Rivers - reliable and safe

Scully - important linking game

Sylvia - an important return

Trengove - see Scully's comments

Watts - little to excite

McKenzie - tough in clinches

Edited by joeboy

Bate - Shorter Version of Paul Johnson.

Actually PJ was very good for about 10 minutes at the start of the last quarter.

Watts is struggling, needs a spell in the magoos.

I thought he was right about Bennell. Has little impact on the game, has a few runs down the wing but besides that isn't clean enough or finish well enough

Edited by PeterJames

Actually PJ was very good for about 10 minutes at the start of the last quarter.

I thought he was right about Bennell. Has little impact on the game, has a few runs down the wing but besides that isn't clean enough or finish well enough

Watts doesn't need a spell,,,keep playing him,,,he won't develop intensity in the 2's

Isn't clean enough? Are you kidding? Has the cleanest pair of hands in the team! At the moment his impact is minimal, but when he does get his hands on the footy he is generally damaging.

PJ- the less said the better

Trengove - classy classy classy

Loved his blind turn through the Bombers' forward line in the second quarter

I actually thought Watts was ok today. Showed some great aggression and some nice attacks upon the ball.

So many of you expect this kid to rip a game apart, How was Nick Reiwoldt doing 10 games in?

Watts was OK today. The problem is that he loses almost every 50-50 contest.

This will change as he gains strength and experience.

Patience is a virtue.

Also, what's with people not recognising Bate. Thought he played really well today, worked hard. He marked the ball/found the ball 60-70m out from goal a number of times, which is a good CHF's game.

Guest watts04

If people don't see how hard Bate runs and how important for our structure and avenue to goal they are muppets

Was good today and Watts was ok too, aggression was improved.

Trenners = awesome

Wrong about bennell.

True thought he was prety tough all day doesnt ever ethuse with natural skill but his toughness i like, also thought cheney was good tillo copped a corkie

Watts wasn't bad today. He's still a little shy when it comes to body contact, but he's improving. He took a couple of big hits to get the ball into a teammates hands, one of which was a direct goal assist to Sylvia. THe biggest problem is that he backs off when they put body pressure on him. He went for a mark in the goalsquare with Jurrah waiting for the crumb and when his man backed into him he gave ground without a fight and wound up jumping backwards for the mark. The defender was given a free punch with almost no opposition.

The other are he really needs to improve is his running. He gets the ball and slows down to asses his options, allowing the opposition to tackle or corner him. He needs to get the idea of taking the ball and sprinting with it for a half dozen steps just to get clear of his immediate opponents. He has the pace, but too often he's too busy looking for the next play to use it.

But aside from that, he kicked a goal, he took some marks and he did a couple of brilliant things that won't register on the stats. Not a great game, but not terrible.

If people don't see how hard Bate runs and how important for our structure and avenue to goal they are muppets

Was good today and Watts was ok too, aggression was improved.

Trenners = awesome

Thought Bate was good in patches, especially when the Bummers were coming back at us. He was linking really well between mid and fwd line.

Edited by Cards13

Bartram - excellent stopping game

Bate - worked to present

Bennell - didn't do enough

Bruce - wonderful all day

Cheney - seemed overawed today

Davey - some occasional brilliance

Dunn - fantastic first half

Frawley - biggest mancrush ever

Garland - '08 form returning

Green - a vintage performance

Jamar - hello Bluey medal

Johnson - fumbled and stumbled

Jones - stuck at task

Jurrah - needed the run

MacDonald - provided important aggression

Moloney - important centre breaks

Trengove - second biggest mancrush

Watts - slowly getting comfortable

Bartram - excellent stopping game Pffft! Rarely sighted

Bate - rarely got going

Bennell - didn't do enough Very useful attacking game

Bruce - wonderful all day Not ALL day, few ordinary disposals but was very good otherwise

Cheney - was rarely noticed Swap that for your comments on Bartram

Dunn - fantastic first half And rendered Watson ineffective

Frawley - performed as expected

Garland - Inspector Gadget returns Was one of our best

Jamar - owned the centre Owned all the stoppages

Johnson - fumbled and stumbled But had a coupla good moments

Jones - stuck at task Tried hard, but was too slow

Jurrah - needed the run

MacDonald - provided important aggression And great run and poise

Rivers - reliable and safe HORRIBLE in the first quarter

Watts - little to excite Coupla nice moments that excited, overall not nearly enough intensity

Geez, were we at the same game or do you just hate a few of those blokes?

Watts was OK today. The problem is that he loses almost every 50-50 contest.

This will change as he gains strength and experience.

Patience is a virtue.

