• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jim Stynes

dees189227

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sheesh, can't believe i forgot about this!

flicked over and saw the last 5 mins and that was tear jerking enough, the speech from Bail's....

10:30pm Wednesday it is repeated. Please watch it in its entirety...

Just pre ordered the video so we dont have a wait a week up here to see it.

Good Luck Jimma.

sheesh, can't believe i forgot about this!

flicked over and saw the last 5 mins and that was tear jerking enough, the speech from Bail's....

Video (available from Demons Shop) has an extra 70 minutes on it.

Wow what a doco. I just hoped non footy people watched it. What a legend Jim is. So brave and never gives up and so glad he's part of our club. It's good that they didn't leave out any heavy bits, im glad we saw what he is prepared to do. Drink his own urine, have his coffee a different way and his meditation that he does. I couldnt believe how much muscle he lost off his legs. They were looking very very thin.

Obviously Jules is great for him. Keeps his sense of humour going and Jim is also still mentoring him to by the way he spoke at the reach event. I just used to see Jules as a guy on getaway. Im glad Jules is there for him and he is obviously a help to Sam as well.

I loved when Garry spoke about him and teared up when Garry said I went up to him and told him I loved him.

As I read on a website that someone wrote, I see what Ben Cousins did to his body and I see what Jim Stynes does to his. I know who i admire. Jim.

Jim after seeing you on ACA last week I thought your were gone, but your spirit and mind works wonders. You can do it and for each day you are alive the world is a better place.

Yes, but very good to watch. A well produced documentary.

How hard was it to watch Jules and Jim speak at the Reach function? Pretty inspirational viewing.

That was amazing. Had me shedding tears.

What a man he is and what a journey he is taking. If ever the higher powers (if there is/are ones) need to shine down on a good guy, it is time they shine down on Big Jim.

He has galvanised this footy club and given us all hope and a vision of a bright and successful future. I hope now for the sake of he and his family all his good hard work is repaid in full in his recovery.

Keep fighting big fella, we're all here fighting with you.

Simply Amazing.

Had me in tears. I havent cried like that for a long time, and it feels good. Jim Stynes inspires me to be a good person, he inspires me to be nice and respectful to everyone. He is the modern-day Jesus Christ in my eyes.

I LOVE YOU JIMMY :)

You Will leave a massive massive legacy at the club when you pass. I LOVE YOU BIG FELLA!

AND THE GO THE DEES!

You know what REALLY urks me??? And I do get passionate about this.

If there truly is a "God", why does He put [censored] on the most amazing of people??? Why is it truly that good die young??? What did Jimmy do to deserve this after all he's done for AFL and the Reach Foundation that he HIMSELF founded???

Answer: NOTHING!! The bloke is the only Jesus Christ there has ever been. In fact, he's the only God I'm aware of.

Unfortunately, the [censored] has hit the fan and Jimmy and his close family/friends are knee deep in it. I'm praying that St Jimmy pulls through. One thing's for sure though... he has done his absolute best and has lived up to his solid reputation: A fighter through adversity.

Well said everyone. Unbelievably moving 1 hour of a true reality TV program. I don`t get emotional too often but I was sucking back the big ones tonight. If ever any of us find ourselves worrying about trivial things in our lives, just watch any minute of this program for a quick reality check. Jim goes through physical and mental pain everyday, gets bucked off the horse and gets back on continuously.

If I was offered 1 wish right now it would be to see Jim on the dais holding up our 13th Cup. Please be around for that moment Jim. I reckon I`d cry like a baby.

If there truly is a "God", why does He put [censored] on the most amazing of people??? Why is it truly that good die young??? What did Jimmy do to deserve this after all he's done for AFL and the Reach Foundation that he HIMSELF founded???

Answer: NOTHING!! The bloke is the only Jesus Christ there has ever been. In fact, he's the only God I'm aware of.

Unfortunately, the [censored] has hit the fan and Jimmy and his close family/friends are knee deep in it. I'm praying that St Jimmy pulls through. One thing's for sure though... he has done his absolute best and has lived up to his solid reputation: A fighter through adversity.

There is no God...We humans are on our own.

Our hearts beat true, and long may yours Big Jim. Just as you overcame adversity on the football field, so will you overcome it on a much bigger stage.

To me, Jim is superhuman, but to see him break down in front of all those kids from Reach, made him just human. And it is this human quality that makes a phenomenal being.

Can't wait to see him hold up our next premiership cup.

god I hope he makes it to then. Tears watching that.

What an inspirational bloke

There is no God...We humans are on our own.

as Clint Eastwood said in the unforgiven, "it;s got nothing to do with deserve,there is a god, unfortunately god has nothing to do with it, it does not matter who you are or what you do,good people die young, bad people die young, it does not determine how long we stay on this earth, as good as jimmy bean in this world, he still falls short of gods high standards. AS does everone the this world.

If there truly is a "God", why does He put [censored] on the most amazing of people???

I am not a religious person, but by his own admission this terrible experience has made him a better person and has touched a lot of complete strangers in a way that i doubt anyone could even imagine. They (religious people) claim a grand plan, so while there is a lot of merit in your argument, i'm sure that they would claim an equal argument for the opposite.

That 1 hour was probably some of the most powerful television i will ever see, every scene sent me on an emotional journey and i was certainly choking back the tears for much of the doco. Well made, and tastefully done. My heart goes out to his family, his wife was incredible and i can't help but get a pit in my stomach imagining her having to raise the kids without him.

Not that it needs to be said, but keep on fighting Jimmy!

To me, Jim is superhuman, but to see him break down in front of all those kids from Reach, made him just human. And it is this human quality that makes a phenomenal being.

Yeah. That was the bit that made it hit home. The bit with the players was pretty impressive, but it had nothing on the reach scene with the kids. There's times when a camera is on people and they get teary, or break down, and somehow it doesn't read true. You see it all the time in the news, and current affairs shows. People get teary for all sorts of reasons, often it's as simple as the fact that a camera puts the pressure on. The other day on ACA, some old bint got all sooky over a speeding fine or something. But that scene might have been one of the few times I've seen someone break down on film and see it be completely honest and natural. Which is sort of what made Crawford's thing ring true. He was overwhelmed, but partly because of exhaustion, and you could see that quite clearly. Seeing Jim break down like that, you could empathise so specifically with how he saw him realise he was mortal, how he needed some help being positive... So honest.

And now everyone who saw that feels like they know him intimately. I wouldn't have the balls to do that fully healthy OR at death's door. It's one thing to be courageous enough to play 244 games in a row, and to fight cancer the way he has. But to do something that intimate for all of Australia to see? That's a whole different kind of guts. Jesus... I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. It's likely that, unless he's started a trend, we may not ever see that again. We say this word a lot, and it's misused most of the time. But that was extraordinary.

I am currently overseas for the next 2 months and want to watch this documentary. I have managed to watch the trailer and the footage from the footy show, but I want to watch the whole thing. Jim is an inspiration to all of us, and I hope that I can be a hundredth of the man he is, because then I will be a good person.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

as Clint Eastwood said in the unforgiven, "it;s got nothing to do with deserve,there is a god, unfortunately god has nothing to do with it, it does not matter who you are or what you do,good people die young, bad people die young, it does not determine how long we stay on this earth, as good as jimmy bean in this world, he still falls short of gods high standards. AS does everone the this world.

one of clint's great movies the "unforgiven" directed by the great man as well.

i love a good western!!