes, collectively, the members are the bosses.

It's the same in politics or is supposed to be. When there is honesty & transparency.

You actually reckon they have read this thread and listened, dont you?

But they will definitely listen to the MASS Popular Opinion when expressed passionately over a current debatable Decision, thats to be made On behalf of the club & it's mermbers.

If that is true then I believe we should all loudly post a MASS Popular Opinion that they should all quit their jobs and make way for someone competent.

Their job is to do what is best for the club, not what noisy members demand.

Dorry, I'm just got my PC back, a freinds been doing some work cleaning it up.

Forum postors: No, the club won't make decisions based on what A forum postor decrees!

The members are the bosses of the club. They hire and fire the board, who in turn employ passionate people, to run & make decisions on a full time daily basis.

It's the same in politics or is supposed to be. When there is honesty & transparency.

You can't be serious. God help you mate your are DEELUDED !!!

I'm sure they sit there at Etihad, in the arm chairs, spending their valued time browsing forums such as this, whilst trade week is on too. Worried about backlash.......

Transcript obtained from Etihad via deepthroat (false misrepresentation)

"Sorry Brad (Scott), can't do the deal champ, dee-luded has just posted on D'land that we're giving up too much !" - Prendergast.

"That's okay Barry, hello David are you there ? Listen mate, we'll talk to Chris Pelchen and see if we can get a deal done for you, so how about the Hawks mate ?"

"What happened with the Dees?!" shouts Hale.

"Nah, a couple of their forum supporters says you're too costly, don't worry about it....Buddy & Roughead will be just as good for you, you only have competition in Skipper" says Scott.

"F$%# off Scotty, you promised me the Dees !" sobs Hale.

"Mate, I have no control over forum guru's! I'm sorry bud!" - Scott.

"Beep.., beep,..beep...beep.." Hale hangs up the phone.

C'mon HT, you know as well as I do that the List managers wouldn't do that, but they will report back to other office management who in turn will discuss any concerns they have, or anything they have to add of relative interest.

The office managers are well informed & keep intouch with forums like this these days to see how people are thinking. And to see that alls well.

So yes, the list management team would be well aware that this issue has caused great interest & 'the boards are lighting up'. Just as the media are.

What is the Mass Popular Opinion? Talk back radio?? Tealeaves in the bottom of a cup?? Oh yes..football forums??

It isnt like that at all and you are in a fantasy land.

When did the members actually vote Jim Stynes in and the old Board out? Since Gutnick when have the members hired and fired any MFC board members?

Members pay for the right to attend games, receiving communications from the Club, have a collective sense of belonging to something and in a contingent situation get to vote on Board positions when there are more proposers than positions.

C'mon HT, you know as well as I do that the List managers wouldn't do that, but they will report back to other office management who in turn will discuss any concerns they have, or anything they have to add of relative interest.

The office managers are well informed & keep intouch with forums like this these days to see how people are thinking. And to see that alls well.

So in fact you are saying that the list managers would in fact do that but just do it via office management who they report back to.

Good Grief. :wacko:

If that is true then I believe we should all loudly post a MASS Popular Opinion that they should all quit their jobs and make way for someone competent.

Better still, let's all demand for Ablett & Judd. And see what happens. B)

I agree, I've just done that buying a turntable over Ebay, prepared to pay to a certain amount, but didn't realise there can be costs importing. So my ultimate cost is higher than I intended. First timer.

Which TH clearly isn't, and to nobody's surprise he seems to have it well under control, with or without help from this thread.

Does the MASS Popular Opinion light torches and storm the bastille when they are not happy? :lol:

We can thank ourselves for that offer, going by dee-luded's theory. I have a feeling that the Club were going to offer Trengove and pick 12 for Hale, but after TH read this forum, they decided to do what we said and offer our 2nd round pick.

Great work posters, we should be proud of ourselves!

NO, not Pick , FFS.

Tell that to any politician in Canberra. They don't worry about what A person thinks this way or that,,,,,BUT when you get a Mass backlash after an event or If you get a strong list of people writing in their objections to an issue, and it's well supported, the management Will listen and consider the implications.

You actually reckon they have read this thread and listened, dont you?

Yes, I do. We have office people reading from time to time consistently, checking on the Mood etc & responses of how our direction is being perceived. It also has a large bearing on the membership issue, and building a happy unified club.

Tell that to any politician in Canberra. They don't worry about what A person thinks this way or that,,,,,BUT when you get a Mass backlash after an event or If you get a strong list of people writing in their objections to an issue, and it's well supported, the management Will listen and consider the implications.

You do realise what is happening in this thread, with mainly just you pushing it, is not actually considered MASS?

We were never going to pay overs for Hale. The FD are not stupid. They dont need you to help them out in their decisions, and also dont listen.

Yes, I do. We have office people reading from time to time consistently, checking on the Mood etc & responses of how our direction is being perceived. It also has a large bearing on the membership issue, and building a happy unified club.

Good. Mood of the members is a very important thing to gauge.

That's got absolutely nothing to do with making critical football department decisions though. If it did, we'd have drafted Serhat Temel last year.

You can't be serious. God help you mate your are DEELUDED !!!

Someone here wrote that years back, so I took it as a badge of honour. Oh, But don't worry, my doctor says I'm fine. LOL...

And I have looked up the real meaning of the word, so as to check on what people saying isn't right.

Yep we re-signed Nathan Jones because DemonSG spat the dummy too and what about those faked moon landings eh?

You do realise what is happening in this thread, with mainly just you pushing it, is not actually considered MASS?

We were never going to pay overs for Hale. The FD are not stupid. They dont need you to help them out in their decisions, and also dont listen.

No, but it was in the first couple of days.

Since then there was no more that could be done except have some fun.

Um . . . if you reread this thread I'm not sure what the mass consensus is

I can tell who makes the most noise, but I see a range of opinions from "no way - he's a spud" all the way to "a round 1 pick slide from 12-17 is ok, go for it"

Mass opinion can be hard to discern in a noisy forum

That's so they understand how to read and spin a situation, not so they can make decisions based on what we as a majority think we want.

It is a truism that often what people think they want is not what they really want.

What is the Mass Popular Opinion? Talk back radio?? Tealeaves in the bottom of a cup?? Oh yes..football forums??

No way, it's the star sign predictions in the paper. They haven't said "Change is in your future" for Hale's star sign yet.

When that happens, wait and see what we offer the 'Roos.

Good. Mood of the members is a very important thing to gauge.

That's got absolutely nothing to do with making critical football department decisions though. If it did, we'd have drafted Serhat Temel last year.

Now your being cute Nasher, Serhat termel wasn't all that popular, some liked, some didn't & many liked others. Burt there wasn't a general consensus on any one player so much.

That's so they understand how to read and spin a situation, not so they can make decisions based on what we as a majority think we want.

It is a truism that often what people think they want is not what they really want.

They'd use it both ways, to communicate better information about an issue that maybe isn't understood well. Or if there was a big backlash, they may very well reconsider their thinking. It just would depend on the issue & the feelings it caused amongst the rank & file.