Also, what's with people not recognising Bate. Thought he played really well today, worked hard. He marked the ball/found the ball 60-70m out from goal a number of times, which is a good CHF's game.

Bate has turned holding the opposition player out and marking at the back in to an art form, he is one of the best I've seen at that. Bate got caught on his right foot sveral times early today and looked ordinary early but he worked his way back in to the game.

Watts showed some lovely skills today, it will come in time but it won't at Casey. Getting easy kicks in a lower form is not the way to get him up to speed.

How strong is Chip, he just backs himself because he knows if they do catch him, they can't hold him.

PJ was a worry all day he is so soft for a big man and just gets bundled out the way. He just doesn't seem up to it; too bad really he has the opportunity and has the size and speed.

cheney and paul johnson will be lucky if they survive the list cuts at the end of the season.

today essendon were extra dangerous when the play was around these two players, cheney can do some good things, once or twice a match, but is a shocker, same with paul johnson.

also watts was a little disappointing i thought it was going to be his match, but what he did do was really good, and his work ethic is top notch, i would love to see his gps, because he covers alot of ground, chasing and shepparding and leading.

I love Chip. He is awesomeness wrapped in goodness packaged in win.

And Garland was giant today. Did Monfries get a kick?

Also fantastic to see Sylvia back dominating. He is a pleasure to watch when he is on.

Definite low lights today were PJ (will he ever take a mark?) and I thought Cheney got lost way too many times. Rivers did some great things, but his opponent who is a no-name kid got 3 on him, which was disappointing. MacDonald is another one who does some great things, then turns around and hits an opponent on the chest with a 12m kick. Maybe it's because we've become spoilt with the likes of Chip, Garland and Grimes in our backline, but these defenders leave much to be desired.

Certainly there is room to push one of them out and bring back Warnock, who may not be the most talented guy in the world, but has plenty of pace and strength.

Watts showed today something that he hasn't shown yet, which was aggression at the ball. He laid some nice bumps and got smashed in the goal-assist of the day. However the highlight for me was when he intercepted an Essendon handball in our forwardline and weaved his way through 3 opponents. Sadly he didn't have the confidence to back himself for the goal, but that evasiveness is rare in someone so tall. It was Buddy-like!

Edited by Jaded

Bennell - isn't clean enough??????? Um, what are people watching???? He picks up the ball on a half volley more than anyone. Geez.

3 word analysis - more good signs!

Watts - little to excite? Just a really really dumb 3 word analysis - sorry!

Did some nice things again, a little more aggression, the Davey bump and the Sylvia goal he set up was super, he just needs to add more strength so that he takes those marks in the goal square. Anyone that can't see that is fair dinkum blind!!

Dees well lead by the senior group today, Russian pulling them all along. Important win for morale, confidence and our progression.

A good result Dees!

Bartram - excellent stopping game

Bate - rarely got going

Bennell - didn't do enough

Bruce - wonderful all day

Cheney - was rarely noticed

Dunn - fantastic first half

Frawley - performed as expected

Garland - Inspector Gadget returns

Jamar - owned the centre

Johnson - fumbled and stumbled

Jones - stuck at task

Jurrah - needed the run

MacDonald - provided important aggression

Watts - little to excite

Your comments on Bate and Rivers I find astounding. I am at a a loss to work out what people expect from Watts at this stage of his career.

I love Chip. He is awesomeness wrapped in goodness packaged in win.

And Garland was giant today. Did Monfries get a kick?

Also fantastic to see Sylvia back dominating. He is a pleasure to watch when he is on.

Definite low lights today were PJ (will he ever take a mark?) and I thought Cheney got lost way too many times. Rivers did some great things, but his opponent who is a no-name kid got 3 on him, which was disappointing. MacDonald is another one who does some great things, then turns around and hits an opponent on the chest with a 12m kick. Maybe it's because we've become spoilt with the likes of Chip, Garland and Grimes in our backline, but these defenders leave much to be desired.

Certainly there is room to push one of them out and bring back Warnock, who may not be the most talented guy in the world, but has plenty of pace and strength.

Watts showed today something that he hasn't shown yet, which was aggression at the ball. He laid some nice bumps and got smashed in the goal-assist of the day. However the highlight for me was when he intercepted an Essendon handball in our forwardline and weaved his way through 3 opponents. Sadly he didn't have the confidence to back himself for the goal, but that evasiveness is rare in someone so tall. It was Buddy-like!

And people still want to knock and summarise his game as nothing to excite? Not sure what some expect but his last 3 games have been some bloody good steps forward.

He is looking the goods in everyway! Just add some size.

Good call Jaded. If people cant see the increments of improvement in Watts then I dont know what they expect.