Any Reports...?

Vagg

Regrettably, I wasn't able to make it to the after match celebrations at the Pineapple Hotel last night. But, according to Schwabbie in Twitter, there'll be a few supporters with sore heads today. Maybe that explains the lack of reports re the function either here or on 'Ology!

Anybody got a report?

Would love to hear who was there and what was said..

Regrettably, I wasn't able to make it to the after match celebrations at the Pineapple Hotel last night. But, according to Schwabbie in Twitter, there'll be a few supporters with sore heads today. Maybe that explains the lack of reports re the function either here or on 'Ology!

Anybody got a report?

Would love to hear who was there and what was said..

There probably aren't any reports because of the sore heads that would have resulted this morning.

So from a non-drinker...

The place was absolutely jumping. One couldn't move inside as it was packed wall to wall. Lost track of the number of times the club song was sung, but that only followed on from the singing at the ground and on the streets outside. This was as huge as I have seen in 6 years of travelling to Brisbane. Could not believe the number of Melbourne supporters there!

Anyhow back to the Pineapple....Demondeb and her crew excelled themselves again, the crowd would have drunk the bar dry, and then the ALL players and coaches arrived!!!

Fantastic as they spread among the crowd for photos, back slapping and man-handling by multiple attractive ladies!!

Every one of them had the time and patience for the fans, even though they had just been through a fairly hard slog in wet conditions.

Chris Connolly assumed MC and got the crowd even more fired up. Chip was sponsored by the Queensland Demons, so had donated a couple of signed jumpers for the raffle. Don McLardy stood up to tell how the DebtDemolition was going....$150K so far and expects it to be cleaned out this Wednesday following the Demolition dinner. Another 2 Foundation heroes signed up on the night for $5K! Then told us that Jimmy wished he could be there and would have been if he could.

Crowd finally thinned out at checked the watch....well past midnight!!

A great night.

There probably aren't any reports because of the sore heads that would have resulted this morning.

So from a non-drinker...

A great night.

Thanks, George! Sorry I missed it!

Sorry you missed it too.

It was jam packed and everyone was having a great time. Not enough staff to cope with the bar tho so many went downstairs to get drinks. It was just that tight. Players were great and got man handled.

Chip also won man of the match which I was a little reluctant to announce seeing we sponsored him but he did a brilliant job on Brown and closely followed by Sylvia and Garland.

Hon mentions to our young boys Scully and Watts.

Next year hopefully we will get a day game as these nights just kill attendances but I must say I dont know how many more we could fit in to the room.

Epic report fail! demon_laugh.gif

I'm not so sure Jaded. I was there and those three words tend to sum up the vibe pretty well. I now understand the reasoning behind the naming of the hotel. My head still feels like I've been repeatedly thumped by a pineapple.

I'm not so sure Jaded. I was there and those three words tend to sum up the vibe pretty well. I now understand the reasoning behind the naming of the hotel. My head still feels like I've been repeatedly thumped by a pineapple.

So the highlight of the night was pretty much how the supporters binge drank themselves stupid?

Generally, when one drinks to the point of general oblivion, they tend to have some pretty decent stories to tell the next day. So far, we've been given donuts (not to be confused with the great man once nicknamed Donuts).

So the highlight of the night was pretty much how the supporters binge drank themselves stupid?

Generally, when one drinks to the point of general oblivion, they tend to have some pretty decent stories to tell the next day. So far, we've been given donuts (not to be confused with the great man once nicknamed Donuts).

That's a fair call Jaded. Living in the footballing wilderness, I'm greatly appreciative of all the reports those closer to the action provide. The least I can do is provide a little detail.

A Melbourne victory seemed certain from the outset as far as I was concerned. Pre-game ales at the Pineapple provided the omen I needed when a Brisbane Lions membership card was seen floating in the urinal. We were never going to lose.

Don McLardy, Chris Connolly and Dean Bailey all spoke at the after-game function. CC took on his usual MCing role and seemed pretty happy that he was facing some jubilant fans rather than the downcast faces that met him last year. All speakers highlighted how different the reception was last year after a poor performance. Don spoke positively about most of the things people here would already know (new facilities, membership, debt demolitoin, young playing group etc . . ) and then filled us all in on Jim's health. It's strange but sometimes it doesn't matter how many times you read or hear about how serious a situation is, hearing someone first hand use words like "aggressive" and "rare" to describe the challenge confronting our president rams home exactly how big a fight he has on his hands. He basically suggested that Jim would be here if he could again reinforcing the seriousness of his current plight. Bailey mentioned what a lift the team got from the amazing support provided during and after the game. The players seemed generally delighted by the passion shown by both the local and travelling supporters who were in fine voice all night. Bailey talked up the season that Frawley has had before Chip was introduced to the crowd as the QLD Demons BOG. The PA system didn't help Chip out and he didn't really provide any ground breaking insights into the game but his excitement at the future of the club was clear. I'm sure his public speaking will improve as I'm certain he'll be called up regularly in the future and a leadership role surely beckons.

Jamar, Rivers, Bartram, Wonaemirri, Garland, Bruce, Syliva and MacDonald were all sighted. The Russian was very very popular! Rousing rendition number 4,587 of the club song rounded out the evening and the greasy burger down the road on the way home never tasted better.

Wins at the Gabba are indeed rare and as much as 2002 (Neitz and Ward driven come from behind epic) and the scenes that followed at the German club remain a lifelong highlight, Saturday came pretty close - not because we played particularly well but because the 2010 finals dream is alive and more importantly because all those present are obviously excited about the next 5 - 10 years.

The good thing is that like all good supporters, they're taking it one binge at at a time. :wacko:

Sounds much better than the time I last ventured out there (2005) and we were flogged by 13 or 14 goals. The German Club was like a funeral parlour after the game and the players stayed for five minutes.

The good thing is that like all good supporters, they're taking it one binge at at a time. :wacko:

Sounds much better than the time I last ventured out there (2005) and we were flogged by 13 or 14 goals. The German Club was like a funeral parlour after the game and the players stayed for five minutes.

As they say- WINNERS are GRINNERS..And good luck to all and sundry.

Any reports ......... ?

Yes, Cyril Rioli - two weeks (will miss the MFC game in Round 20).

Buddy to go next week :) !!!!

Useful!!!

But remember round 1 in 2008(I think). The Hawks had at least 3 stars out suspended(?Buddy , Brown and Hodge), and several other injuries. We thought we were a good chance because of it. They walloped us by over 100 points.Bateman ran wild.

But we've put up good efforts against Hawthorn about every 2nd meeting, without winning. I reckon we've improved now.(wait a minute....we have to beat the in-form Tigers for it to matter!)

Meanwhile, did I hear correctly that Harvey will be playing his 300th against us in round 22? I hope he misses a game or 2 before that. We don't want that little stager giving them extra incentive. Especially after some derogatory comments from him in the media about us.

Heaven forbid we have a couple (well more than a couple) of frothies to celebrate. You have to remember that most of us living here in Brisbane don't get to see too many live games, and when we have over the last few years up here, there hasn't exactly been much to celebrate. Different story if you get to see them every second week I would have thought!?

Edit:

Actually, having re-read my post, we havent exactly had much to celebrate when playing anywhere in the last few years?!

Edited by Demonator

Heaven forbid we have a couple (well more than a couple) of frothies to celebrate. You have to remember that most of us living here in Brisbane don't get to see too many live games, and when we have over the last few years up here, there hasn't exactly been much to celebrate. Different story if you get to see them every second week I would have thought!?

Edit:

Actually, having re-read my post, we havent exactly had much to celebrate when playing anywhere in the last few years?!

As if you took my post seriously.

We need a sarcasm font... stat!